Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Presser vs Cardiff

So, updates are;

McGovern likely to start, Ruddy fit again and poses "problem" for AN which I''m sure he won''t mind.

He also has the green light on Pritchard (finally!), with Jerome, Pinto and Ruddy all recovering from injuries, and R Martin and Dorrans making a comeback and all in squad for the weekend.

Possibility of signing Chamakh is well and truly closed after his injury sustained for West Brom.

Oliviera not quite fit enough to start, so it''ll be Jerome.

Also has said reasons behind Maddison loan were "players choice" after being told he couldn''t be guaranteed games. Still a shame in my eyes but hopefully he''ll continue to progress up north. Also confirmed Toffolo was indeed loaned out once it was clear both Brady and Olsson were staying as he wouldn''t get game time here. That one is more sensible in my eyes.

[quote user="AJ"]Also has said reasons behind Maddison loan were "players choice" after being told he couldn''t be guaranteed games. [/quote]This makes his move more understandable, but it does raise a few questions, probably about his temperament.  If we bought him for around £3m, I would have thought it was clear he was here to play games, but he knew we had plenty of mid-fielders - did he think he was going walk into the team and stay there?  Perhaps a lesson being learned in by him, that if he wants to be at a bigger club he is going to have to fight his way into the team, not expect to be in there by right.  If he wants to be a definite regular in a team, he is going to have to accept playing at a lower level. Aberdeen is a good choice in that respect, competitive but at a lower standard (arguably).  Hope he comes back a better player and more willing to fight his way into the team and not expect to walk straight into it.

Not sure exactly how you deduce that he might have a temperament problem, and as for having to fight his way in to the team, from all accounts he has been a stand-out player in pretty much every game he''s played for us so far. Plus, how can he fight for his place if he''s in Aberdeen?

Dorrans is ready too, so hopefully he will spark better performances from both Tettey and Howson.

As far as maddison is concerned I think its a good sign, rather than a negative trait, that he is prepared to play competitive football and continue his education given his age.

I still wonder whether he would have stayed had Naismith moved on to allow a third striker signing to be made.

One thing from the Presser you could gaurantee as sure as Summer turns to Autumn, thats Nelson would not quite be ready for a start. That has happened to just about every new signing  since Alex took over, always those few weeks delay before we actually see them in action. Its probably Alexs most consistent and predictable theme since hes been our manager.Also now we know there will be no Chamakh, so we go with what we got....at least until January.

I would like to think that Oliviera will be in the squad, perhaps come on for the final 20 mins or something. But as you say Essjayess, it has been common for them to have to train hard to earn their place first.

From what Howson said it seems he''s been impressing in training, seeing as AN doesn''t rate Lafferty enough to play him when we''ve got no other strikers available, you have to think he would be ahead of Laff''s int he pecking order already.

[quote user="Essjayess"]One thing from the Presser you could gaurantee as sure as Summer turns to Autumn, thats Nelson would not quite be ready for a start. That has happened to just about every new signing  since Alex took over, always those few weeks delay before we actually see them in action. Its probably Alexs most consistent and predictable theme since hes been our manager.

Also now we know there will be no Chamakh, so we go with what we got....at least until January.
[/quote]

That took me back a few years !

[quote user="Essjayess"].... since Alex took over, always those few weeks delay before we actually see them in action. Its probably Alexs most consistent and predictable theme since hes been our manager.

[/quote]

Naismith, Brady & Dorrans all played in the first competitive game after they signed contracts for NCFC.

Also Mr Freezer has just tweeted saying that the game will probably be one too soon for Olsson''s return

It is a theme that his new signings don''t tend to be ready to come straight in, but I think that shows the high demands we have of the players physically, which is a positive. I hope Oliveira makes the bench in case we need a boost at 65 mins.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Essjayess"].... since Alex took over, always those few weeks delay before we actually see them in action. Its probably Alexs most consistent and predictable theme since hes been our manager.

[/quote]

Naismith, Brady & Dorrans all played in the first competitive game after they signed contracts for NCFC.

[/quote]

Also Mat Jarvis, so not very consistent or predictable. [:)]

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Essjayess"].... since Alex took over, always those few weeks delay before we actually see them in action. Its probably Alexs most consistent and predictable theme since hes been our manager.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Also Mat Jarvis, so not very consistent or predictable. [:)]

[/quote]Now I come to think about I''m not sure if he did sign Mat Jarvis. [S)]

Pfft. Bet we lose 5-0 and Pritchard gives the barclay the finger whilst back-heeling it past McGovern into our own net.

