Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Norwich v Cardiff Match Thread

Wouldn''t have predicted that line up in a million years but had a feeling Martin would come back in some capacity today.

[quote user="Herman"]I wondered who was going to be the scapegoat this week[;)][/quote]

Haha mate, you just KNOW 😂

[quote user="Glenn Medeiros "]You spend what little money you have on a striker and a winger from Liverpool and they don''t even make the bench

Bloke is an idiot[/quote]

Don''t agree re Oliveira, he''s not up to speed we''re told - Jerome, 2 goals in 4 games, makes total sense to me 👍

SUBS: Ruddy (GK), Bassong, Mulumbu, Lafferty, Pritchard, Bennett, Jo. Murphy.

Interesting to see Benno dropped, but excellent to see Pinto back at RB.

Dorrans & Jacob Murphy in with Canos missing (wonder if he''s not fit for some reason?). I would assume Pritchard isn''t 100% yet, surprised to see Oliviera not on the bench at all as well.

Possibly more interesting, no Naismith in the squad at all?

Dorrans was a good player for us in the champs before and started the prem season really well too. He''s quite a different type of player to Mulumbu and Pritchard - don''t see much of a comparison there to be honest.

Interesting to see there''s no place for Naismith even on the bench. Shame no Canos either, you want players like him coming off the bench against tiring legs. Looks like Pritchard will get 20mins though...

looks like AN want''s bodies in the middle to me.

We''ll have Howson Tettey Dorrans across the middle as a three I should think, with Pinto and Brady flanking them as wing backs and then Hoolahoop and Murphy just behind Jerome

I am beginning to approach the 2 O'' Clock squad announcement with more trepidation by the week.

There always seems to be a strange decision that, for what it''s worth seems to me to be the wrong one.

Mulumbu suddenly appearing in the derby day line-up was the most recent aberration. He played well (as he should do with the wages he collects from this club) but his very inclusion was a defensive statement that immediately gave the initiative to the opposition. For no apparent consistent reason he was then left out at Birmingham.

Today it is Dorran''s turn to come in from the dark.

Is Canos injured?

Is Olly not readdy?

Is there a problem with Naismith?

Is it just more tinkering?

Like I said "trepidation."

As for Naismith, can only assume his "head isn''t right" to not be in the squad at all.

And Canos? Confused by that one, must be injured surely to not be in the squad after his recent performances?

---------McGovern----------

Pinto Martin Klose Brady

-----Howson Tettey-----

Murphy Hoolahan Dorrans

----------Jerome--------

Looks like that to me. Maybe swap Howson and Dorrans round, we''ll see I guess. Bennett, Naismith and Canos must be injured then surely?

Pinto Martin Klose Brady

--Howson Tettey Dorrans-Murphy--

------Hoolahan---------

----------Jerome--------

Perhaps?

OR

Pinto Martin Klose Brady

--Howson Tettey Dorrans--

--Muprhy-----Hoolahan----

----------Jerome--------

Bit of an odd lineup really, in so much as it looks like a changed formation in theory.
Oliviera isn''t fully fit for whoever was asking - AN said as much in his pre-match presser yesterday.
Also interesting to note AN saying "Some players need to realise they''re not too big for the league" or something to that effect, and then Naismith omitted from the squad (not that I''m disappointed tbh). 
Would have liked to see Canos in there but can only assume he''s got a knock.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Dorrans was a good attacking midfielder at West Brom. Could be the same formation as usual.[/quote]Yep, looks like a 4-2-3-1 with Howson wrongly fielded as a DM again -- what have Martin & Dorrans done to warrant their inclusion in the starting 11 I wonder? Must''ve looked good in training [:|]I''m adamant we''d be so more effective with the right team selection in a 5-3-2.     

Nevertheless - COME ON CITY!!!

Seems as usual a few questionable to look at from that squad, main one being where is Canos? Right that Whitts and Naisy are dropped from squad, their form has been awful. Oliveira we already gathered would not be in the squad. Martin in ahead of Benno...thats just Alex reverting to type, what we have come to expect.2 CBs on the bench?..ok....As City fans i guess we are just disapointed that our new signings are not in the first 11, wonder if we will ever see Canos, Pritchard and Olly starting a game together? Anyway, City have another home game on Tuesday, so i dont know if Alex is factoring that in his thoughts, time will tell.

lack of pace in that team more strong players instead of flair who will create only wes and murphy to create for jerome

murphy only width dorrans and howson can play wide but are not flying wingers

shape of team and players change each game

we need a settled team a style and a system that suits the players gel a team

if we lose today with that line up sack him tonight

How unfit can Oliveira be? Can he really not manage 20 minutes off the bench? Considering how little Neil thinks of Lafferty it seems bizarre that Nelson didn''t even get the nod for a spot on the bench.