Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

I hope.....

.....that when Naismith has scored 10 - 15 goals this season and helps us to promotion, that those that have written him off come back on here and grovel.   I know he hasn''t hit form yet, but if you look at his history, you will see a player that goes in and out of form, at times brilliant, at times not so, but one that is capable of very good things.  Yet to show it, of course, but there have been glimpses of what he is capable of and once Pritchard is fit and there is a bit more competition for places, we will see the best of him.  That''s what I''m hoping for anyway......Writing him off is not a solution.

I really hope he does well for us too, they said on the ScrImmage that they understood that Nailsmith pulled the plug on his move

Yer keep on dreaming. Like Chris Sutton said his legs are gone.

He won''t score 10-15 goals.

Will probably be off in January just in time for Maddison to return from his loan.

Good riddance to him. He''s rubbish. No desire, work rate, passion, interest and you saw it after the Birmingham game when all the noreich players came over and clapped the fans Naismith didn''t bother and was straight down the tunnel.

Not putting in much effort isn''t really a good solution to not wanting to be here from him either. He has to show something, even if his touch is off and so far he hasn''t.

If he starts properly going for every game and stops the casual, misplaced passes and sulky attitude amoungst other things he won''t get any stick.

He''s not a bad footballer or unsuited to this league like RVW was, if Naismith actually puts the effort it and starts caring about this club and where we''re going he will improve. He''s far from a lost cause, hopefully his standing with the fans spurs him on to do better, if it doesn''t then we''re stuck with another expensive dud.

Tl;DR. It''s up to him to show something first

[quote user="Diane"]I really hope he does well for us too, they said on the ScrImmage that they understood that Nailsmith pulled the plug on his move[/quote]Which might have been along the lines: "If you don''t pay me £x, then I''m not coming."

The idea that he puts no effort in reminds me of the way Snoddy was treated. In fact many of the criticisms of Naismith are the same the ones made about Snodgrass.

Lakey old boy, Van Naismith didn''t want to sign for us in the first place, he is only interested in how much he is going to get paid and much like his international team mate, Snodgrass, is quick to blame everyone but himself for a poor performance on the football field. These are among his better qualities. There is more chance of us signing an injury prone Chamakh and him scoring the goals that get us promoted than Ricky Van Naismith bagging double figures this year.

Well Lakey I''d love to see him score 15 goals which City fan wouldn''t!

That said if you have a player who goes from form to shite as you say he does, we cannot afford to him to have 10 games without any impact as we don''t have the players to carry a luxury waiting to find form.

Wes is far more consistent than Naismith and we have options for non performing players, so next home game Naismith must be on the bench if not excluded from the squad as hopefully Pritchard will be fit.

I think Lakey hit the Nail on the Head, when he said Naismiths form is erratic (something like that, anyway). I have no stats to back this up but thats exactly how i see him. Wasp at a picnic one game, whinging ''sweaty sock''(Snoddy anybody?) in the next. At times exciting , at others frustrating in the extreme.

For now he''s our player so i''ll get behind him if he performs from now on....it''s probably been an unsettling year for the the poor wee laddie, He gets paid very well to play for us, time for him to put his head down and ''''pull like a dog'''' as they say round here .

The Naismith character assassination on here is a disgrace. How do people square their unfounded insinuations with the facts (all in the public domain) about his sterling work for charity and his proven sympathy for those less fortunate than himself?

I hope that when he does f**k all by Christmas, you will concede he is as big a waste of money as RvW whom you also used to back in the forlorn hope he would come good despite all the evidence to the contrary.

He has little pace, little movement and his second touch is a tackle.

Would rather have Sibierski.

WCC - Not sure what you''re referring to, specifically, presumably the accusations of being greedy, which comes from the fact the move yesterday seems to have broken down due to personal terms, with the logical step from that being that sunderland wouldn''t pay what he wanted, therefore he is greedy. We''ll never know what the terms offered by sunderland were so who knows whether he''s greedy or they just offered him a crap deal.

His charity work is well documented, but unfortunately, most people commenting on the football forum will be commenting on his footballing contribution, or lack thereof to Norwich City, and the fact is people are pi$$ed off with him because he''s shyte and doesn''t try (or doesn''t appear to be - if that is him putting 100% into every game, then god knows how he made a career as a footballer).

LDC - when he has contributed f*** all to the club and is sold in January, losing the club several million pounds in the process, are we to assume you''ll be logging on to eat some humble pie?

KIO, Do you mean me by WCC handle? never thought, felt, implied ,suggested or insinuated that Naismith is greedy.

