Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

U23's v Valencia U23's tonight.

The u23 side seems set to have a number of extra games this season, IMO it will often be used much more like a proper reserve team to bring players back from injury and keep some others at least reasonably match-sharp. Seems fair enough to me.

Great to see Turner getting a run out 😯..... What is the point in that.

All part of the dead wood earning a decent whack that needs shipping out come January. Along with Whittaker, Bassong, Mulumbu, Andreu, Lafferty & Naismith.

1-0 Morris

Goal for City! ⚽️

Alex Pritchard''s pinpoint through ball ends up with Carlton Morris, who chips the keeper. Norwich 1-0 Valencia.

Glad we are winning BUT

having Bassong Turner in the team is what is wrong with the British game

Instead of our young CB learning the game playing good teams we have Turner who is going to be at league 1 level

yes we might win but this is Not doing the future players any good at all

Bassong and Turner were our dream team pairing in the premier league under Chris Hughton.

It would be great if Michee turned out as good as either. I really rate him and hope he makes it.

I''m sure we play over age players so that pink un posters have an interest in the game.....

I''ve got jo problem with blending the young lads with senior pros in need of a few mins. they can''t just play with other kids all their lives. with us leaving ourselves short up top I''d love to see morris given a chance even just off the bench. serves us better than lumping naismith or lafferty in to lead the line imo anyway.

The misery is rife on here tonight hahaha

Good to see Pritchard back on track. POTS candidate if he stays fit and plays to his potential.

I thought jones was outstanding last night, looks a really solid keeper who could push McGovern and ruddy.

Can anyone tell me who our number 16 was in second half? Looked a real prospect, big, athletic and drove forward with the ball well.

Was it Grant by any chance?

I believe he''s Peter Grants son!

Great goal with that delicate chip over the keeper. Good also to see that at least 4 of our current 7 injured are fit again. Pritchard could be a huge plyer for us this season.

Remember being worried about keeper injuries last year as I always thought Kean was absolutely hopeless, like a big, clumsy, greasy palmed Theoklitos. Good to see Jones playing well so that''s one less problem.

Morris looking good yet again. If Lafferty isn''t going to play then I don''t understand why Morris sometimes gets left on the bench

Agreed that Jones looks far better than Kean, and more importantly looks really up for it!

Jones was brilliant in goal and should have had MOTM. Athletic saves and good distribution. Pritchard was very lively and positive. Morris strong but faded in the 2nd half. Turner did well, Bassong generally good but looked a little unfit and had one dithering moment that may have been punished on another day. Canos ok, Dorrans ok. Overall did well 1st half, but got battered 2nd half and lucky to keep the clean sheet.