Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

will grigg

We should get to see him play for Wigan on Tuesday night. 4 goals already this season in a poor side building on his league 1 goals last season. For me a good and realistic January target and probably cheaper than many of the other names bandied about. Just needs a bigger and better club to give him a chance.

No way will Wigan let him go for less than 10 million, especially if he keeps scoring.

Like many other strikers we''ve been linked with I wouldn''t mind him here but not at even half of these stupid asking prices

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Somebody suggested Hogan at Brentford during the summer and he is worth checking out too.[/quote]

Hogan is a talent, watching his directness reminds me of Huckerby.

Scored a few at the bank end of last year and started well this year. I can see he being in demand during the next window.

Don''t see the point of considering strikers (or any players for that matter) without first determining that they would actually fit in with the style of football AN intends us to play. Grigg is scoring goals, but would he score goals in our team? Would he even start in our team? Would he want to come if he could see that his most likely role would be as an impact sub late on when we needed a goal? I haven''t see much of Grigg so I don''t know the answer to any of these questions. My point is they need asking before suggesting names.

Yes I agree with that to a point it still hasn''t stopped us getting about 5 players who can cover the hoolahan type role. Last time in the championship the manager often did play two strikers. We were supposed to have enquired about Rhodes and he definitely cannot be deployed as a sole striker. My main point really is in the 40 odd years since we first got to the top flight our best striker purchases have by and large been from smaller less fashionable clubs eg cross drinkell Ashton ward and holt

hogan was one of our targets but as well known we had no money but if we had of offloaded / raised money we would have been bidding for him

we knew the price we had to pay etc and contact had been made