Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Chamakh's back

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I think Chamakh would be a useful addition to the squad if he can keep fit - the fact that he''s been in the PL all his career, and still potentially attractive to sides like WBA, seems rather lost on some.[/quote]When you say sides like West Brom you really mean sides who have massively messed up the transfer window ? .[/quote]

You mean we weren''t the only club out of all 92 to have had a less than satisfactory transfer window this summer? And there was me thinking every other club in the country had got all the players they wanted in and their fans were happy.

Err......far be it for me to interrupt Ian''s pontificating, but you do realise that Chamakh hasn''t played as a target man for several years.

He has been playing for CP as a secondary striker or even as a midfielder. So it is perfectly apt to compare with Andreu, albeit that Andreu is more likely to score.

Anyway, if we did sign Chamakh he would be a useless addition because he is forever injured ( and way past his best...which isn''t saying much).

I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again

Beggars cannot be choses! We have 2 strikers AN will play, it''s a scandalous situation. But poor old norwich don''t have any money. Take what we can get.

Chamakh, 32, had spent the last three seasons at Selhurst Park but managed only seven goals in 59 Premier League appearances.Copy and pasted from Sky Sports. Played in less than half of the games in his time at Palace and scored once in every eight and a bit games and some of you guys think he could do a job for us. Really ?

I''m trying to remain philosophical about the prospect of Chamakh playing in yellow; my first thoughts were of a player who hardly set the Prem alight with Arsenal & Palace. However, Arsene Wenger must have seen something beneficial to select him.

Being quite good in the Prem, Chamakh could turn out to be highly effective with the extra operating space he''d get in Championship games.

I can just imagine the pi$$taking on here if he had pitched up at the Scum and they signed him up.Unbelievable that we appear to be sinking to their level of signings such as this '' freebie '' for which they have been quite rightly ridiculed over the years.

A pay-for-play deal sounds worthwhile.  Given his age/injury record, we''d be fools to offer him a normal contract unless he''s able to convince the medics he''s overcome his injury problems completely.  I''m trying to remember that striker we signed who was crocked pretty much his whole time with us.  Sibierski ?

People do need to get real though.  We are short of attackers and we can''t sniff at someone just because he''s not scored loads for Palace, plenty of strikers do better a division below.  Remember Earnshaw - never made it in the Prem, but a goal machine in the Champs.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Chamakh, 32, had spent the last three seasons at Selhurst Park but managed only seven goals in 59 Premier League appearances.Copy and pasted from Sky Sports. Played in less than half of the games in his time at Palace and scored once in every eight and a bit games and some of you guys think he could do a job for us. Really ?[/quote]

so who do you suggest we sign now instead then ?

We didnt land them because of lack of money which i would suggest is exactly the same as Ipswich . As Chris Sutton was asking Rob Butler on twitter the other night ..where''s the money gone ..

Surely the argument shouldn''t be about whether or not Chamakh is a great signing, it has to be about which is better - Chamakh (or similar) or nobody at all!Yes, the transfer window has been a bit of a balls up on the striker front (although I like the look of Oliveira tbh), but I''d still rather have a player like Chamakh available, than not have anyone at all and be forced to either play Naismith upfront alone again (shudder) or Morris who is way too raw at this stage IMHO.You only have to look at the unattached player list to see that it''s pretty slim pickings, and that arguably Chamakh is one of the better options (although I do wonder if we could get a final swansong from Berbatov), and certainly is better than the likes of Bendtner or Odemwingie!

[quote user="CanaryOne"]We didnt land them because of lack of money which i would suggest is exactly the same as Ipswich . As Chris Sutton was asking Rob Butler on twitter the other night ..where''s the money gone .. [/quote]Please don''t tell me Chris Sutton is suggesting the wallet is empty ? [:P][;)]

The club knew the position it was in on deadline day and despite four seasons in the top flight and parachute payments were to tight to sign a striker , if both Jerome and Oliviera get injured or turn out to be naff  then tough it was their decision .