Sorry about that. Presser was quite positive and I was concerned this thread would die a lonely death without the popular figures of CanaryOne etc, so thought a bit of misery might boost this threads life.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="AJ"]Also has said reasons behind Maddison loan were "players choice" after being told he couldn''t be guaranteed games. [/quote]This makes his move more understandable, but it does raise a few questions, probably about his temperament.  If we bought him for around £3m, I would have thought it was clear he was here to play games, but he knew we had plenty of mid-fielders - did he think he was going walk into the team and stay there?  Perhaps a lesson being learned in by him, that if he wants to be at a bigger club he is going to have to fight his way into the team, not expect to be in there by right.  If he wants to be a definite regular in a team, he is going to have to accept playing at a lower level. Aberdeen is a good choice in that respect, competitive but at a lower standard (arguably).  Hope he comes back a better player and more willing to fight his way into the team and not expect to walk straight into it.

[/quote]
I doubt he did. But I reckon performing consistently on loan, coming into the first team in cup games and performing well in them too, whilst our other CAM in the first team (Naismith) is playing dreadfully - probably made him realise he needed to get out and play some football. Good on the lad.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="AJ"]Also has said reasons behind Maddison loan were "players choice" after being told he couldn''t be guaranteed games. [/quote]This makes his move more understandable, but it does raise a few questions, probably about his temperament.  If we bought him for around £3m, I would have thought it was clear he was here to play games, but he knew we had plenty of mid-fielders - did he think he was going walk into the team and stay there?  Perhaps a lesson being learned in by him, that if he wants to be at a bigger club he is going to have to fight his way into the team, not expect to be in there by right.  If he wants to be a definite regular in a team, he is going to have to accept playing at a lower level. Aberdeen is a good choice in that respect, competitive but at a lower standard (arguably).  Hope he comes back a better player and more willing to fight his way into the team and not expect to walk straight into it.

[/quote]How do you work out there is an issue with his temperament?Have you picked him as the player you have an irrational dislike for, like you did with Snoddy?

i would of thought it was more what was said to him to lure him away from coventry

Dont go to spurs liverpool all those big clubs chasing you come to Norwich be a 1st team player instead of reserve for the big teams etc

he gets here after his loan back plays really well in preseason and still does not get game time behind under performing players Naismith

So asked to go on loan boy his age needs to be playing

Are people forgetting maddison was signed before Pritchard came along?

He''s obviously realised with hoolahan in form of his life, naismith a manager''s favourite and Pritchard just being signed, his chances are limited for the time being.

Think it''s a great attitude to have to go and test yourself in an unknown league at one of the biggger clubs up there. Good on the lad.

Are people forgetting maddison was signed before Pritchard came along?

He''s obviously realised with hoolahan in form of his life, naismith a manager''s favourite and Pritchard just being signed, his chances are limited for the time being.

Think it''s a great attitude to have to go and test yourself in an unknown league at one of the biggger clubs up there. Good on the lad.

i Agree with all that but might not be so loyal to the club if he plays really well in scotland lets face he joined Norwich to play for Norwich

we do not want to mess around with these highly rated youngster who could easy get in our team / bench

AN has not handled this very well did he forget he had canos jarvis wes naismith maddison murphy x2 Brady

before he signed Pritchard !

FFS, Maddison wants to develop as a player by playing competitive matches and is willing to go on loan to get them - so he has a temperament problem.

He has an excellent professional attitude and I have far more respect for that attitude than those like Lappin who were happy to take the cash and do jack all.

Of course he has no loyalty to norwich why should he?

I think a few are over rating this lad a bit. If the big clubs really wanted him trust me they would have got him.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="AJ"]Also has said reasons behind Maddison loan were "players choice" after being told he couldn''t be guaranteed games. [/quote]This makes his move more understandable, but it does raise a few questions, probably about his temperament.  If we bought him for around £3m, I would have thought it was clear he was here to play games, but he knew we had plenty of mid-fielders - did he think he was going walk into the team and stay there?  Perhaps a lesson being learned in by him, that if he wants to be at a bigger club he is going to have to fight his way into the team, not expect to be in there by right.  If he wants to be a definite regular in a team, he is going to have to accept playing at a lower level. Aberdeen is a good choice in that respect, competitive but at a lower standard (arguably).  Hope he comes back a better player and more willing to fight his way into the team and not expect to walk straight into it.

