Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Chamakh's back

So one of my mates is a Palace season ticket holder. His opinion on Chamakh-

"Good when not injured. Link up play is good but won''t score many.

To be effective he has to play a bit deeper.

As much as we loved him he''s made of glass- enjoy your 7-10 games a season of him."

Also from the same Palace fan...

"He has lost his confidence to shoot and will often try and pass and get really close rather than have a good. Could be a great support man in the Championship though- IF he stays fit."

Maybe as a back up but with a pay as you play type contract on top of a smaller basic,last thing we need an expensive wages outlay on a possible/certain sicknote

With our next striker signing now likely to be our third striker and with AN always starting one up front we really need a poacher type to be effective from the bench should we be chasing the game.

Zamora, LeFondre type, but neither of those.

This chap doesn''t score a lot. Throw in the injury record and it amounts to a strange interest.

I''d actually rather have Grantzilla back. Ten minutes of impact from the big man would likely be just as effective as ten minutes of Chamakh, plus the dressing room impact at this particular time would be massive.

I am admittedly a year too late and more with this thought though.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]With our next striker signing now likely to be our third striker and with AN always starting one up front we really need a poacher type to be effective from the bench should we be chasing the game.

Zamora, LeFondre type, but neither of those.

This chap doesn''t score a lot. Throw in the injury record and it amounts to a strange interest.

I''d actually rather have Grantzilla back. Ten minutes of impact from the big man would likely be just as effective as ten minutes of Chamakh, plus the dressing room impact at this particular time would be massive.

I am admittedly a year too late and more with this thought though.[/quote]

You do wonder who is going to be the big character/driving force this year.  When we had Holt, it was always him.  Snodgrass was the next driving force, but that didn''t really work out (imo).  Johnson was the one who drove us on last champs season.  We kind of lacked one last season, hence maybe our demise - obviously hoped Naismith would do it - maybe if Klose hadn''t been injured it might have been him.  Best bet this season is Klose, I guess, but you do need at least one of those type characters to do well and inspire the rest of the team.