Sign in to follow this  
ViewfromtheJarrold

Russell Martin - MOM - What a joke!

[quote user="Diane"]I thought he had a decent game as a make shift left back, always does his best which is all we can ask for.

Give the guy a break, he''s one of the good guys[/quote]I''m eager to know who the bad guys are Diane [;)]

I have to say that although he played OK , he was the captain and at two set pieces he was very much a part of a complete amateur defence that looked more Sunday League than Champs.

So very hard to see how he and not one of the attack or midfield did not get award.

RM will never be a solid CB as he really can not challenge effectively in the air. Dropping Bennett again must make it clear he will never be first choice under AN

Makes me laugh.

Apparently the two best central defenders at the club are Bennett and Klose.

This means if Martin is on the pitch the goals we concede are his fault. Despite both having involved headers from players he wasn''t marking whilst having our two best defenders at CB.

Also worth noting some folk on twatter were suggesting that Bennett should start because he is much better in the air.

When you defend a set piece it''s a team effort. If a player doesn''t go with his man then you can point the finger.

For me though, I am not convinced by McGovern, he lacks height, strength and physicality on Ruddy and really struggled to come out and make any of those highballs, other than a couple, into his six yard box his.