Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Chamakh's back

Taken off after a tackle in the WBA game. If you listen carefully you can hear the sounds of a barrel being scraped. Or maybe it''s Chamakh flexing his knee cartilage. Either way, no thanks.

quote user=Glenn Medeiros. The signing of him should be the final nail in the coffin of the smith/Jones era.

Alas, Smith and Jones.

went off injured witth a cut on his leg in the WBA game, hardly indicative of a serious injury, nothing like slagging off a player before he arrives, mind it is standard round here unless they cost £10 mil+ and are overpriced

[quote user="canarywales"]went off injured witth a cut on his leg in the WBA game, hardly indicative of a serious injury, nothing like slagging off a player before he arrives, mind it is standard round here unless they cost £10 mil+ and are overpriced[/quote]Cracking on towards 33,injury prone in recent seasons and unfit due to lack of games played because of these injuries. Yeah certainly just what we need.

Perhaps a change in scenery, and different training regime may do him some good.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="canarywales"]went off injured witth a cut on his leg in the WBA game, hardly indicative of a serious injury, nothing like slagging off a player before he arrives, mind it is standard round here unless they cost £10 mil+ and are overpriced[/quote]Cracking on towards 33,injury prone in recent seasons and unfit due to lack of games played because of these injuries. Yeah certainly just what we need.[/quote]

Still rather have him then pay 3m+ for Daryl murphy...

In his interview last week Moxey did say he was coming back.

“He’s not been training with the club, he’s been in and we’ve talked to him,” Moxey said of Chamakh.

“We’re

going to talk to him again next week, we’re going to see what sort of

physical condition he’s in, he’s not played much recently.

“We’re

looking at his injury status very carefully, we’ll see but it’s not

something that we’re jumping up and down about, it’s just another

situation that’s worthy of investigation.”

So no surprise at all.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]We would only be looking for one season from him, and if he chips in with a dozen goals that help us finish top 6 then no brainer ?[/quote]Agreed. But unless he put in a spectacular display when he comes on in a match, he is likely to be there mainly as back up and as such would be quite a useful squad member for this season.  Jerome and Oliveira will be the main guys, hopefully 15 - 20 each, but Chamaqh could well be a useful reserve and chip in.  Proven at the highest level with Arsenal, started ok at Palace, then injuries have hampered him. If fit and ready, 33 or not, would be a quality addition.

This thread reminds me of the reaction when we signed Dion Dublin. He turned out to be an excellent signing. If we do sign Chamakh it might be prudent to give him a chance to show what he can do.

Jerome and Oliveira will be the main guys, hopefully 15 - 20

Jerome maybe but Olivera has only scored 30 goals in his whole career i doubt he will score 15 + in one season

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Jerome and Oliveira will be the main guys, hopefully 15 - 20

Jerome maybe but Olivera has only scored 30 goals in his whole career i doubt he will score 15 + in one season[/quote]

Magic in his boots

the only player out of jerome, chamakh, oliviera and lafferty that is even remotely capable of getting close to 20 goals this season is jerome

and im dubious if hes going to be motivated given the speculation over signings during the summer

delia out

[quote user="iron_stan"]the only player out of jerome, chamakh, oliviera and lafferty that is even remotely capable of getting close to 20 goals this season is jerome

and im dubious if hes going to be motivated given the speculation over signings during the summer

delia out[/quote]

The last time we got promoted Jerome was the only player to score 20 goals.

Err... far be it for me to interrupt your Pinkun/Canary Call-esque moaning session, but you do realise that Chamakh is a target man, and well, Andreu is not? Why compare apples to oranges just to slate the club?

You do also realise that we''re really lacking a target-man who can bring others into play, right?

Anyway, if we did sign Chamakh I still think he could be a useful addition if (and it''s a big if) we can keep him fit.

I think Chamakh would be a useful addition to the squad if he can keep fit - the fact that he''s been in the PL all his career, and still potentially attractive to sides like WBA, seems rather lost on some.

[quote user="Ian"]Err... far be it for me to interrupt your Pinkun/Canary Call-esque moaning session, but you do realise that Chamakh is a target man, and well, Andreu is not? Why compare apples to oranges just to slate the club?

You do also realise that we''re really lacking a target-man who can bring others into play, right?

Anyway, if we did sign Chamakh I still think he could be a useful addition if (and it''s a big if) we can keep him fit.[/quote]Chamakh wont be useful stop kidding yourself , i very much doubt he would ever get on the pitch . How far has the club fallen , parachute payments and yet scrabbling around for trash like this . If we need a target man we have Lafferty who can do that job at least hes not 33 and washed up .Carry on supporting Delia and her Board of buffoons though , while you still can .

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I think Chamakh would be a useful addition to the squad if he can keep fit - the fact that he''s been in the PL all his career, and still potentially attractive to sides like WBA, seems rather lost on some.[/quote]When you say sides like West Brom you really mean sides who have massively messed up the transfer window ? .

Chamakh''s back and Lafferty is all front, more front than Yarmouth.

Yes Chamakh is a gamble, especially on his fitness, but Lafferty is not a solution, yes took his goal well against coventry the other week, where defenders gave him 10yards of space, he will never get that sort of room in this league, let him go. Nelson may make difference and if him and Chamack can support Jerome with another 15-29 goals between them we will be there a bouts come next May.

[quote user="ron obvious"]And Jerome''s fit. Allegedly.[/quote]

Where did you hear that from Ron, hope you''re right about Jerome.