Sign in to follow this  
allways travelling

Luton Debacle Not Worthys Fault

There you go! I actually put up a post that said someone would come out and say something similar to this thread

Wake up and smell the coffee!!

WE LOST 4-2!!! 

We only have 16 points from 14 games.

We have played more home games than away games and still have a pitiful return of points.

This is not indicative of a return to the Premiership!!

[quote]Why is everyone putting the blame on worthy.He can and does send the team out fully focused.But as he says why we wasnt 2-0 up after the first 15 mins is hard to take.strikers have to take full respo...[/quote]

And your point is?

[quote]Always Travellin - If, as you suggest, the manager''s not to blame, do we get rid of the players then? That''ll be a first - it''s traditional for Clubs to get shot of their manager, not the team, when t...[/quote]

How can it be the managers fault totally.Do you think our season to date has been ravaged with injuries i think so.Suppose thats worthys fault is it.Eleven win from 52 so your taking prem into the reckoning why dont you go back a further year and include the year we one the championship will this not make it look a lot healthier.But as your so intent in knocking worthy you look for all the bad statistics.I will say once again this season has not started due to injury crisis and no luck whatsoever.when we get a settled side and some overdue luck then come on here and start moaning at worthys rise up the table which is going to happen.With a full team out we would beat anyone in this leauge.So once again get of his back this is not doing the club any good. 

[quote]Always Travellin - If, as you suggest, the manager''s not to blame, do we get rid of the players then? That''ll be a first - it''s traditional for Clubs to get shot of their manager, not the team, when t...[/quote]

How can it be the managers fault totally.Do you think our season to date has been ravaged with injuries i think so.Suppose thats worthys fault is it.Eleven win from 52 so your taking prem into the reckoning why dont you go back a further year and include the year we one the championship will this not make it look a lot healthier.But as your so intent in knocking worthy you look for all the bad statistics.I will say once again this season has not started due to injury crisis and no luck whatsoever.when we get a settled side and some overdue luck then come on here and start moaning at worthys rise up the table which is going to happen.With a full team out we would beat anyone in this leauge.So once again get of his back this is not doing the club any good. 

[quote]And your point is?[/quote]

How can you judge worthy and the team when we have not had a settled side due to injuries get of his back.Come back at xmas when we will be in the top four injuries prevailing.

[quote]How can it be the managers fault totally.Do you think our season to date has been ravaged with injuries i think so.Suppose thats worthys fault is it.Eleven win from 52 so your taking prem into the rec...[/quote]

Football is all about current form - and surely you cannot go back 2 years for ''current'' form?

If you want to compare stats the usual basis is full career at a club, which is not that great either - but great in the context of from where we came. 

Consistent underperformance can only mean dismissal.

OTBC

[quote]Football is all about current form - and surely you cannot go back 2 years for ''current'' form? If you want to compare stats the usual basis is full career at a club, which is not that great either - ...[/quote]

To use Rodney marsh phrase be very carefull what you wish for.

[quote]To use Rodney marsh phrase be very carefull what you wish for.[/quote]

Expansive as ever allways...

My wish - a manager who can motivate a well balanced squad to give a performance for the fans delivering an astute tactical game plan that can be changed effectively mid game when required to take the club to and keep it in the premier while maintaining the financial integrity of the club.   Does that sound careless?  If worthy could do that I would be ecstatic - but he cant.

My nightmare is we keep worthy as manager so we remain mid table this season and by next summer lose the few talented footballers we have so leading to a further 2 year minimum rebuilding cycle before we are ready for promotion again.  Is that your dream?  Didnt think so.

What is it you are carefully wishing for AT?

OTBC 

Many of us are criticising the manager for for the performance of a team that is sent out to play football and get a result favourable to our club.  The fact that some of his selections are due to a lack of depth and quality of available fit players is obvious to all of us. We may not agree with the selections that he makes or the formation that he chooses to use for various games. As far as I am concerned, the over mentioned fact that we were promoted under this managers selections and methods a season ago is irrelovant. It is the players who are on the pitch that are in a group that have, on match days a duty to perform to their maximum potential for NCFC as a club, and the people who pay their wages week in and week out.  It is said that the players need to be, or are not motivated enough.  I have said many times that there seems to be a lack of organisational and basic football expertise as I watch them perform on the field with basic mistakes being made all over the pitch that seems to indicate that there is a lack of coaching ability at the club.  To me there is a lack of concentrated effort made by players that represent us and the management. Also a lack of keeness shown continuously through the games, with players fading in and out of the matches and not showing the sort of consistancy one would have expected of grown ups who after all are extremely well paid for their poor displays and inability to concentrate for 90 minutes. For goodness sake they are grown men, can you really say that they need to be motivated?  Do they not have any pride in their individual performances? Do they suffer from the age old British disease of leathargy, lubricated by complacency and downright lazyness. Do you really want to blame a manager for their ineptness and lack of professionalism? I believe they are professionals!!!

