Sign in to follow this  
CanaryOne

Klose unhappy too

It''s actually worse than that. All the players who have ever played here wish they''d played for someone else and all the players who have yet to play here wish they were going to play for someone else.....

It''s plainly obvious that we needed new hungry players who see the PL as something to fight for and see Norwich as a good opportunity to achieve that.

Many of the current players either feel they should be transferred back to the higher league or were not good enough to be there in the first place.

If AN can pull this round into a determined group prepared to battle through a long season then he will deserve a massive pat on the back. Im not holding my breath and think he should have gone last Christmas but we are where we are as the board haven''t got the bottle to do the right thing which is to bring in Bruce to shake this lot out of their relegation sulk.

Criticised for not being strong in the transfer market and now criticised for being strong with the players. At the start of the summer Alex Neil said he wouldn''t sell players he didn''t want to. With Olsson, Klose and Ruddy still here we are much stronger for it. With the transfer window shut until January they have to get their heads down and work for the team. Poor performance and attitude will only make a move more difficult if that''s what any of them actually want.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It''s actually worse than that. All the players who have ever played here wish they''d played for someone else and all the players who have yet to play here wish they were going to play for someone else.....[/quote]

Apart from the legend that is Darren Huckerby!!!!

Sometimes just sometimes a "team" of unloved and want away mavericks thrive in adversity. Let us hope this manager has the balls to make this lot gel.

As many of you know i said Klose wanted to stay right from the day after we were relegated

That was his words not mine that is what he said in the meeting

Now i am sorry to say all this players wanting to jump ship / unhappy etc must be down to the manager !

they are my words not Klose''s but the tactics and style of football is that the reason i think it is

What has changed his mind ?

I totally disagree that keeping players who want away will somehow prove succesful. Determination, confidence and hunger can take you a very long way, as we ourselves have proved in the past more than once.

Conversely not having those things can make it very tough to succeed. If we aren''t going to change the players then we need to change their mindset which will require some top management skills.

We shall see. I very much hope I''m wrong.

The international managers should not get involved with the transfer market and unsettling players.

Surely they should be saying that they will pick them no matter what league they are playing in because the managers are aware of the players'' abilities.

And not adopt the Hodgson moronic logic that if they are not in the top league they are no good.

It didn''t affect Robson Kanu or Vokes, look at the rubish the premier league produced for England in the Euros

We provided some of the best performers and we were already relegated.

Many international teams are only championship standard, who does the Swiss manager think he is in charge of.

Likewise Martin O''Neill should STFU, we helped develop Hoolahan fron a left winger into the player he is. That would never have happened in the prem.

I hope that the players involved are big enough not to hold grudges

I don''t see what the fuss is about? He signed for us in January to play in the premier league. He got injured, and had he not I would say he would be there with us now. The full quote of his says that The best thing would be the clubs return to the premier league in the summer. Fact is that had we known at the beginning of the season we would have him till at least January we would have been happy with that. If by January we are not challenging then he will be gone, and rightly so.

Spot on Curious Yellow, I think Klose was genuinely happy here till the international break. Great to see O''Neill stirring the pot too, plenty of players for the Republic have been plying their trade at this level without it harming their chances before so why suddenly slag us off over Brady. Couldn''t be anything to do with Delia could it....

I was under the impression he the signed a 3 and a half year contract. Seems they are not worth the paper they are written on.

If like the others who do not want to be here let him go

Glad we stayed strong on this. Highlights how vital the first half of this season will be- if we''re in the top four players will stay as we have a really good chance of going straight back up. If we''re sitting 8th-12th though Klose and Co will be pushing to move.

I think we have to be realistic here, I am far from a big supporter of our transfer performance but we should be congratulated for keeping some of our best players in these sorts of circumstances.

Yup, it is quite astonishing how anything can be used as a stick to beat the club with - we were told by some that we would have to sell our best players (we sold one such player) and be stuck; now that we''ve kept them it''s a negative as it is against their will and they''ll not perform etc etc....it is actually rather ridiculous.

