Sign in to follow this  
?

Straw Poll- Who would like Delia and MWJ to sell the club?

No, not for me. Too much risk involved. For all their faults, we know what we get with Delia and MWJ, and i for one can live with that quite happily. We are what we are, and i love the club regardless.Besides, even when new investment works out, i wouldn''t like it. The thought of Norwich turning into the next Man City - Spending billions on superstars, expecting success every year, attracting millions of new ''fans'' amongst the glory hunters worldwide, attracting global media attention, building a fancy new soulless stadium, etc - turns my blood cold. It wouldn''t be the Norwich i know and love.Give me the occasional 3-0 defeat at the likes of a mediocre Birmingham, any day. Without days like that, you just don''t appreciate the good times properly.

Well the straw poll is about 14 yea 4 nae at the moment, I can''t work out whether Mello is yea or nae but his posts have been a bit like that recently. So in effect 72% of us Pinkun posters want D&M to sell (with the caveat of, as long as its to a entity who has the best interests of the club at heart, can''t see anybody wanting the contra if investing a large wedge in the club though!) Would 72% of the crowd make there feelings known if we lost to Cardiff next Saturday? I doubt it somehow but its a start.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Well the straw poll is about 14 yea 4 nae at the moment, I can''t work out whether Mello is yea or nae but his posts have been a bit like that recently. So in effect 72% of us Pinkun posters want D&M to sell (with the caveat of, as long as its to a entity who has the best interests of the club at heart, can''t see anybody wanting the contra if investing a large wedge in the club though!) Would 72% of the crowd make there feelings known if we lost to Cardiff next Saturday? I doubt it somehow but its a start.[/quote]
The thing is, if you asked Smith and Jones they''d probably give the answer I gave. I really don''t think they''d be adverse to selling the club to a benefactor under those conditions. However most posters on this board would have sold to Cullum. Many to Marcus Evans. All to Randy Lerner. And there''s the rub.When it comes to deciding whether a benefactor is right for the club I trust Smith and Jones to know better than anyone.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]When it comes to deciding whether a benefactor is right for the club I trust Smith and Jones to know better than anyone.
[/quote]What do you base that on Nutty ? Their success rate on appointing people to the boardroom and some of our managers has been somewhat patchy so what makes you think they would find the right benefactor. Let me chuck you a few names.....Bob The Grocer,Neil Doomcaster, Micheal and Sharon Turner,Stephen Fry. On the manager front Bryan Gunn,Neil Adams, The Blarneymeister.I will leave you to get your teeth into those to start with.McNally i will give you but look how that ended and he appointed our most successful manager in their reign.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]When it comes to deciding whether a benefactor is right for the club I trust Smith and Jones to know better than anyone.
[/quote]What do you base that on Nutty ? Their success rate on appointing people to the boardroom and some of our managers has been somewhat patchy so what makes you think they would find the right benefactor. Let me chuck you a few names.....Bob The Grocer,Neil Doomcaster, Micheal and Sharon Turner,Stephen Fry. On the manager front Bryan Gunn,Neil Adams, The Blarneymeister.I will leave you to get your teeth into those to start with.McNally i will give you but look how that ended and he appointed our most successful manager in their reign.
[/quote]
None of that is relevant Tilly. You are finding Crafty''s blindspot of being unable to distinguish between the board and the owners. 

Yes Football is a business now so we need to have the cash to beat our opponents during Transfers and to get us established as a stable Premiership club. Some people say money is not everything but unfortunately its the most part of football now!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]When it comes to deciding whether a benefactor is right for the club I trust Smith and Jones to know better than anyone.
[/quote]
None of that is relevant Tilly. You are finding Crafty''s blindspot of being unable to distinguish between the board and the owners. 
[/quote]Of course it is relevant. They selected those failures as appointments to the board and they selected those managers so what makes you so sure they will not fail to find the right benefactor ? They thought they had appointed the right people and got it wrong more often than not.

Nutty, whilst you maybe right, I can''t help but think that our Delia (especially) and Michael like to be seen on TV as our figure heads. It might be a bit shallow but I do think she likes the exposure as it adds to her marketing exposure. Just glad she''s not allowed near the H/T microphone anymore! (But what a boost that gave her profile!)

