Sign in to follow this  
ViewfromtheJarrold

Russell Martin - MOM - What a joke!

How an earth did RM get MOM! Jesus how embarrassing is that! The bloke was average all game and gets MOM.

Pinto Dorrans Klose must look at that and wonder what goes on in the mind of some people.

RM should not be in our team - simple.

Most of his passes were crap and he defended like a schoolboy!

Gobsmacked that he got MOM

Shouldn''t you be playing against Norwich on FIFA with tears in your eyes buddayyyyy?

It''s absolutely shocking, you''d have thought not only did he play out of position but also scored a crucial goal, disgraceful!

Simon Lappin, a professional footballer who played with Russ for several years said he''s a true leader and amazing professional. And he''s certainly been a fantastic servant for us.

Then you get a prat like viewfromthejarrold coming to slag him off straight after the game. Pathetic stuff.

Have you really not got anything better to be enraged by than a bloke you dont know getting a bottle of champagne you dont feel he deserved?

Loooool, RM covers at left back and some wag says he shouldn''t be in team.

I know that being a binner means logic isn''t your strong point though. How''s your super striker, number 9, Leon Best getting on?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Simon Lappin, a professional footballer who played with Russ for several years said he''s a true leader and amazing professional. And he''s certainly been a fantastic servant for us.

Then you get a prat like viewfromthejarrold coming to slag him off straight after the game. Pathetic stuff.[/quote]

To be fair, listening to Simon Lappin, you would think Russell Martin was the single greatest footballer to walk this earth...

First name on the team sheet he said...

I know, first name on the team sheet!?! Ridiculous - shouldn''t even be a professional footballer, let alone in the squad. What on Earth do Simon Lappin, Paul Lambert, Gordon Strachan or Alex Neil know about footbal?

He wouldn''t have been my choice but thought he had a decent game playing in an unfamiliar position and also scored so can see why he would be in the running.

Are you sure you''re cant see the good things he does because you''re blinkered by your bias against him?

MOTM is picked by the prawn sandwich brigade in the match sponsors box from a list suggested to them.

It''s not integral to the match day experience for me and doesn''t earn the team any more points or goals.

Hope this helps.

Is it the most

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]He wouldn''t have been my choice but thought he had a decent game playing in an unfamiliar position and also scored so can see why he would be in the running.

Are you sure you''re cant see the good things he does because you''re blinkered by your bias against him?[/quote]

I hope he starts LB next game, I am fed up of Brady being played there - let''s hope he''s fit so can play wide left with Murphy on the right

Was surprised Bennett was dropped to play Martin at CB though

[quote user="Ian"]Loooool, RM covers at left back and some wag says he shouldn''t be in team.

I know that being a binner means logic isn''t your strong point though. How''s your super striker, number 9, Leon Best getting on?[/quote]
Haha! [:D]
The OP has consistently had an issue with RM so the post is nothing surprising.
RM had a great game considering he''s been out injured etc and ended up having to play 75 minutes out of position.
Hoping he''ll start CB against Wigan - I have a big gripe with Ryan Bennett and it''s that for all his solid defensive work in the air, whenever it''s his job to distribute the ball he''ll look to smash it up the pitch rather than play the simple pass.

Seeing as it has had a mention - Lappin and Martin are very good friends. It did amuse me when they asked KOS about Russ on the radio.

[quote user="GJP"]Seeing as it has had a mention - Lappin and Martin are very good friends. It did amuse me when they asked KOS about Russ on the radio.[/quote]
I think irrespective of their friendship you''d have done well to get anything different said...on both a professional level and on the basis Lappin only really confirmed what several other players at, or who have been at the club, have said about Russ.

Played well all game and had a lot to do 2nd half when virtually all Cardiff attacks came from that right side. Dorrans played ok as did Pinto. Wes  dipped in and out, .so a fair choice for me.

To all the Russell Martin Haters. Would rather have 11 of his dedication to the likes of Lafferty and Naismith

PS Nice to see Naismith has found his vocation

SUB to the SUBS

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]Amazed by the Russ Martin love in! Most of his passes were misplaced and the great goal you RM loving morons are going on about was not his goal!!!!![/quote]
Really? An 80% pass completion rate would make your comment....a load of boll*cks [:)]
Oh, and before the next comment. The only defender with a higher pass percentage than Martin was Klose (Bennett, Brady and Pinto all had a lower pass success %).

Hoola Han Solo diminishes his questionable viewpoint by needing to resort to personal insults directed at the OP. Try to show some respect if you want some in return.

I am amazed by the support RM has on this board, far greater by proportion than appears to be the case in the ground. His record in the opponents box (for corners etc.) is pretty good but for the main part of the job, his defending is abysmal. And in no area does this apply more than at CB. When I heard today that he was starting alongside Klose, I assumed Bennett had picked up a training injury. To then see that he was on the bench meant that he had been delivered the biggest blow to his confidence imaginable, considered a poorer CB than Russell Martin.

I can only agree with the OP, that MOM for RM is a joke but the fact that he was in the starting line-up is a bigger one.

I struggle to understand the attitude bordering on contempt by some towards martin. He is what he is an honest guy who cost us £250 000 and is now in his 8th season at the club. We all know rb not cb is his best position and he struggles in the pl unless deployed like lambert did in an attacking throw the kitchen sink at you style. He is very capable at championship level. A very loyal club man deserves a bit more respect

I think cb is his best position but I also think he''s not the type of player many fans like to see at cb. Ryan Bennett is that type of player. We didn''t really get a chance to see today. Typical of him that he gave a great shift at lb.

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]How an earth did RM get MOM! Jesus how embarrassing is that! The bloke was average all game and gets MOM.

Pinto Dorrans Klose must look at that and wonder what goes on in the mind of some people.

RM should not be in our team - simple.

Most of his passes were crap and he defended like a schoolboy!

Bloody hell, who took the jam out your doughnut son?

Gobsmacked that he got MOM[/quote]

"Hoola Han Solo diminishes his questionable viewpoint by needing to resort to personal insults directed at the OP. Try to show some respect if you want some in return."

Yet you start by resorting to personal insults at me? The irony meter has been well and truly broken. The only reason you took offence is because you''re one of them fans who has no memory of all the good years Russ had with us and have a weird agenda whereby you gleefully pick up on all his mistakes yet completely ignore all his good points.