Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Dimitar Berbatov

But all that article shows is exactly what most of us realised to begin with - RvW isn''t a target man, neither is Hooper, yet Hughton stubbornly tried to use both as such whilst hindering their natural games.It''s not rocket science to point out that in a 4-5-1 setup the way Hughton had it, we needed a Holt, a Carroll or even a Crouch, and that an RvW or similar just wasn''t going to work right, and lo and behold that''s exactly what happened.Imagine if we''d set up like this instead:[url]http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=cy8gy7[/url]Width would have been provided by Olsson and Martin pushing up, along with both Wes and Snoddy who could drift sideways as required, with Fer and Howson then providing additional support where needed, with Tettey focusing on breaking up play.Instead of pointless crosses into the box or asking RvW to be a target man, we''d instead have worked the centre more, looked for Fer and Howson to push up and support, and get plenty of through balls and close play for RvW to work with. I agree with others that Snoddy works better more centrally and this would have facilitated that as well.Should things not be working in a game and we need more width, we always then had the option of bring Redmond on, switching Snoddy to a similar wing role and sacrificing one of Fer or Howson in the process.My main argument about RvW has always been that he was constantly misplayed in a role that would never suit, in a defensive system that was the anti-thesis to his style of play, given little to no supply, and then unfairly slated for failing to perform. If we''d played to his strengths and he''d still flopped then I''d have dropped the whole subject years ago, but we never have and I don''t get how we can criticise a guy for failing here, when everything we did as a club was almost set against him on the pitch!

Also Hate to say Indy

it but i posted on this website /Forum before we signed him a premier league scout told me his team who the paper / media said was interested in signing RVW

Were they were NOT interested due to him not being suited to the EPL

its on the forum somewhere wish i could find it !

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Awful body language, massive ego, thinks he is bigger than the club, spends too long gesticulating while sitting on the floor.[/quote]Wrong thread Katie, the Snodgrass one is further down the front page now. [:P]