Spot on again Branston. I''d actually take the negatives posts more seriously if they could actually give credit where due for that before beating the club on everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, else 😉

Ah the 60s and 70s..Go to the match on a Saturday afternoon, rush home to local newsagents, get the newly printed Pink Un, then sit down to tea while perusing the match report, football scores, flick thru the inside pages to find  your local Anglian Combination team, pick up other snippets of information, see who had scored the goals in big bold letters...So, wus gorn on ere then? We all amateur psychologists now?  Lets leave Mr. Klose to do his thing on the pitch shall we? My my, how times have changed....

We''ve seen it all before, Ron - a win against Cardiff and I guarantee you things will start settling down again. Which will be a good thing - in all honesty, none of us should have to worry about anything other than what happens on the pitch.

Im not privvy to Snap Chat but apparently hes denied on there that he''s unhappy at Norwich, maybe someone who has access to it can post his comments on here

Diane, have seen the snapchat thing but can''t find it now. He doesn''t seem unhappy in it though, more fatallistic. This is (allegedly) a more accurate translation of his interview:

Klose’s disappointment at failed move

3.11 a.m., 2/9/16

Despite several offers, Timm Klose must stay at Norwich City, meaning that he will have to stay in the second tier of English football. The defender is disappointed at this outcome, not least with an eye to a place in the Swiss national side.

Bundesliga and Premier League clubs had made offers, including one of approximately 20 million [translator’s note: currency not given; presumably Swiss francs; if so, approximately £15m] for the central defender from West Brom. His club Norwich City did not let him go, however. A move to a top-flight club would have been Klose’s preferred option. “But if the club puts its foot down, then I have no choice. Of course I’m disappointed, but I have to accept it.”

Klose will therefore begin the season with relegated Norwich in the depths of the second level of English football. He now wants to make the most of the situation. “I’ve had a good time at Norwich so far, and I’m trying to ensure that continues. Ideally by being promoted in the summer.”

“I’ve set myself some ambitious targets and intend to reach them.”

Timm Klose

For Klose aspires to play at the highest level – and sooner rather than later. “I’m not a 23-year-old any more who can say ‘I have a lot of time ahead of me’. I’ve set myself some ambitious targets and intend to reach them,” says the 28-year-old. While he appreciates the respect that Norwich have shown him, he is nevertheless no longer on other top clubs’ radars.

Petković also advises Klose to move

Nor are his chances of playing for the national side enhanced by playing away from the bigger stages. The Basler, who was not selected for Euro 2016 is aware of this. “I know what my current situation is. [Swiss national] Coach Vladimir Petković has also emphasised to me that I should change club if possible. I am prepared to fight to achieve my objectives, and then we’ll see what’s possible in the national team.

“That is a higher level than I am playing at.”

Timm Klose

Just as Klose accepts the fact he is staying at Norwich, he also accepts his current place in the national team. “Johan Djourou and Fabian Schär had a good Euros together, and Nico Elvedi has also been impressive at Mönchengladbach. That is a higher level than where I am now.”

Thanks Ron, someone has copied his comments onto twitter so this is what he said

Fan - How do you feel towards the club, there has been an article saying you''re unhappy?

Timm - Ha Ha - Dont worry this club means a lot to me and I feel at home in Norwich

Fan - Us fans love having you at our club

Timm- Yes and I can feel that, which is why I ll continue to give everything for this club

Fan - We respect you here and know you do your best, as soon as the story came out that you were unhappy us Norwich fans were disappointed and wanted to know why you were unhappy

Timm - You know the thing is when you play for your country which I love doing and the manger tells you, that you need to be playing at a higher level, it makes you think, but im not unhappy, I never said that to anyone

So he''s not unhappy but like all ambitious players wants to play in the Premier, hopefully with us

If we''re inconsistent and only mid-table come January........I think Timm Klose will be off (and possibly a few others)......So we are reliant on pushing for automatic promotion and at least hovering around the top six.......

Right, so Klose was happy to stay. The Swiss manager told him he''ll be overlooked if he carries on playing in the Championship, he loves playing for his country so was disappointed and told the media why he''s still playing here. No transfer request has been handed in and he''s answered a fan on snapchat telling us he''s ''100% not unhappy''

Seems perfectly reasonable to me to be honest. Olsson found himself in much the same position a couple of seasons ago but did a professional job anyway. This is probably the least concerning news to come out of NCFC in the past few days