Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Is Delia heading for the Chase treatment ?

I think if you haven''t got a "chip" on your shoulder about people in power then that would be questionable. With you there Ricky Spanish the Guardian is a fucking joke these days

We are lucky to have the club run in the way it was 11-13 no issue with you there at all, but 13-16? Really. The football Board scouring Europe, sacking Hughton too late and going with Adams, the pathetic scouting and recruitment etc. Superb squad??? What i would say its the deepest and strongest in terms of nos ever no question but the team Neil is playing is not the one i would be in a no of areas

We promise to really break through and then fall back which is so fustrating

[quote user="Dr Greenthumb"]we have a very amateur board room and they need to learn fast[/quote]You are saying Delia, MWJ and Foulger (20 years) and the Moxey, 26 years in football, are amateurs?Really?

Delia Smith would probably herself admit she is the ultimate amateur in terms of Football acumen. She has lots of qualities comittment, passion etc but judgement ain''t one of them.

This Moxey bloke seems a bit of a A Hole no?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Any Chase like hostility towards the present owners would be ridiculous.  Utterly ridiculous. The Chase scenario was so completely different.  We got to a stage under Chase where we were near top of the tree and couldn''t sustain it and set the club on an inevitable downward spiral.  What we are under the present owners is a successful and stable club, living within its means and with an improving squad. 

[/quote]

Agreed.

It''s so easy to spend other people''s money.

How can anyone be mad at the clubs ownership I just dont understand, its stable and spends the money.

What makes me mad is signing duff players like RVW and Steven Naismith who have not even disappointed and performed like 3 million £ players they have literally gone from £8m right to valueless.

Imagine spending £8 million and have it turned to dust like that?

Other teams are buying players for 8 million and selling them for 20-30 million....

Maybe it''s the scouting system but then also the manager agrees to these deals.

I know it''s not simple but its seems to me modern players are big strong and fast...very fast. RVW and S Naismith looked at times to have physical attributes which look like a non starter (slow and weak).

The difference between us and the Southampton and Leicester standard is recruitment we are clearly deficient in wheeling and dealing.

Hopefully yes , all the guff we were fed about actively seeking investment well if we were whats changed now ? maybe its all that Premiership money , well its gone somewhere , are we the first club with parachute payments that cannot afford a decent striker .

LDC :

Any Chase like hostility towards the present owners would be ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. The Chase scenario was so completely different. We got to a stage under Chase where we were near top of the tree and couldn''t sustain it and set the club on an inevitable downward spiral. What we are under the present owners is a successful and stable club, living within its means and with an improving squad.

Are you taking drugs again ? 🙄

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]LDC :

Any Chase like hostility towards the present owners would be ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. The Chase scenario was so completely different. We got to a stage under Chase where we were near top of the tree and couldn''t sustain it and set the club on an inevitable downward spiral. What we are under the present owners is a successful and stable club, living within its means and with an improving squad.

Are you taking drugs again ? 🙄[/quote]

Don''t need drugs or alcolhol. You only have to look at the table and the quality of the sqaud, the stability within the club and the successful ethos we have (four out of five years in the top league on limited resources). One win from second place this season.  All it needs is a good performance or two and we will be right up there.

The club owners and board are most fortunate in many aspects. One is that the local media don''t (and haven''t) as I recall, ever given them a really difficult time. Maybe it''s because they don''t actually warrant questioning or deserve adverse criticism?.......Or, for whatever reasons, the media are reluctant to question or confront the club owners and board - or be even remotely negative towards them........?

I don''t think they are there but the frustration does seem to be growing. One poster earlier summed up my feelings in that we always seem to make things harder for ourselves than we need to when we''re in a position to succeed.

My key areas of frustration are...

- The fact we didn''t learn from last years transfer fiasco and repeated the same mistakes almost exactly a year later

- The fact we''ve spent 4 of the last 5 years in the Premier League yet somehow seem unable to compete financially at Championship level

- The fact the owners have appointed their entirely unqualified nephew to the board as an apparent succession plan

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Dr Greenthumb"]we have a very amateur board room and they need to learn fast[/quote]You are saying Delia, MWJ and Foulger (20 years) and the Moxey, 26 years in football, are amateurs?Really?[/quote]And with 80 plus years experience between them, the learning fast boat sailed some time ago too.

i wonder when Delia will hand over the keys to Tom ?

Also i wonder if there will be a clause that he can not sell the club for a set number of years ?