I have no idea how much that man eats.

I''d love you to be right, but going off what I''ve seen... 2 games he''s looked the player we thought, the rest no.

I hope....... He won''t be anywhere near the starting 11 for the Cardiff match. In his time here so far he has bought literally nothing to the table. Poor attitude backed up by bang average ability

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The idea that he puts no effort in reminds me of the way Snoddy was treated. In fact many of the criticisms of Naismith are the same the ones made about Snodgrass.[/quote]

Great comparison!!!! The NCFC fans sucked all confidence from him to the stage he couldn''t put a delivery in because he was so scared of the inevitable slaughtering he knew was coming...... Funny how good his delivery (and finishing) is at Hull with supportive fans!

LDC -  as your initials might suggest you''re certainly a friend of the '' Lame Duck Club ''. I do admire you for going out on a limb for these guys like RVW and Naismith but do they ever repay your loyalty ?Naismith has looked uncomfortable virtually since the day he arrived. A good first game against the Reds and another against Blackburn this season is about the sum total of what we have every right to expect on a much more regular basis. It took forever to sign him as it was suggested that he was stalling as he wanted to move to a northern club. All the evidence so far shows that he hasn''t settled here. His body language is all wrong and he looks as though he''s only going through the motions every time he steps onto the pitch.I''d be delighted to eat humble pie if he does suddenly produce the form we all thought he had but in reality is that likely to happen before he leaves us ?

westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 2016-09-01 11:48 PM:

The Naismith character assassination on here is a disgrace. How do people square their unfounded insinuations with the facts (all in the public domain) about his sterling work for charity and his proven sympathy for those less fortunate than himself?

Sorry WCC but what has the fact about his sterling work for charity and his empathy towards others got to do with his performances and playing for NCFC. The long suffering supporters of NCFC spend their (very) hard earned cash which assists in paying Naismiths salary - so a little more empathy towards those supporters would not go amiss coupled with a little more effort towards the cause, which in all honesty, certainly has not been worth the 8m+ paid out so far. As Lakey suggests, maybe matters will improve, but he did himself no favours at all yesterday in suggesting that his agent was talking to Sunderland in the first place. He was far to blase towards NCFC supporters, and should realise that. There is no place for mercenaries here et al Fer and one or two more that could be mentioned!

Don''t know if anyone on this board has ever had differing experiences of training in their every day jobs..... I have.

Example 1:

Training was constructive and supportive. If I made a mistake, we talked about it, I put it right

Example 2:

Trainer was impatient rude, constantly looking to pounce on me when I made a mistake. I was nervous, couldn''t think straight as I was so scared of making a mistake and lost my confidence in what was essentially a pretty easy job by my standards. I left the company.

These are both real examples of my experience. Money is irrelevant, it''s about how people mentally react under pressure.

Bring it back to football - how do we think jumping on Naismith and booing him every time he makes a mistake is beneficial for NCFC or him reaching his potential with us.

I''m amazed how our fans react sometimes without thinking about the outcome.

West Cork Canary - apologies for any confusion - I was responding to West COAST Canary in my post.

Cobain - he''s had 6 months grace where he has put in zero effort and consistently played poorly. As fans we have a right to expect better out of our 8million pound signing.

I totally understand the point you''re making, but if Naismith was getting it right then no-one would be on his case. If he even looked like he was trying then he''d probably find himself backed to the hilt like Wolfy was for a long period.

With due respect, Naismith has chosen a career where he is putting his performance up to scrutiny by thousands every week, I''m presuming you didn''t. If he can''t handle the small print of his job description, then I''m sorry but he is not mentally tough enough for a Championship battle anyway and is better off well away from the starting 11.

How do I think jumping on Naismith will be beneficial for NCFC? I think that eventually, it might actually convince AN to drop him, which is what he needs. It will either bring him down a peg or two and make him realise that he can''t keep his place on reputation alone. At that juncture he has two options - he will knuckle down and earn his spot back and start producing the goods to back up his generous salary and large transfer fee, or as I believe is more likely, he will not really be bothered and will f*** off in January to a lower half Prem team who are desperate. Either scenario is better than playing him perpetually when he''s in atrocious form, unbalancing the team, and reducing our ability to win games.

IwansBigToe wrote :-

''he is only interested in how much he is going to get paid''

''is quick to blame everyone but himself for a poor performance on the football field''

Explain yourself further with actual proof to back up your comments as I actually think you''re talking absolute dog shart as usual 👍

But if he''s all those things why would a lower half prem team buy him? A lower half prem team certainly wouldn''t buy RVW. But then a lower half prem team did buy Snoddy.
Perhaps all''s not what it seems....

