Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Dimitar Berbatov

[quote user="Cobain18"]Free agent - although lazy and probably not for us - can''t believe at 35 with his skill he''s a free agent![/quote]His talent is legend....but so is his work rate, or lack of.....

[quote user="Cobain18"]Free agent - although lazy and probably not for us - can''t believe at 35 with his skill he''s a free agent![/quote]

I can , like you said he is lazy and getting on in years , and most certainly wont be up for the fight in the chumps.

With respect Berbatov is the very opposite of a "journeyman."

A term which has nothing to do with travelling about or having lots of clubs.

It is a term dating back to medieval times and now basically means, "A worker who is reliable but not outstanding." It''s to do with completing an apprenticeship and dates back to the Middle Ages trade guilds.

I actually suggested him with some enthusiasm this time last year when he was available, but got little support.

Well we did get relegated and a few of his moments of brilliance might have made all the difference at crucial times.

I''ll therefore fancy him again in the Chumps, although team spirit rather than genius are likely to win more points this season.

NO NO NOprobably the laziest footballer I have seenyes he has bags of skill, would he work for most teams? NO and def not for us

such a talent to be accommodated and a proven goalscorer; but sadly simply too old.

[quote user="ZLF"]such a talent to be accommodated and a proven goalscorer; but sadly simply too old.[/quote]My thoughts and concerns as well ZLF, yet I wonder if there''s just enough left in the tank for one final swansong season?Let''s face it, we''re certainly a hell of a lot better than PAOK were, but would his potential wage demands still be way too high considering his age and possible fitness concerns?Also interesting to note that Berbatov is only slightly older than Zlatan, and I don''t see ANYONE saying that Man Utd have made an error there!

Berbatov is simply class. He appears lazy yes, but in reality he as never had to work that hard and still achieved great results! If I could pick a player to base my game upon, it would be Berbatov. Just class.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]In the UK sometimes we''re obsessed about work-rate to the detriment of coaching skill - ultimately there''s balance; Berbatov is/was a top performer that''s for sure.[/quote]In the championship you can''t afford passengers and when he doesn''t have the ball he is pretty much a passenger imo.  A player like him would need players around him to do the extra work that he is not and that is a hard ask when players are probably playing flat out anyway.  Would love to see the occasional sublime piece of skill, but the cost of that may be too great in terms of the team.

[quote user="ZLF"]such a talent to be accommodated and a proven goalscorer; but sadly simply too old.[/quote]We all said the same about Dion...

240 goals during his career, averaging at 1 every 2 games (177 minutes) and 99 assists. Plus 48 goals for Bulgaria. Not bad for a lazy player!

Intelligent, elegant, technically gifted and composed with a languid style of play. I''ve always found Berbatov a joy to watch.

Whether he''d cope with (or fancy) life in the hustle and bustle of the championship at this stage of his career is another matter.

I''d still be excited if he joined us.

With our swathe of attacking midfielders and a reluctance to play with width, do we really need a target man, or someone who can make an intelligent run and finish like a dream? Just a thought!

Makes me laugh how people love players like Jerome who work hard runs the channels works the defence but misses easy chances

You get players like Berbatov and Matt Le Tissier who are Lazy strikers but with 200 + goals each proves all you need to know

first job we need a striker to do is put the ball in the net

oliveria has 30 goals in his career Berbatov 200 + you get a chance who would you put your money on to score ?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Oliveria has 30 goals in his career Berbatov 200 + you get a chance who would you put your money on to score ?[/quote]RvW [;)]

He is no Ibrahimovic, that is for sure - it''s all very well of dreaming of the Berbatov of yesteryear but has he done anything of note recently to suggest we''d be signing anything other than just a former big name?

[quote user="Alex "]it''s all very well of dreaming of the Berbatov of yesteryear but has he done anything of note recently to suggest we''d be signing anything other than just a former big name?[/quote]That''s a tough one to answer Alex.Clearly last season for him was disappointing, but considering that there''s only really 2 decent teams in Greece - Olympiakos and Panathinaikos (and even that''s somewhat arguable with Olympiakos winning all but one title out of the past decade), then helping PAOK finish 4th wasn''t bad even if his goal returns were far less than previous.He certainly didn''t look out of place at Monaco the year before either, with 7 in 26 in the league despite averaging just 67 mins per game, and indeed Monaco released a statement when they released him thanking him for "his character, his professionalism and his great talent", and going on to say that "He is clearly among the greatest strikers who have played for Monaco.

We are proud of what he brought to the club and wish him the best in the

future".The big question is simply how much does he have left in the tank, and if this is ok (much like Dublin etc), then how much would he cost us in wages. Surely if both of these are acceptable, then it''s a total no-brainer???

As a Bulgarian must say that watch him most of last year games as our TV have full cover of PAOK games because Berbatov.

He is no way target man anymore and try to play more play maker role and to give long passes and to hold the ball in area that ball need to move more quick.

He is off too much of the gane and become frustrated so easy if other players not understand him.

Is a primadona these days and I dont think Norwich need something like this.

I not see him good for our team and not see him AN type of player.

Berba spend most of summer on the Black Sea with his family and will need much time to be match fit.

According our media Cardiff have big interest of him also Palermo FC

norfolkngood wrote:

''''Oliveria has 30 goals in his career Berbatov 200 + you get a chance who would you put your money on to score ?''''

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Indy_Bones wrote:

RvW ;)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I''m not okay with you joking about that..

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]norfolkngood wrote:

''''Oliveria has 30 goals in his career Berbatov 200 + you get a chance who would you put your money on to score ?''''

Indy_Bones wrote:

RvW ;)

I''m not okay with you joking about that..[/quote]I''m not ok with the fact that as a club we''ve completely mis-used a very promising striker, pretty much de-railed his career for no good reason, and all without ever giving him a fair chance to show what he could do in a system that plays to his strengths rather than asking him to be a target man, and that isn''t the turgid, defensive $hite that Hughton forced him (and the rest of the team) to play week-in, week-out, but there you go.In fact, I reckon it might be worth a sneaky bid in Jan to bring him home from Vitesse, and hopefully the PR lads can re-use the old Marketing stuff with maybe a bit of photoshop for the newer kits etc.PS, the 2nd paragraph is another tongue in cheek suggestion, but please feel free to either take offence or whatever [:p]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]norfolkngood wrote: ''''Oliveria has 30 goals in his career Berbatov 200 + you get a chance who would you put your money on to score ?'''' ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Indy_Bones wrote: RvW ;) ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ I''m not okay with you joking about that..[/quote]I''m not ok with the fact that as a club we''ve completely mis-used a very promising striker, pretty much de-railed his career for no good reason, and all without ever giving him a fair chance to show what he could do in a system that plays to his strengths rather than asking him to be a target man, and that isn''t the turgid, defensive $hite that Hughton forced him (and the rest of the team) to play week-in, week-out, but there you go.

In fact, I reckon it might be worth a sneaky bid in Jan to bring him home from Vitesse, and hopefully the PR lads can re-use the old Marketing stuff with maybe a bit of photoshop for the newer kits etc.

PS, the 2nd paragraph is another tongue in cheek suggestion, but please feel free to either take offence or whatever [:p]
[/quote]

I see your point Indy but personally I think the Bleacher report called it right when they predicted RVW would be a flop for us after he scored on his debut for us against Everton, in an article that was insightful and brave (to make such a prediction when he''d just scored).  I don''t think RVW was capable of providing what we needed as a team at that time, even if Hughton had tried to structure our play around his strengths.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1744071-why-ricky-van-wolfswinkel-will-be-a-premier-league-flop-with-norwich