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]When it comes to deciding whether a benefactor is right for the club I trust Smith and Jones to know better than anyone.
[/quote]
[/quote]Of course it is relevant. They selected those failures as appointments to the board and they selected those managers so what makes you so sure they will not fail to find the right benefactor ? They thought they had appointed the right people and got it wrong more often than not. [/quote]
It''s only relevant in your opinion. But to avoid a round of "yes it is" "no it isn''t" - If they don''t know better than anyone what potential benefactor would be best for the club who is it who knows better than them? Is it you? The Trust? Archant? Radio Norfolk? 

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Nutty, whilst you maybe right, I can''t help but think that our Delia (especially) and Michael like to be seen on TV as our figure heads. It might be a bit shallow but I do think she likes the exposure as it adds to her marketing exposure. Just glad she''s not allowed near the H/T microphone anymore! (But what a boost that gave her profile!)[/quote]
That''s your opinion. Mine is different. My experiences of what they''ve brought to this club do not tally with that opinion. But at the end of the day opinions is what this place is for. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Everything and everybody has a shelf life.......I think the club should be sold......It requires a fresh impetus and with the right person/people.......Who knows what success we can achieve.......and so.......:-)

[/quote]

Delia & MWJ should pass the baton onto a new person(s) but not Tom. Its time for a fresh oomph!

BTW what are the community values of this club? None from what I can see.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Keep Delia & Michael, they have the club at heart and pretty soon they will be the only British owners of a club ![/quote]

A club drifiting to mediocrity.

The club is the sum of its supporters, without them, no club! I think the wise two and their incumbent nephew need to take a good look at what''s happening within the game, and then take a good look at themselves. This club has always had traditions, built from the 59''ers, through the reigns of Saunders, Stringer, Walker and Europe, Lambert and more recently Alex Neil. Many clubs boast the same, United & Liverpool built through the realms of Busby and Shankly and supporter dominance with local owners. However, the move to a premiership league, champions league and more brought money into the game, a necessary requirement to compete at the highest level consistently. Without such investment, we join the realms of just being ''another club'' plodding along week after week, with a few highlights (hopefully) along the way! That is where we are at, and that is where we will stay unless the stowmarket two and nephew smell the coffee, and realise that the quest of many supporters is to be able to actually compete at that highest level. (or is it). It can be done, look at Leicester! I for one am totally fed up with the team I support now being labelled a yo yo club when its origins are built from great tradition. Delia and Michael will always be held in high esteem for steadying the ship and moving us on from darker days, but held in higher esteem if they were to move aside to let the club, and its supporters, move on. So for me, time to go!

Donkey Dangler asked

BTW what are the community values of this club? None from what I can see.

This club does some amazing work through its charity CSF, and with just a little research you will see just how many people across our community benefit from so many different initiatives and not all football related, that is something to behold be truly proud of.

Lessingham Canary,

Many clubs have these foundations but what values does NCFC have re. the mainstream fans?

The links between the NCFC and the various fans organisations were killed, e.g., look what hapened to FONCY.

i would sell to a someone Rich enough to compete say wealth of 750 mil / 1 billion

Not so rich we waste money and go crazy just someone who can spend enough so we stay EPL anything else would be a bonus

DD how do you define mainstream fans ? many groups are set up by fans for fans, and that is the same at most clubs, with our club you can see how positively the club integrates and supports the community, touching huge numbers of people in a way that is unique, and not many clubs do it as well imo. And those values come from the top.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Lessingham Canary,

Many clubs have these foundations but what values does NCFC have re. the mainstream fans?

The links between the NCFC and the various fans organisations were killed, e.g., look what hapened to FONCY.[/quote]Add to that the SCG and the Road Shows all over the county when McNally pitched up in 2009. Only now has Diane been able to get the NCFSC up and running with an army of volunteers.

