Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Lack of balance

Good result but still concerned at the lack of a settled side and of balance. AN has to stop shoehorning his favourite players into the starting XI at a cost to the team. JH is not a right mid, Brady is not a left back, you cannot play hooly and Naismith (as has been attempted) one could go on...

We need to play a settled balanced side oblivious to big personalities and better performances will follow

Injuries isn''t the issue - as another said it has been a constant irritation. So let us play including injuries

1) which injury necessitated playing howson right mid with canos and Murphy available

2) why play Brady left back having sent toffolo out on loan. He wasn''t injured

Etc etc

a step forward today with naismith being left out though.....now just need to stop this Howson on the right nonsense.

When everyones fit I can see us going

....................Jerome.............

...Brady........Hoolahan......Pritchard....

Oh look. One of the moaning trolls has found something to moan about. The manager''s job is to win games. Today we won? What more can he possibly do, maybe a half time stand up routine? Maybe a bit of tap dancing? Binner troll is obvious.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]a step forward today with naismith being left out though.....now just need to stop this Howson on the right nonsense.

...Brady........Hoolahan......Pritchard....[/quote]

Agreed, hopefully with Dorrans and Howson behind.

No sign that he will learn unfortunately. It''s been like it for over a year so why will it change now. Martin started at CH today with a full contingent to choose from. Full back he is, CH he isn''t. Brady is not a full back, Howson and Wes don''t play wide midfield.

The guy is making things more difficult that they should be.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]a step forward today with naismith being left out though.....now just need to stop this Howson on the right nonsense.

...Brady........Hoolahan......Pritchard....[/quote]

Agreed, hopefully with Dorrans and Howson behind.[/quote]With everyone fit the best selection and line up to field would be:5-3-2 - attackingMcGovern/RuddyPinto/Martin - rwbBennett/Turner - rcbKlose/Turner/Bassong - cb/sOlsson/Turner/Bassong - lcbBrady/Olsson - lwbPritchard/Howson - mcTettey/Mulumbu/Thompson - dmcHoolahan/Canos - mcOliveira/Murphy/MorrisJerome/Murphy/Morris

Or - 4-4-2 - attackingMcGovern/RuddyPinto/Martin - rbKlose/Turner - cbBennett/Bassong - cbBrady/Olsson - lbCanos/Murphy/Jarvis - rwHowson/Dorrans - mcTettey/Mulumbu/Thompson - mcPritchard/Brady/Jarvis - lwOliveira/Murphy/MorrisJerome/Murphy/Morris

I disagree. I think people get overly obsessed with players only being capable of playing half decent in one set position.

To say that Neil only picks certain players because of irrational favouritism is wilful ignorance.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I disagree. I think people get overly obsessed with players only being capable of playing half decent in one set position.

To say that Neil only picks certain players because of irrational favouritism is wilful ignorance.[/quote]

I dont think its irrational favourtism....its more a case that he wants to get as many of what he perceives as his "best" or senior players on the pitch as he can, even if its to the detriment of the balance of the team.

case in point being Sheff Weds at home where playing Brady on the left wing meant that Hoolahan had to switch to the right (as Naismith was being accomodated) and it completely upset the workings of the side.

I dont think that anyone could deny that this has been going on to an extent but the dropping of Naismith today was a sign that Neil has finally accepted that it isnt working.

Pritchard at least looks as if he can play in all 3 positions behind the striker which can only be of benefit.

what more can he do ?

Well he could try playing attacking attractive football to start with !!

As a life long fan and season ticket holder I cant except this win ugly philosophic

Yes you have to play to your strengths.....but this guy seems to want to slow play down to such a lethargic pace with his move it sideways and backwards tactics that the frontline seem to have forgotten how/given up trying to create space and movement !

Personally I think we played better football under Neil Adams at least then we attacked with pace and width !

"Dean Coney''s boots"]Injuries isn''t the issue - as another said it has been a constant irritation. So let us play including injuries

1) which injury necessitated playing howson right mid with canos and Murphy available

2) why play Brady left back having sent toffolo out on loan. He wasn''t injured

Etc etc

No Toffolo wasn''t injured, neither is he anywhere near as good a player as Brady. That''s why.

Howson played well without excelling. I''d rather see him in the two in front of the cbs but it was his constant running and bullish attitude that set up the winning goal.

Both Murphys, for all their good play, are still weak in a tackle and too often sloppy with the ball. Having Howson there was a reassuring presence. It''s a conundrum as I''d rather Howson wasn''t shoehorned in on the right and maybe given time, Canos/Murphy(either) or Pritchard will be regulars.

The fact we haven''t got a ''best 11'' and are sitting in the top 6 is pleasing. Performance wise the only way is up.

PS: Why should I ''do one'' for daring to debate on a forum?

It must be clear to others that conceding 5 in 2 is not so positive, despite the win, and that the constant tinkering is again disrupting the side?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Oh look. One of the moaning trolls has found something to moan about. The manager''s job is to win games. Today we won? What more can he possibly do, maybe a half time stand up routine? Maybe a bit of tap dancing? Binner troll is obvious.[/quote]This.

the op is right, and we might have injuries but at the end of the day the recruitment is rubbish which is why we dont have cover across the park, instead we have 300 centre midfielders

in an ideal world id see it as           ruddypinto bennett klose olsson          tettey howson    jarvis hoolahan brady               jerome

but even then wed be playing jarvis as an inverted winger :/

AN try to play his early days here football but week in week out this not happen.

We have same players since January and big % of team is here since AN begin.

Too much time this team underperformed for no selection reasons.

Mood seems is not ideal with too many players unhappy in this group.

I hope if win next game and go top 3and since transfer market is closed players to enjoy more and to play at his full capacity.

If that not happen next few weeks I believe we will need new man in charge to boosted this squad.