Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Norwich v Cardiff Match Thread

We must be trying to win the league with a Premier League style 1 up front style ( except Watford last year played 2). This line up seems utterly predictable for me. 4-5-1 and bringing back a midfielder out of the blue, not playing your record signings, the new striker not being "quite ready" etc. Just hope we can get a performance going like Blackburn. Oh for Pritchard and Canos playing together in a team headed by Jerome and Oliveira. Call me old fashioned.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]How unfit can Oliveira be? Can he really not manage 20 minutes off the bench? Considering how little Neil thinks of Lafferty it seems bizarre that Nelson didn''t even get the nod for a spot on the bench. [/quote]What do you think "fit" means? Able to run about for 15 minutes before suffering an injury that puts you out for two months?

[quote user="sonyc"]We must be trying to win the league with a Premier League style 1 up front style ( except Watford last year played 2). This line up seems utterly predictable for me. 4-5-1 and bringing back a midfielder out of the blue, not playing your record signings, the new striker not being "quite ready" etc. Just hope we can get a performance going like Blackburn. Oh for Pritchard and Canos playing together in a team headed by Jerome and Oliveira. Call me old fashioned.[/quote]You''re old fashioned [:P]

In my old team, it used to be "if you can''t play the 90 you shouldn''t be on the bench". I assume that ethos is a bit skewed in the real world, but perhaps as Westcoast suggests, we don''t want to rush him in when in reality he''s one of our two main strikers options and the other, Jerome, has recently had a knock!

It is frustrating to sign players and not get to see them making an impact straight away though.

1.if ruddy is fit enough for the bench he should be in the first 11

2. we have nothing down the right hand side, again its an unbalanced 11 with players played out of position, no real width

dirge

delia out

[quote user="Excited Canary"]How unfit can Oliveira be? Can he really not manage 20 minutes off the bench? Considering how little Neil thinks of Lafferty it seems bizarre that Nelson didn''t even get the nod for a spot on the bench. [/quote]Considering how little AN thinks of Lafferty, why isn''t Morris on the bench? [:|]

Those sitting around me are pretty angry about the stat of affairs it could get ugly today if the game doesn''t go well early on

Does feel like the Neil reign is nearing its natural end

AN did the job last time we were in the Champ, no reason he still can''t get, we''re only 5 points off top as it stands...

A lot of empty seats at Carra Rd today, the community section in the River End is totally empty!

Some people are probably creaming right now, R Martin at LB as Brady off injured.

And that''s why Cam Jam had to start - if he stays fit then there''s one 20 goal a season striker in the Champs right there 👍

OTBC!

3rd and 3 points off top. Nicely done so far, we could do with scoring again before H/T

[quote user="AJ"]3rd and 3 points off top. Nicely done so far, we could do with scoring again before H/T[/quote]Certainly could, because we usually concede in 1st half injury time ...........

For all the moaning about the line-up, I''m delighted AN is strong enough to keep Naismith well away from the squad today.

It''s a shame we''re incapable of singing anyone who can be thrown straight into the line-up. Do we have some special quarantine at NCFC that they MUST have several weeks acclimatising to Norfolk before they can play!!

SamWam - Oliveira not quite up to speed, Jerome justified today. Canos again needed to play a little catch up but has still been quite involved early on. Pritchard played during first game of season, and will surely get minutes today. Don''t see what''s wrong with any of that myself?

[quote user="Samwam27"]For all the moaning about the line-up, I''m delighted AN is strong enough to keep Naismith well away from the squad today.

It''s a shame we''re incapable of singing anyone who can be thrown straight into the line-up. Do we have some special quarantine at NCFC that they MUST have several weeks acclimatising to Norfolk before they can play!![/quote]No, but we do have a well-respected physio and medical department with the ability to weigh up a player''s physical condition and fitness to play without risk of incurring side-lining injury.