Do you lot on these boards require your manager to motivate you when you start your daily tasks? yes!! daily tasks, is it him or her that you blame for your lack of application when you make the proverbial balls up?  I would like to think that you unlike them are professional enough to turn up every day and do your best with the occasional blip as a punctuation, but that you would hold up your hands to, without looking for a scapegoat!! OTBC!!!! After all many of you say this team are a lalented bunch, that most managers in this league would be envious of????

[quote]To use Rodney marsh phrase be very carefull what you wish for.[/quote]

As expansive as ever allways.

My wish - a manager who can motivate his balanced squad to deliver his desired tactics while entertaining the fans by playing fluent passing attacking football, who has the ability to suuccessfully change tactics mid game when needed with the aim of returning and staying in the premiership without risking the financial integrity of the club. 

Is that too careless for you AT?   If worthy can deliver this then fine - but I just cant see it happening.

Can you go beyond a couple of lines and share what your wish is?

OTBC

ZLF!! Your first para says it in a nut shell about the managerial desire, but without the necessary addendum requiring playing professionals with the skills who are grown up enough to not need any more motivation than their own personal pride to do a good job. After all, you, me, and others say that this manager was able to create and motivate the team to get us promoted. There were extensive defensive errors then, but we wer''nt punished for them, luckily!!

hi beelsie. You''re right...we wern''t punished for the defensive errors in the promotion season but we carried the same weakness forward into the Premiership and, as a result, had a horrendous beginning to last season. The worst beginning of anyone winning the Championship the prior season. One can only attribute so much to bad luck, injuries, poor player performance. Over a sustained period, however, the manager must be accountable. The great debate seems to be focused around "what is a sustained period?"

[quote]QUOTE from stevanage fan "If Worthy does turn it all around and we do go up again, well done to him, but you have to ask if it is purely down to him or the fact that when all our players are fit we ...[/quote]

Shardy said "Who the hell put the team together in the first place?"

It''s not the fact he put them together that worries me, it''s the fact over 50% of the team that got us promotion no longer play for us.    Is that a reflection on bad choices and man management by the manager, I think so.

Anyway that''s going back 2 seasons and it is this season whereby we seem to have carried on from last with poor performances that is the concern.

Our sqaud has not been strengthened at all, so how you can say Worthy puts together great teams I don''t know.   He did well with Huckerby and very well with Ashton, but what about the rest?:

Svensson out - Thorne in - no way better.

Helveg and Eddy out - Louis Jean and Colin in - I would say like for like although you all know that Helveg is my hero and he would, given a proper chance,have  been great for Norwich and neither Colin or Jean will ever be a patch on him.

Francis out - Jarrett in - definitely not better

Jonson out - Marney in on loan, I would rather still have Jonson especially as he actually wanted to stay and showed spirit and determination.

Holt out - Hughes in - this one I actually think is a slight improvement

Davenport on loan great, but after a whole season in the prem playing Flemming and losing he has only just realised that Flemming was the common factor in all the partnerships that we played.   He should have got Doc and Shack playing together months ago as I think that partnership is our future with what we have at present.

ZLF!! Your first para says it in a nut shell about the managerial desire, but without the necessary addendum requiring playing professionals with the skills who are grown up enough to not need any more motivation than their own personal pride to do a good job. After all, you, me, and others say that this manager was able to create and motivate the team to get us promoted. There were extensive defensive errors then, but we wer''nt punished for them, luckily!!

[quote]Many of us are criticising the manager for for the performance of a team that is sent out to play football and get a result favourable to our club. The fact that some of his selections are due to a l...[/quote]

Strangely enough, yes, I do have to create a motivational enviroment for most of the people who I am responsible for, on a daily basis.

As a "Leader" it is one of my three prime tasks - these being; to guide, to inspire and to rule.

The thing about motivation is that it all comes down to two things -people move away from fear and they move towards pleasure. The trick is knowing when to use what motivation with what person at any particular given time.

Worthington should understand the need for motivation on a daily basis and should possess the skills of motivation, whether he does understand, or possess those skills, I leave to each individual to decide.