Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

I dont like Jez Moxey

I''m still sitting on the fence with him at the moment, the most important position in any large business.

The name is less a concern, would be more concerned if he replaced "Jez" with "I''m" though.

I''m on the fence at the moment. Wasn''t best pleased with his appointment as he never took Wolves anywhere and upset their fans so what''s he going to bring in for us? Anyone coming in will struggle to begin with given what McNally had done for the club, but a terrible end to the transfer window hasn''t really helped in my eyes!

Bit too smooth and got that salesman''s patter with an answer for everything but that''s the same with all Chief Execs. He may not have seen Wolves have much success but he was there for 16 years so there must have been something about him to survive that long.Our previous Chief Exec was hardly a cuddly old boy but he was a major factor in turning things round. Who cares what Jez looks like? I doubt he''s thinking of auditioning to be the next James Bond so it''s hardly a dealbreaker.

I agree he does look like a downgrade fro McNally and definitely a yes man for the smith-Jones team. Who is the challenge at the board level it can''t be the fox trotting chairman or the relative!

[quote user="AJ"]I''m on the fence at the moment. Wasn''t best pleased with his appointment as he never took Wolves anywhere and upset their fans so what''s he going to bring in for us? Anyone coming in will struggle to begin with given what McNally had done for the club, but a terrible end to the transfer window hasn''t really helped in my eyes![/quote]

It''s a bit early to tell how he will be at NCFC. Wolves did get promoted twice whilst he was there and I''m sure he must have upset some Wolves fans but that''s par for the course being a football CEO. I only know one Stoke fan but he says Moxey did a good job there, I''m sure he also managed to upset some Stoke fans as well.

Jez is comfortable with the fact that the majority shareholding duo are not selling up.......It means his position is safe for the foreseeable future.......Unlike his latter days at Molly Knox.

As CEO there''ll obviously be times when we''re going ok that people will think he''s doing ok, the opposite when we''re not. It''s what comes with the job and there were plenty who were unhappy with McNally in the end. IMO it is not that easy for us to tell whether he''s doing a great job or not - success or otherwise on the pitch isn''t necessarily a good indicator (he could be doing crap but with a decent manager/players we could still be near the top).

If the first requirement of a Chief Exec at any English football club was to win a popularity contest held by the fans, then there would be 92 permanent vacancies at English clubs. You lot are just nuts and this Topic is pretty daft. I neither like him or dislike him as i personally dont know the guy, all i am interested in is what kind of job he does for City, based on what we are allowed to know.After the window there were clamours from the fans to get some reaction from the club about the thought of failings  that had happened in the fans eyes. The local media took this up, and Jez Moxey responded. The questions asked were put to him up front, he gave his answers. I listened to it all, and thought Jez answered in an honest, straight forward, easy to understand manner.As a chief exec, ive been impressed with his straight to it answers, he has the absolute best interests at heart for NCFC as a club and how they stand in this day and age. I may or may not like some of the things his job may force him to act upon  now and in future, but then im just a fan, but so far hes come across as approachable, with a straight forward no nonsense way of  doing things.