Sign in to follow this  
?

Good news

Where''d you hear that Ron? I reckon Pinto will start but if he''s not quite there then Russ will come in at RB. Too soon for Olsson by the sounds of things so Robbie retaining LB spot.

It''s very sad those of you who consider it "good news" that a member of our squad might be missing out for any number of reasons.

What about if one of his parents has died, is it still good news then?

Nobody is celebrating the reason he isn''t in the squad AJ, don''t be so stupid. 
The fact he isn''t in the squad is good news because he''s a poor player, as he demonstrated with his abysmal display at Birmingham. Given the display at Birmingham, it seems pretty likely he''s been dropped due to ability, not due to family circumstance.
Regardless of the cause behind it, Whittaker not being in the squad is good news for Norwich City. If there is an unfortunate reason he''s not in the squad, then that''s sad for him and I''ll feel for him, but that doesn''t alter the fact that Norwich are a better team when he doesn''t play so it is good news for Norwich City.

The problem is Whitt''s errors are picked up on, but for a defender to hit the post and have one cleared off the line in a game, well, he certainly has his plus points as well in my eyes. Fair comment from AJ, though I suspect if those were the reasons then Ron certainly wouldn''t have meant it in that context. He is a player who will always split opinion on here - personally, I like Whitt''s but I''d have Pinto starting all day long as I just think he''s the better all round player, no offence to Steven.

Utterly ridiculous sentiment.  He was one of our best players at Wembley and has contributed a lot of positive stuff in many games for us - and hopefully will again. He may not be on top form atm, but when he is he is a positive force for the team.

He''s been rubbish for 18months LDC. Give it up already. Go back through the NCFC youtube and have a look at who was at fault for almost every goal we conceded in the second half of the last Championship campaign. He was the weak link in the defence then, and he''s equally as poor now. 18months is not just "off-form", it''s just the fact he lacks ability, has no pace and makes incredibly poor defensive decisions. He was atrocious last season and was rightly dropped after a handful of games and didn''t kick a ball for us for the rest of the season. Baffling decision to give him a new contract even as a squad player, doubt he''d get in many squads who have ambitions for promotion.

O/T We''ve not had a post from Pete, Iwan''s Big Toe, ''Big'' Vince et al today, have we not? Are they alright, or are they patiently waiting for Rickie Lambert to roll back the years this afternoon?

LDC, I see its taken about a month for you to revert back to your usual self!