[/quote]How do you work out there is an issue with his temperament?Have you picked him as the player you have an irrational dislike for, like you did with Snoddy?[/quote]

Were you born obnoxious or did you have to work at it?  On Maddison, if you start a new job then don''t get the experience you wanted, then you are going to be unhappy and it stands to reason that if he has asked for a loan to get games, then he is not entirely satisfied with what has happened so far at Norwich.  It''s not rocket science. He could have stayed and fought for his place, or do what he did - ask to go away to get games. If he started the new job at Norwich and respected the players around him he would be prepared to stick around and fight for his place and he wouldn''t be be looking to go elsewhere to get games after just a few weeks. After all, apparently AN didn''t ask him to go on loan - Maddison asked him. That is why I question his temperament.  Stay and fight is the way to do it, asking to go somewhere to get games is not - imo.  It doesn''t matter how good you think you are, if you are prepared to stick it out and fight for your place, that creates a much better impression than if you want away. The loan may be good for him, but if our team does well with the midfielders we''ve got, then the same will happen in January. He might come back and still not get games.  If so what then?  Back to Aberdeen for the rest of the season?  So we have bought a good player at some expense (allegedely around £3m) and he doesn''t want to stay and fight for a place and we have probably lost him for the season.  Not good imo.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="AJ"]Also has said reasons behind Maddison loan were "players choice" after being told he couldn''t be guaranteed games. [/quote]This makes his move more understandable, but it does raise a few questions, probably about his temperament.  If we bought him for around £3m, I would have thought it was clear he was here to play games, but he knew we had plenty of mid-fielders - did he think he was going walk into the team and stay there?  Perhaps a lesson being learned in by him, that if he wants to be at a bigger club he is going to have to fight his way into the team, not expect to be in there by right.  If he wants to be a definite regular in a team, he is going to have to accept playing at a lower level. Aberdeen is a good choice in that respect, competitive but at a lower standard (arguably).  Hope he comes back a better player and more willing to fight his way into the team and not expect to walk straight into it.

[/quote]How do you work out there is an issue with his temperament?Have you picked him as the player you have an irrational dislike for, like you did with Snoddy?[/quote]

Were you born obnoxious or did you have to work at it?  On Maddison, if you start a new job then don''t get the experience you wanted, then you are going to be unhappy and it stands to reason that if he has asked for a loan to get games, then he is not entirely satisfied with what has happened so far at Norwich.  It''s not rocket science. He could have stayed and fought for his place, or do what he did - ask to go away to get games. If he started the new job at Norwich and respected the players around him he would be prepared to stick around and fight for his place and he wouldn''t be be looking to go elsewhere to get games after just a few weeks. After all, apparently AN didn''t ask him to go on loan - Maddison asked him. That is why I question his temperament.  Stay and fight is the way to do it, asking to go somewhere to get games is not - imo.  It doesn''t matter how good you think you are, if you are prepared to stick it out and fight for your place, that creates a much better impression than if you want away. The loan may be good for him, but if our team does well with the midfielders we''ve got, then the same will happen in January. He might come back and still not get games.  If so what then?  Back to Aberdeen for the rest of the season?  So we have bought a good player at some expense (allegedely around £3m) and he doesn''t want to stay and fight for a place and we have probably lost him for the season.  Not good imo.

[/quote]Put your bottom lip away.Your conclusion that his temperament is suspect is utterly baseless and follows no logic.Very odd that you jump to this conclusion, based on no actual facts whatsoever.

I personally think that the Maddison loan was the correct decision. A lot of people on here seem to think that he has already shown enough to be competing for a first team place. But given the quality of the clubs he has played against I don''t think he was really that close to breaking into the team. Andreu''s hat-trick surely puts things into perspective? The performances of Josh Murphy as well spring to mind, who''s shown some excellent flashes in these lower-level games, but then managed to look way off the pace in every appearance for the first team this season.

On top of that Maddison is competing with Naismith, Hoolahan and Pritchard for that central spot, probably the most competitive single place at the club!

I don''t think it''s a matter of him ''staying to fight for his place'', he''s simply not going to get a serious look-in this season other than cup games and the odd 20 minute cameo appearance. I''m actually impressed the young lad has made this decision - could easily have plodded along in the development squad - and in Scotland of all places too! If he can nail regular football it would certainly be a steeper learning curve for him than staying here IMO.

Hope he does well!

i wouldn''t say he has a bad temperament

feeling like he has been promised things and let down maybe

i would imagine he would be thinking i should have stayed at coventry for another year ,

ok he picked up a nice signing on fee to buy a house etc

but he would have been excited about his new start here

i bet he didnt think he would be playing for aberdeen this season when we signed him