Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Score/team v Cardiff

I know it''s only Tuesday but thought I''d post this now, as other news is very slow.

Is it too early for a must win? Another display like Birmingham, following a not so inspiring transfer window, could result in some serious concern and unrest.

Hopefully a few players will be back from injury, Pinto and Olsson would be a welcome return and be nice to see what Pritchard can offer, along with Nelson.

Hoping for a convincing 2-0 win.

Why the snide response Tilly? Why not just answer the question instead?

McGovern

Pinto (I hope)

Klose

Bennett

Brady

Tettey

Howson

Pritchard

Hoolahan

Naismith

Jerome

Subs;

Jones

Bassong

Martin

Canos

Mulumbu

Oliveira

Lafferty

Not the team I would pick, but the one I think most likely.

Oh, and a 3-1 win thank you very much.

If we want to get out of this league these are the must win games.

No idea who''s fit. Heard Pritchard is playing tonight so at least a spot on the bench for him 👍

watching england was like watching us; plenty of possession in the wrong places, slow ball movement lacking penettraion reducing us to long distance half chances and shaky at the back.

cardiff will doubtless be tight from the out set. foot pace doesnt help much with a deep packed defence, but quick pass and move does. what that means from our squad of occassional performers come sat who knows.

I would probably go 5-3-2

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Klose

Pinto Brady

Tettey

Dorrans/hows Wes Pritchard

Oliveira Jerome

but expect a 4231/4141

Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Klose Olsson

Tettey Dorrans/Howson

Brady wes Pritchard

Jerome

we may need 12 on the pitch

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Bennett Klose Brady

Howson Wes Pritchard

Jerome Oliveira

I''ve got no idea what team AN will pick. Guess I''d like to see a Murphy or two.

But if cracks appearing causes us to win convincingly then bring on the cracks......

I find this a hard one. Will he persevere with Whittaker, Martin and Naismith- if so I see defeat, will Pinto be back, Olsson, even Pritchard, in which case a draw with the possibility possibility of a narrow win.

I really do not understand his perseverance with players not up to it or else not caring enough.

The result could be anything between 0-2 and 2-1

To pick the team you would need a Harley Street shrink to help AN pick his team, sure he has a plan but no one else knows what it is.

Probably start with Lafferty just to confuse Cardiff

This Manager is out of his depth in TC as he was in TP

Get Bruce in now

PS Get rid of Master Tom as well

[quote user="ZLF"]we may need 12 on the pitch

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Bennett Klose Brady

Howson Wes Pritchard

Jerome Oliveira[/quote]Besides the extra man [:$] you got it right the first time -- a defensive midfielder is imperative within a 5-3-2, so Tettey has to be included [Y]I''m not keen on the 4-2-3-1, we''re no Barcelona ffs, and I''ve previously suggested and absolutely love the idea of Brady & Pinto as attacking wing-backs [Y]

If Pinto, Jerome, Olsson and Ruddy still injured -                   McGovern      Martin Bennett Klose Brady                   MulumbuCanos Pritchard Hoolahan Jo.Murphy                    OliveiraSubs:MorrisJa. MurphyHowsonTetteyNaismithDorransJones

I would be quite surprised to see a league game with Howson, Tettey and Dorrans all on the bench with Mulumbu starting.

[quote user="GJP"]I would be quite surprised to see a league game with Howson, Tettey and Dorrans all on the bench with Mulumbu starting.[/quote]
It simply wouldn''t happen.

Assuming Ruddy, Olsson, Pinto and Jerome are back -

Ruddy

Tettey, Howson

Canos Hoolahan Brady

Oliveira

Subs:

Jones

Martin

Dorrans

Jerome

Pritchard

Ja. Murphy

Naismith

Comfortable 3-1 win (to us!).

I agree! Why on earth would we play that kind of side? Plus, as people seem to keep forgetting, it has been Jacob Murphy who has started so well this season rather than Josh. I think Jacob is currently on better form so I would have him involved from the start if we insist on playing our youth players who aren''t actually quite there yet (imo).If Pinto is fit he is the first name on the team sheet for me right now. Nobody else offered the same kind of attacking threat as him in the Ipswich game and the formation AN likes depends on those ''wing backs'' bombing on. When he was withdrawn at half time we looked pants, frankly.

McGovern

Tettey Howson

Ja.Murphy Hoolahan Brady

Oliveira

Subs:

Jones

Martin

Mulumbu

Jerome

Pritchard

Canos

Naismith

Get Pritchard on at 60 to give him a proper first team run-out, need to get him fully sharp asap. Canos and Jerome on if we''re chasing, Jerome and Mulumbu on if we need to see something out.

2-1

I''ve got a sneaking suspicion both Naismith and Martin will start in a compact line-up to grind out a result rather than buckle any swashes.

A nervy 1-0, winner in the last 10 minutes.

Apples

I have a feeling Martin will come back in. And that Naimsith will start, because he''s been awfull so far and started every other game so don''t see why that would change.

[quote user="GJP"]I would be quite surprised to see a league game with Howson, Tettey and Dorrans all on the bench with Mulumbu starting.[/quote]

Yes, I know it''s unlikely, but to be honest I haven''t been that impressed by Howson and Tettey this season. Howson seemed almost missing against Sheffield wednesday and Tettey has been a bit erratic all season so far, imo.  Dorrans hasn''t really featured, whereas Mulumbu has and has done ok. If the manager wanted to shake things up a bit, he could put Mulumbu in there, maybe alongside Howson or Tettey or even Dorrans, but in an attacking line up, one defensive midfielder is surely enough.

McGovern

Pinto (or martin) Bennett Klose Olsson (or brady)

. Tettey

Canos Howson Brady

Hoolahan

Jerome

Both Oliviera and Pritchard to get a good 25-30 mins off the bench. However if Olsson still not fit, push Brady back and throw Pritchard straight in on the left side.

Ruddy, Pinto, Bennett, Klose, Brady, Canos, Howson, Tettey, Pritchard, Hoolahan, Jerome.

That''d be my team but I suspect McGovern will start, and possibly Martin at RB if Pinto''s not quite there. Morris to get 20 mins from bench with Jacob Murphy, too soon for Oliveira I think.

3-0 win, Howson first goal scorer 👍