Sign in to follow this  
morty

I honestly think...

Theres someone I know who couldn''t even bear to come to the pub after, because he was so chewed up that we won.How screwed up is that?

You only need look back to the number of threads started after the Birmingham debacle and compare to last night''so lack of interest.

Even my ironic invocation of Smudger''s "3 goals needed if Martin plays" went down like a cup of cold sick.

I guess we need to remember that the majority of accounts on this board (not posters, accounts) are not Norwich City fans.

Fact is, and it''s not just us it happens across all football clubs, some people support a club to beat the crap out of it

The finishes from Murphy and jerome... Barely discussed. Barely. Even though they were fantastic finishes. Just slating a defence that has people playing out of position or lacking support from a midfield that is still taking shape.

Yeah, good one, hope beating Norwich 10-0 on FIFA with Barcelona last night makes you feel better.

Why have you got such a beef about Fifa Buh? It''s like every other post that you make a comment about it.Not having a go, just genuinely interested. It is possible for people to enjoy video games without making them some kind of ''anti-real football'' weirdo....[:^)] 

I don''t even want to get into it but FIFA is a crutch for people that know f£&@ all about football.

Seeing Buh''s point here.Football, for some people is no longer about actually going to games, its about the multimedia experience, rather than actual reality.

lowing post at 11/09/2016 11:47 AM:

Seeing Buh''s point here.

"Football, for some people is no longer about actually going to games, its about the multimedia experience, rather than actual reality."

I think this is right, it''s a weird world we live in!

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/14322695_10153749372895877_871624092869220447_n_zpsr1vra8r7.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/14322695_10153749372895877_871624092869220447_n_zpsr1vra8r7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]But surely some people use the media as a continuation of the experience rather than a replacement?[/quote]No issue with that at all.But some people really do get the balance wrong, and rely on multimedia as a base for their opinions.

"Football, for some people is no longer about actually going to games, its about the multimedia experience, rather than actual reality."

This is a very generalised and elitist attitude for people who can get to games easily and those who can''t.  The infirm old, those who can''t afford it, those who live away, sometimes right across the world, are all going to get the majority of their NCFC fix from multi- media.    That is the times we live in and it allows those people with less access to games, to be more closely involved in the club they have supported all their lives.  There is nothing weird about that and should be welcomed.  If anyone''s beef is about people who only come on here when things are bad, or even only when they are good, well you get negative and positive people talking about NCFC whether they go to matches or not.  Judging from some of the behaviour I''ve seen and heard at the occasional  match I can get to there is just as much delusion there about what is real and what isn''t. It takes all sorts to make a world and while the more obnoxious people can get online and put their own brand of negativity or poison out there, there are far more people who are decent that more than counter balances that. Give and take is the thing. Live and let live.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Lakey making the thread all about him, didn''t see that coming....[/quote]Poor Morty, sometimes I feel sorry for you.

[/quote]Whatever gets you through your day fella.[:)]

Even watching football on the tv is better than FIFA at least it''s actually happening.

Go and watch gorleston or Norwich United for 2 quid or whatever gain some perspective of real football is what I''m asking.

There are kids that are coming through that find actual football boring but love FIFA. That''s worrying.

To claim to know a player or a team based on its statistics in a computer game just annoys me. You don''t know a players temperament you don''t know his character there''s no stat for instinct or respect to the fans. There''s no algorithm for when you see that spark or bit of skill in a player and you mentally note that down.

[quote user="Buh"]Even watching football on the tv is better than FIFA at least it''s actually happening.

Go and watch gorleston or Norwich United for 2 quid or whatever gain some perspective of real football is what I''m asking.

There are kids that are coming through that find actual football boring but love FIFA. That''s worrying.

To claim to know a player or a team based on its statistics in a computer game just annoys me. You don''t know a players temperament you don''t know his character there''s no stat for instinct or respect to the fans. There''s no algorithm for when you see that spark or bit of skill in a player and you mentally note that down.[/quote]Indeed, some idiots even proclaim a player has a bad attitude, and is disrespectful to his team mates, based on no actual facts whatsoever.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Lakey making the thread all about him, didn''t see that coming....[/quote]Poor Morty, sometimes I feel sorry for you. [/quote]Whatever gets you through your day fella.[:)][/quote]

No bother, it only lasts an instant, then I turn my attention to something worthwhile.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Lakey making the thread all about him, didn''t see that coming....[/quote]Poor Morty, sometimes I feel sorry for you. [/quote]Whatever gets you through your day fella.[:)][/quote]

No bother, it only lasts an instant, then I turn my attention to something worthwhile.

[/quote]Like I said, whatever gets you through the day.[:)]

[quote user="Buh"]Even watching football on the tv is better than FIFA at least it''s actually happening.

To claim to know a player or a team based on its statistics in a computer game just annoys me. You don''t know a players temperament you don''t know his character there''s no stat for instinct or respect to the fans. There''s no algorithm for when you see that spark or bit of skill in a player and you mentally note that down.[/quote]Again, that''s a pretty sweeping statement. Not everyone who plays football games thinks like that. It''s also a control thing. Some people enjoy the feeling of taking control over something they enjoy.

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Buh"]Even watching football on the tv is better than FIFA at least it''s actually happening.

To claim to know a player or a team based on its statistics in a computer game just annoys me. You don''t know a players temperament you don''t know his character there''s no stat for instinct or respect to the fans. There''s no algorithm for when you see that spark or bit of skill in a player and you mentally note that down.[/quote]Again, that''s a pretty sweeping statement. Not everyone who plays football games thinks like that. It''s also a control thing. Some people enjoy the feeling of taking control over something they enjoy.

[/quote]Nothing wrong with it per say, but there are people who genuinely base their opinions on it.