Sign in to follow this  
Craig Brown

TEAM SELECTION VS QPR

Well after a poor display from Norwich City''s first half showing against Luton. It is quite clear that the defence and midfield need sorting out. At the heart of Norwichs defence their will be no Davenport so we have an issue on our hands. UNLESS Fleming recovers from the flu. Then i am not quite sure on who Worthington would choose to partner Doherty. Now if i was in Worthingtons position i''d play either Jurgen Colin in Right central defence or i would theirs the other option of playing Simon Charlton in the Left central defence position. Now the way to look at this for me is that Colin has been a first team regular all season so i therefore would partner him alongside Doherty, all which would open the door again for the return of Louis-Jean at right back. Even by doing this Simon Charlton could be a contender to play at Left Back. Again Worthington has an issue does he play Brennan again at Left Back or does he go with Simon Charlton who while he has been at Norwich has played more at Left Back than Jim Brennan, so looking at that from that perspective i would play Simon Charlton at Left Back.

I feel that when you compare Simon Charlton to Jason Jarrett then the logical choice would be to play Jarrett in central midfield. So for central midfield i''d go with Jarrett and Hughes, UNLESS Marney returns to the picture. So if this were the case then i''d opt to play Marney and Hughes as our 2 central midfielders. As for the likes of Ian Henderson i feel that he deserves to start again following an reasonable display against Luton, after all he was MAN OF THE MATCH for Norwich coming so close with his effort that hit the bar. So these are possibilitys for our central midfield. I think that we are most likely though to see Jarrett and Hughes in midfield, as i think tomorrows game will come to soon for Marney.

Well upfront again is another issue. Does Worthington give the nod for Jarvis to take his chance with his great header against Luton ?. Well thinking about I personally feel that McVeigh should start. And my reason for this is because that although Jarvis scored his goal i don''t think that he would have a good enough effect on games. Remember the game against Northampton Jarvis went missing in that game, Jarvis produces moments of what he can do, but he doesn''t get run a round enough doesn''t really try and take people on or find space for himself, Whereas McVeigh will drop off link up well with our midfield and get involved, creating chances for others. If Ryan Jarvis wants to become a regular in Norwich''s team then i think he needs to play 90 mins and show what hes all about. Needs more games for me to prove himself. Ryan Jarvis has potential but must work harder and be more of a threat to teams in order to do himself justice.

MY TEAM TO FACE QPR 4-4-2

R.GREEN

LOUIS-JEAN    COLIN    DOHERTY    CHARLTON

HENDERSON    JARRETT    HUGHES   HUCKERBY

&nbs

After spending 2 hours in the pouring rain at Colney yesterday morning with XXL16 and Gazza I would expect the line up to be something like this.

Green

Colin    Flem     Doc      Brennan

Hendo   Marney   Hooze    Hucks

Ashton     Jarvis

Subs: Ward Charlton JJ Mcveigh Rossi Jarvis

Flem has got over his man cold so would expect him to start.

Shacks and Leon were doing light jogging around the pitch and Shacks said he should be back in full training in about 10 days.

So that should put an end to all the Leon speculation, even saw him in the dinner room after training and he was larking about with the rest of the lads.

Drury was having intensive treatment but doesn''t know how long he will be out. Thorne was in full training and Marney looked fit enough to play. Charlton left early perhaps as a precaution? 

Going for 2-2 draw.