I don''t think many would to be honest NN but with Moyes at Sunderland, I still think he''ll end up there, especially if they''re struggling by Jan. Hal Robson Kanu got picked up by West Brom on the back of one good cruyff turn at the Euros, despite being very poor for Reading by all accounts last season. Naismith has enough of a reputation and is a big enough name for someone to take a chance on him.

[quote user="kick it off"]West Cork Canary - apologies for any confusion - I was responding to West COAST Canary in my post.

Cobain - he''s had 6 months grace where he has put in zero effort and consistently played poorly. As fans we have a right to expect better out of our 8million pound signing.

I totally understand the point you''re making, but if Naismith was getting it right then no-one would be on his case. If he even looked like he was trying then he''d probably find himself backed to the hilt like Wolfy was for a long period.

With due respect, Naismith has chosen a career where he is putting his performance up to scrutiny by thousands every week, I''m presuming you didn''t. If he can''t handle the small print of his job description, then I''m sorry but he is not mentally tough enough for a Championship battle anyway and is better off well away from the starting 11.

How do I think jumping on Naismith will be beneficial for NCFC? I think that eventually, it might actually convince AN to drop him, which is what he needs. It will either bring him down a peg or two and make him realise that he can''t keep his place on reputation alone. At that juncture he has two options - he will knuckle down and earn his spot back and start producing the goods to back up his generous salary and large transfer fee, or as I believe is more likely, he will not really be bothered and will f*** off in January to a lower half Prem team who are desperate. Either scenario is better than playing him perpetually when he''s in atrocious form, unbalancing the team, and reducing our ability to win games.[/quote]

I take your point - personally think that best case scenario is Naismith performing - I respect your view but I''m not ready to give up on him yet; he was better at Everton than he''s shown so far at Norwich; I don''t buy the ''lost his legs'' argument.

Mulumbu is a prime example - looked lost last season, I think he''s a valuable member of the squad this season (to date).

Mulumbu is a perfect illustration to be fair - he has started performing and doesn''t get any stick. We didn''t have to build the team around him for him to start performing to an acceptable level, he wasn''t in the first team picture, and he just got on with it (and got fit again over the summer to be fair which was a large part of why he was so poor last year imo) and has worked himself into the matchday rotation.r

Naismith seems to have a divine right to start every week, regardless of form, and that needs knocking out of him. He is not above this league, and he is not too good to be playing in it, the sooner he realises that and gets on with it the better, as you state, but I can''t see it happening. I don''t think he has that level of commitment or discipline that Mulumbu has, Naismith''s demeanour on the pitch, and constant haranguing of everybody but himself indicates that if dropped, he would flounce off at the earliest opportunity.

[quote user="Alex "]IwansBigToe wrote :-

''is quick to blame everyone but himself for a poor performance on the football field''

Explain yourself further with actual proof to back up your comments as I actually think you''re talking absolute dog shart as usual 👍[/quote]

- He refused to move to Sunderland because they wouldn''t pay him enough.

- I''ve been to enough Norwich games since he signed to see him waving his arms like wacky waving inflatable arm flaling tube man because things haven''t gone his way.

NEXT!!!!!

Naismith is seemingly already cast as a villain, even though it is generally reckoned he wasn''t fit last season (and was dropped/subbed several times which kind of backs that up).  This season he has not yet produced great form, but then neither have the rest of the team.  Klose, Brady, Tettey, Howson....even Wes....have looked poor some of the time, yet Naismith takes the wrath of the crowd.....he is this season''s scapegoat.   He scored a good goal against Blackburn, showed some good touches and awareness in other games.....For me the jury is out on him.  Get the team functioning at full capacity and I believe we will see the best of Naismith, but until then he is going to be this season''s scapegoat.  I hope he can deal with that. We need him to.

I dislike the comparison between Snoddy and Naismith.

Snoddy was by far the best player in the Championship when we bought him and is a quality player whom I would have back tomorrow.

Naismith on the other hand has no quality whatsoever and is an overpaid mercenary who should be shipped out as soon as possible.

The comparison is the criticism of Naismith and Snoddy. Which in many cases is identical. I''m a huge fan of Snoddy and know those personal criticisms about his attitude were wide of the mark. I suspect the criticisms of Naismith''s attitude our also wide of the mark. What is in no doubt is that Snoddy produced on a regular basis what Naismith has failed to produce so far.