Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

AN at his best.

Put simply he doesn''t think his players are yet mentally ready to win games. It''s clear he does think this squad is good enough, even if he wanted another striker.

The faster we lose our arrogance and perceived right to win games and are ready to apply graft and ability to every minute of every match the faster we will head up the table.

Suck up relegation and get on with, show you are premier class where it matters, on matchday.

That''s sounds true of fans as well as the players

Well, we should have been used to scrapping and grafting for points after last year.

Mind you, we''re only one point behind Newcastle and 3 ahead of Villa, things could be worse. Those 5 points off top could quickly change with a run of wins, let''s make sure it starts today!

It''s like Rocky 3 when he loses his hunger and gets beaten by Clubber Lang. Our squad needs to go back to the mean streets and find the eye of the Tiger again.

Good interview and pleased with how AN has come across, but not overly impressed with some of the findings.It irritates me when a club states that they have basically spent up because of maintaining staff like the tea lady - as if someone who''s probably on minimum wage is ever truly relevant when we''re paying the likes of Naismith 30-40k per week to be utterly useless - At that level, we could support nearly 6k staff per week on his wages alone! Then add in the likes of Lafferty and Turner, and it''s ridiculous to suggest that one of the reasons we couldn''t bring in more players is because we''ve kept ''premiership staff'' on the books - all the while paying very good money for players to bench warm or play like total garbage!!!The suggestion seems to be that the McCormack transfer money went on Pritchard instead, with the idea being that other players would leave (Brady, Lafferty, Naismith etc) in order to finance a new ''top'' stiker instead, but because the moves didn''t happen we were left up the proverbial creek. This is surely naivety at it''s finest, and instead of focusing on arguably the most important component our squad was missing, we instead went for another midfielder (admittedly a good and very promising one), and gambled on being able to get the striker we so desperately wanted, which then hasn''t panned out at all and that''s why we''re looking at Chamakh and similar.I think AN is right in saying that a strong result and performance against Cardiff will calm a relatively large percent of the restless natives down, but there''s still going to be an underlying tension regardless IMHO, and I think he knows that he''s treading the finest line he''s been on in his career so far, and one too many mistakes (even if small ones) could easily be enough to get the big red button pushed and lead the axe to fall...

I''m sure most people would say getting a Champ Club promoted via a win at Wembley would be a greater achievement.

But you know, each to their own.

Enjoyed that AN interview, frank as ever. For all the criticism of us signing another midfielder in Pritchard and consequently not having the funds for McCormack (who since revealed quite matter of fact that HE wanted to join Villa), I will not be surprised in the slightest if Pritchard turns out to be far better than the aging McCormack this season, and in turn it proving we actually made the right choice - time will tell 👍

[quote user="morty"]Yup, posted this on another forum yesterday.

Good stuff.[/quote]Fingers crossed Morty, you may get a reply in a few days time. [;)][:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]Yup, posted this on another forum yesterday.

Good stuff.[/quote]Fingers crossed Morty, you may get a reply in a few days time. [;)][:D][/quote]Oh you [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]Yup, posted this on another forum yesterday.

Good stuff.[/quote]Fingers crossed Morty, you may get a reply in a few days time. [;)][:D][/quote]       

AN talks a lot about mindset in that interview. I think he''s well aware that last season we screwed up mentally far too many times in that respect - in particular against Sunderland when it mattered most.

Losing 3-0 to Birmingham was a repeat of that & AN directly felt the pain. Woe betide any player who lags behind in a psychological sense now; with Pritchard, Canos & co coming through they will soon be out of the picture...

Indy, if you look at it, we basically got Pritchard and Oliveira in for the same amount we would have paid for McCormack, and looking ahead, and im talking into next season as well as this one, that could well turn out to be a much better thing to have happened for City. Ive been mentioning the fact since January that next summer a  big amount of City players will be out of contract and irrespective of which division we will be headed for, its then that the likes of Lafferty, Turner etc, much of the deadwood, will leave City, This will give the likes of Pritchard, Maddison, some of the younger guys, even more chance to be  higher up the pecking order for getting game time.Alex spoke well, he clearly said every club can always be stronger, he and the club did try hard to get 1 or 2 players out but that deals fall thru. Yes it was a fail that a 2nd striker was not  attained, but as he said, the windows shut, the squad is still a strong one, and they should be up for it. Apart from the lack of a 2nd striker, which cannot be ignored, i am more than pleased with the new signings, but now the focus shifts to the pitch, and seeing if indeed the players  show fight and grit, but biggest thing to me, can Alex get things right himself, i.e right formations, clever substitutions, players in the right positions etc, for me thats the biggest question needing answering if City are to do well this season.

Agreed Essjayess, it certainly looks like educated decisions were made. As with that young French centre half, was decided that the money was better invested elsewhere in getting Pritchard and Oliviera on board.

Nobody really knows how Oliviera is going to do this season, but if come January he''s scored a hatful of goals we''ll have forgotten all about the McCormack debacle.

On paper, despite lacking options up top, we must have one of the strongest squads in the league, especially int erms of midfielders and attacking options. Players like Pritchard and Canos give us dynamics which we didn''t have before.

Last time around we had Jerome, Hooper, Grabban and Lafftery

this time we have Jerome, Oliviera, Lafferty and Morris

Not the worst attacking options in the league, but admittedly, not quite the best either.