Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Our Derby with Ipswich is one of the least favourite in the country

Not even going to look but it''ll all be derbies that sky and other media hype up. A lot of people not from here wouldn''t get it, seeing as the clubs are based pretty far apart. And the fact it hasn''t taken place in the top division since the mid 90s probably hasn''t helped either.

Its probably one of the least favourite, as the binmen know they cant beat us!

[quote user="Glenn Medeiros "]It would be a lot more fierce if sky didn''t make us play it on a Sunday at noon![/quote]

Think you''ll find that''s down to the Police Glenn, but I get your drift.

Our derby is different,  in that most derby''s the problem with the is the people go back to their offices and have to take stick. Because our derby is so far apart this does not happen as much. What makes ours special is not knowing personally most of the opposition, it''s easier to show contempt.  

I always find our derby an extremely tense and nerve-wracking affair.  The tension only eases a bit when we''re a couple of goals up and I don''t start to relax (slightly) until we have a 4-goal margin.

So I''m not sure I''d say "favourite" is how I''d describe it - obviously it''s the most important, eg I''m not bothered in the least by who wins when Man U play Man C but often it can be entertaining to watch on TV.

Anyway, 16th for a derby that hasn''t happened in the top tier for 20 years is not bad IMO.

In the 90s we often used to have derby games on evenings, such as Friday nights. There was never any major trouble, so why do we have to have these midday Sunday games? When was the last evening derby game?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"] When was the last evening derby game?[/quote]April 2011 when we scrapped home 1-5.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="alex_ncfc"] When was the last evening derby game?[/quote]
April 2011 when we scrapped home 1-5.
[/quote]

Is it really five years ago ?

That photo of Holty laughing with the scoreboard in the background is my favourite photo of all time.

If you want the Old Farm to be the most favourite derby all you need to do is make Hungarian fans involved. No kidding. While league games in Hungary are usually being played in front of crowds of 2-4,000, Hungary fans turn up in numbers at internet polls of any Hungarian interest, Thus became Puskás the greatest footballer of all times, Gera''s goal vs. Portugal and Király''s save vs. Belgium the best of the Euros. All City need to do is to sign a Hungarian, and consider all online voting won. Cheers!