Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

So

We acted very quickly to get Pritchard once we knew McCormack was going elsewhere. Quick enough for him to make a u-turn whilst on his way to Brighton.

we had fee agreed with Fulham but no money so could not go through

if we didnt buy pritchard ( nearly same money ) we could have afforded strikers

also over targets which have not come out yet

scouts had them all lined up

My guess on Pritchard is that an instant decision was needed & it was decided he was worth the money and we''d probably sell another player to realise cash for another striker.  Which then, a bit surprisingly, didn''t happen.  Plus you factor in that AN clearly has an instinctive leaning towards bringing in midfielders.

I''m just doubtful about McCormack and whether our pursuit was worthwhile, I think we should have targeted elsewhere.  But it''s easy to second guess these sort of decisions.  If Pritchard starts creating lots of chances and our strike force does enough over the season, it could all look very different come next May.

[quote user="Glenn Medeiros "]I have never been so ashamed of our club as I am after this press conference.[/quote]Norwich City have taken me through a whole range of emotions during my life, but the one I have never felt was ''ashamed''. Get a grip man....

I wonder now that Moxley''s here that he''s said to AN

"Well my old son you''ve spend £20-£30 million on players and not brought the striker that we desperately needed so now you want another £10 - £15 million for that striker, sorry pal but you going to have to sell those players you don''t want here before you can buy anyone else"

Maybe just maybe he''s looked at AN''s transfers and decided he doesn''t trust him with anymore money?

He''s not his man and has hardly backed him publicly perhaps he just doesn''t rate him, who knows?

Or maybe we have spent out?

Or is it easier to say I''m just a plain old stupid supporter that just doesn''t understand the in and outs of the world of football, so its probably best just to treat me like a mushroom.

And so the plot thickens.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Glenn Medeiros "]I have never been so ashamed of our club as I am after this press conference.[/quote]Norwich City have taken me through a whole range of emotions during my life, but the one I have never felt was ''ashamed''. Get a grip man....[/quote]

I am sorry Mick

[quote user="Diane"]

Also I remember Steve Stone saying at the forum we get the parachute payments in instalments plus of course we have several players who are worth a few million should we wish to make changes in January[/quote]What Steve Stone actually said at your forum my little angel was that we had received a £20 million part payment in July and the other money due would be paid in instalments throughout the season so that leads to the question where has that gone ?

ploughed back into the playing squad

TIL you know the Drill !,

I Must admit i find it hard to believe the Bank is empty

what i do believe is they were not prepared to back AN anymore until he trimmed the squad / shipped out players he does not use

i was told no money available but like i said i did not ask why that was

[quote user="morty"]How much did we actually pay for Pritchard?[/quote]Having sold Redmond for circa. £11 million we purchased Canos for £2.5 million and Pritchard for £8 million leaving roughly £.5 million to go towards the purchase of Oliviera who although was an undisclosed fee it was widely rumoured to be between £3-5 million. Having off loaded RVW for a pittance plus of course his wages together with getting shot of Vadis for another paltry amount it must mean our net spend this summer has been very low.Having listened to Jez Moxey say that we did not bid for anybody on deadline day as we were looking to move out two or three players which did not happen and now this comment from Alex today maybe things were not quite as rosy as some tried to imply during this summer window.

Nobody knows exactly but i imagine NCFC pretty much broke even, give or take a million or two in either direction. Just thinking on the McCormack saga, presumably if Villa hadnt come, we would have had to find in the region of 12-14 mill for him plus his wages. Instead we got Pritchard and Oliveira, combines transfer fee of about 13 million plus 2 wages, seems to me those 2 signings pretty much equate with the amount we would have spent for McCormack. After that is was clearly said end of window that only way we couldave got another striker in was first to get rid of 1 or 2 existing players.So that seems the likely scenario for January also, only way to get another striker in will be 1 or 2 outgoings first, and if we want a expensive striker, someone like Naismith, Klose or Brady will have to go.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Nobody knows exactly but i imagine NCFC pretty much broke even, give or take a million or two in either direction. Just thinking on the McCormack saga, presumably if Villa hadnt come, we would have had to find in the region of 12-14 mill for him plus his wages. Instead we got Pritchard and Oliveira, combines transfer fee of about 13 million plus 2 wages, seems to me those 2 signings pretty much equate with the amount we would have spent for McCormack. After that is was clearly said end of window that only way we couldave got another striker in was first to get rid of 1 or 2 existing players.So that seems the likely scenario for January also, only way to get another striker in will be 1 or 2 outgoings first, and if we want a expensive striker, someone like Naismith, Klose or Brady will have to go.[/quote]That scenario begs two questions 1) What was our summer transfer budget ? 2) Where is the £20 million parachute payment received in July ?

I''m going to sound well old here but I blame FIFA and championship manager

Some people literally think that is football

Come at me

No, a lot of these posters such as Tilson I can''t really imagine being huddled around their TV playing FIFA, however it''s just massively simplistic and broad stuff. Football club finances are a lot more complex than X - y = z

I posted something similar to this on '' The wallet is empty '' thread but it probably belongs just as much on here :This is all so depressing.Four out of the last five years in the

Premier League and here we are arguing whether we''re skint or not.

What''s happened to all the money ? We get the same old '' leaving no

stone unturned '' spiel from the club about bringing players in then when

the window closes we''re left disappointed. Yes the guy from Nottingham

Forest may turn out to be a good ''un but I''m a little tired of the Board''s

obsession in always wanting to balance the books but in doing so throttling ambition.Of

course I want us to do well and we must be in with a

good shout of a top six finish but after yet another underwhelming transfer window I can''t honestly say I''ve got quite

the same enthusiasm I once had. Is it that unreasonable to want a bit more from the club I support ?

[quote user="Glenn Medeiros "][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Glenn Medeiros "]I have never been so ashamed of our club as I am after this press conference.[/quote]Norwich City have taken me through a whole range of emotions during my life, but the one I have never felt was ''ashamed''. Get a grip man....[/quote]

I am sorry Mick[/quote]S''ok Gaz.

It''s the same every time there is a promotion or increase in funding. It''s is rarely the club and never the fans that "benefit" from increased funding. Only footballing Staff and their agents truly benefit with vastly inflated wages and quickly erode any increase funding. Those same players that too often don''t deliver come matchday.

Without the £60m sales Newcastle would not have spent so large, our transfer income was a sixth of that.

We have budgeted to a knife edge, which is what I thought most fans wanted.

Agreed ZLF, Newcastle''s activity is largely based on the fact they lost their top assets, albeit for massive amounts of money, that they''ve been able to reinvest. On top of that they already have a cash rich owner. In our position, would we rather have kept our existing squad with quality we know, or reinvest it in unknown quantities? I guess we''ll find out if our approach or Newcastle/Villa''s will be best come the end of the season.

To your last point, it''s true, relegation costs A LOT. We will miss out on A LOT of cash by dropping down a tier. Last time around we had to make a lot of staff redundancies around the club to make ends meet - I haven''t heard that this time around which suggests we''re better financially than our last drop, but to progress, once again, it depends so much on us going back up again this year.

Such a shame there''s such a huge gulf between the leagues that is only going to ever-widen.