We will in fact be worse off if any thing happens to Delia or Micheal as Tom hasn''t got their wealth to loan to club etc unless his inheritance is their money as well as club ?

[quote user="king canary"]I don''t think they are there but the frustration does seem to be growing. One poster earlier summed up my feelings in that we always seem to make things harder for ourselves than we need to when we''re in a position to succeed.

My key areas of frustration are...

- The fact we didn''t learn from last years transfer fiasco and repeated the same mistakes almost exactly a year later

- The fact we''ve spent 4 of the last 5 years in the Premier League yet somehow seem unable to compete financially at Championship level

- The fact the owners have appointed their entirely unqualified nephew to the board as an apparent succession plan[/quote]
Good post Kingo. You''ve highlighted what we lose by not having extra investment. It is possible to compete without it but it would take nigh on 100% success in the transfer market. And that doesn''t seem possible. Believe it or not we are not worse than other clubs because signing players is such a gamble. But the clubs with investment can afford to tear it up and start again. We can only spend it once.

Spot on Nige, and ultimately they will overtake us. Everyone is taking the piss out of the villa boss but we would love to be able to buy what he bought over the transfer period. Also LDC what if a british rich man came in say Branson for arguments sake what would you say then? keep Delia and her millions or branson and his billions ? I know which I would prefer.

Money talsk at the end of the day - always has always will.

Also one final point LDC what are your thoughts on nephew Tom and Ed the duck?

"Ed the Duck" Lol, my sons favourite growing up! That''s a monicker that''s going to stick in my mind now! 😂😂

But they all won''t Firedawg. Because many of them pull the plug when their money doesn''t buy them success. Villa is a good example. Randy Lerner was the foreign owner to die for according to so many on here. But then he pulled the plug and let them collapse. And of course there''s Marcus Evans....

People always champion the current success stories and conveniently forget the clubs they championed before.

What have you heard then Nige as I struggle to see the positives in that one?

True regarding owners pulling the plug but when delia took over we didn''t have a clue how long or how much of her/their cash they would put in so surely it''s always a risk.

It''s gonna get harder and harder to keep competing as their are a lot of rich people out there who want a club as a status symbol or their plaything and like it or not if we can''t compete I don''t think many fans will tolerate an ipshit type stint in the champs or worse over a long period of time. We will see though eh.

Speaking to the media following the announcement of his appointment, Tom said: "This is a fantastic Football Club with amazing supporters.
"I’ve been a fan for as long as I can remember so am deeply proud and honoured to be able to give something back. Delia, Michael and myself are very close and one thing that binds us together is our love for Norwich City.
"They are passionate about this Club and the area, and I completely share those ideals. We’ve spent many hours discussing our vision for the Club, which has to be to listen and serve the fans in order to add to the local community.
"Most of my experience is about helping people make decisions, often in tough circumstances with an awful lot at stake," he explained.
"For much of my career this was in military operations, but I have a diversity of experience in a variety of roles. The single strand that runs through all of that however is the ability to inform decision-making in challenging conditions.
"I hope the principles I’ve learned are going to now benefit Norwich City, and that I will be here for many years to come."
The bit I highlighted was what heartened me.

Twaddle without any substance Nutty. Cheap words and what listening have they actually done and took on board ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Twaddle without any substance Nutty. Cheap words and what listening have they actually done and took on board ?[/quote]
Like I have said. I like the current community values of this club and if you cant see the fruits of that then I would suggest your not looking very hard. Because of this I enjoy the current time that little bit more. However my support for Norwich isn''t reliant on these ownership values. I supported the club through many other models and hope to through many subsequent models. Maybe I won''t like it quite as much but I''ll let you others have a turn[;)]
Speaking of which I don''t think you''ve ever not bitterly complained about any ownership model since 1902....

Anyone who is advocating or feeling that level of hostility towards Delia and co should be ashamed of themselves. In as much as anything for not not being able to grasp the differences in the situations, the sense of entitlement in football at the momment is pathetic.

like others have said win 4 out of the next 5 games everyone will forget the transfer window all will be good on delias ship ,

lose say 2 or 3 out of 5 and i can see the crowd turning

not as bad as chase times but as bad as end of worthy

@Nutty

I fundamentally disagree with you that we''re not worse at signing players than others but I think we''ve gone through all that before!

I do agree though that the relative handicap means we need to be better than most though- if we spent £8-10m on a player then they have to work out as that is most of our transfer budget gone.