How many goals did Jerome score for us in the Prem last season, and could he do a job in the Champ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="CanaryOne"]We didnt land them because of lack of money which i would suggest is exactly the same as Ipswich . As Chris Sutton was asking Rob Butler on twitter the other night ..where''s the money gone .. [/quote]Please don''t tell me Chris Sutton is suggesting the wallet is empty ? [:P][;)][/quote]

Sep 2

Not backed AN as they should! I''m confused at where money has gone! Team spirit will hopefully get promotion 

Sep 2

Moxey interview doesn''t bode well for AN! Where has all the money gone or am I missing something?..

Someone has mentioned Sibierski but i will trump him with Hartson. Anymore unfit,over the hill yesterdays men out there we could give a go ?

The club knew the position they were in on transfer deadline day. We are told that deals didnt work out, which is always the risk of leaving everything to the last day. We are told that during the summer we made a substantial bid for McCormack, which also didnt work out, although sounds like we dodged a financial bullet so there must be money available despite some posters claiming otherwise. I doubt very much that we would ever announce how much money we have just to keep some posters happy, as announcing our accounts leaves us open to ruin in the January window. Things didnt work out in the transfer window (once again) and this is the wider issue which needs resolving. We needed another striker, didnt secure the services of one, many people then said "hey, lets look at the free agent list" which we have done, and the same people are saying "oooh, dont sign him"..... There''s no pleasing some!

So plenty of examples to make us aware you need to be really careful signing someone towards the end of their career.  The very thought of Bendtner signing for City makes me shudder.

But we also need to remember Dion Dublin, who became a City legend despite joining us as a free agent in the twilight of his career.

And to second the point, given a choice between Chamakh and no-one until January, if the club decide to go for Chamakh, I''m not going to knock that decision.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="CanaryOne"]We didnt land them because of lack of money which i would suggest is exactly the same as Ipswich . As Chris Sutton was asking Rob Butler on twitter the other night ..where''s the money gone .. [/quote]Please don''t tell me Chris Sutton is suggesting the wallet is empty ? [:P][;)][/quote]

Sep 2

Not backed AN as they should! I''m confused at where money has gone! Team spirit will hopefully get promotion 

Sep 2

Moxey interview doesn''t bode well for AN! Where has all the money gone or am I missing something?..

[/quote]Those tweets are just Sutton confirming that he doesn''t know anything and he''s verifying his lack of knowledge by asking Rob Butler who also doesn''t know anything.

I''m guessing the money has gone towards retaining players on Prem wages?

It won''t be long before we see how much was in the wallet at the end of last season. If it wasn''t virtually empty then questions should be asked. Last time we had the unpaid bonuses for staying up. Maybe we didn''t even have these this time?

People on here who keep saying money was available because we bid for Mccormack. I assume we purchased Pritchard, Canos and oliveira for free?

Plus moxey said we may have been after a squad player on deadline day. Not a big marquee signing. Had we shifted 3.

Not defending the club at all. If we were short on cash we should have been raiding the lower league''s and loan market to go with what we purchased. Transfer strategy non existent once again.

Appears we were going to blow our whole budget on Mccormack, scary stuff.

The way i see this is surely chamakh is better than no one?

And lastly if people think a player of his status shall we say will accept a pay/play deal at a club of our stature. Get real.

We didn''t get our main targets in the window, but we still clearly need another striker.

With who is available on a free, I''d say Chamakh is one of the better ones. We''d surely all rather have him than no one?

Interestingly enough, it looks like another free option Lord Bendtner is set to sign for Forest. I''m of the opinion that he is a better player than Chamakh and with some years on his side. However, Chamakh doesn''t have the numerous repeated incidents of ''Being a dick'' that Bendtner has.

Chamakh has always been a hard worker who''s played for the team rather than himself.Bendtner thinks the sun revolves around his over-inflated head despite never showing anything of note, outside of with Brum in the Championship...

would prefer chamakh to Bendtner. while we''re talking about over the hill players, I preferred hartson and cort to sibierski. cortex looked promising before yet another injury stopped that and hartson I remember having an alright game vs scum despite being about 20 stone. sibierski however is partly responsible for one of the dullest games of footy I ever saw, 0-0 away at Barnsley. absolute Carthorse!