Lessingham Canary,

Please look at how an organisation (FONCY.) that helped the Youth Scheme in a small way per year but in its way linked the fans with the club came to its end and then tell me what you think.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Lessingham Canary,

Please look at how an organisation (FONCY.) that helped the Youth Scheme in a small way per year but in its way linked the fans with the club came to its end and then tell me what you think.[/quote]£300k they raised over the years and had a big input on Open Days which now i think a little harder was another community based event that was chucked out of the pram.

Personally i was never close to FONCY or those involved, and can''t fault the efforts and/ or funds raised, i remember reasons being given surrounding the academy, but it appeared that politics between certain individuals got in the way, but i''m sure you or someone will correct me on the fuzzy bits, maybe Tilly ?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Personally i was never close to FONCY or those involved, and can''t fault the efforts and/ or funds raised, i remember reasons being given surrounding the academy, but it appeared that politics between certain individuals got in the way, but i''m sure you or someone will correct me on the fuzzy bits, maybe Tilly ?[/quote]The main men including John Landamore and Colin Tovell were never involved in club politics. Sidelined by McNally from the day he arrived as were all fans working alongside the club such as the SCG and dare i say it NCISA who once Chase left raised over £50k which the club benefited from.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Personally i was never close to FONCY or those involved, and can''t fault the efforts and/ or funds raised, i remember reasons being given surrounding the academy, but it appeared that politics between certain individuals got in the way, but i''m sure you or someone will correct me on the fuzzy bits, maybe Tilly ?[/quote]

FONCY was a brilliant and successful initiative set up from an idea of John Landamore. John and his hardworking committee raised funds for use in the youth development of the football club. I got to know them in their last years when Rays Funds was set up and you''ll remember that originally it was Rays Funds for FONCY. During the FONCY years I think 28 boys went on to play for our first team. Of course that was moaned about too because nothing is ever good enough. But I was proud of that and still enjoy a coffee in my "youth team to first team" mug even though it''s well faded now! I''m sure they won''t mind me sharing this picture because I remember how proud the FONCY guys were of young Korey: -
Is this a good thread to reflect why FONCY was needed in the first place.....

[quote user="Diane"]I guess with Delia & Michael both being 75 there might come a day when they may hand over the reigns to have a rest from board matters, so they can just enjoy the games

Haven''t met their nephew Tom and don''t know anything about him so can''t comment on him but would be open to a foreign rich owner if it was one like the Leic owner who''s a billionnaire but is strong on the community feel and who the fans seem to love.

In the past 12 months he''s donated £37,500 to five local Leicester charities.

Also reported in the local newspaper that he''s given a further £2m to kick start a £10m appeal to build a new Children''s Hospital in the City.

Didn''t he also subsidise away travel quite a few times last season to help their fans, then he bought all his players a new car when they got promoted.

But I appreciate a lot of foreign owners haven''t been good for clubs so you''d have to be very choosy.

Guess the ideal situation would be for some to take over who''s local, is a ncfc fan and is rich so lets hope one of us wins the lottery tonight lol[/quote]

A definite yes and we need to be active in broadcasting that we ARE open to offers, some great points made by Diane

Absolutely 100% yes. Their time has LONG since expired. They are clueless and only had a reprieve by getting lucky with Lambert to give us a solid financial footing and a few years in the Premier League. They''ve shown absolutely zero ambition to get there - we''ve had to suffer:

Worthington, who they clearly didn''t want to sack but things got nasty and had no choice.

Grant and Roeder, say no more.

BRYAN GUNN...FFS

Then they got lucky with Lambert and since then have shown no signs of effort, ambition or desire to establish us in the top flight, even though we''ve had opportunities to do so. And then to add to the list above we then got the delight of...

Neil Adams...FFS.

Because that showed ambition to get promotion didn''t it?

If ever you needed evidence that they don''t have a clue and want to do everything on the cheap, just look at the names above. They are too sentimental, and seem more than happy for the club just to exist rather than actually say "let''s go for it!" - and now it seems they have a new yes-man in Moxey, who is talking like Neil Doncaster did.

But to sum up - yes. They should put the club up for sale. Christ, they have had 20 years! They''ve had their fun. It''s time to let somebody else (who isn''t their newphew!) have a go.