Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Predictions for Wigan?

Good news on the Brady and Olsson front, though i think he might save Brady, and maybe Oliveira on the bench, i''m thinking 2-0 Jerome and Canos ( to come on as a sub and score) with a clean sheet to celebrate, views ?

6-0. High pressing, attacking line up, goals galore. Jerome hat trick, Oliveira to come on and score three in the second half. Scunthorpe all over again. The first time we will have clicked since the Blackburn game and long overdue.

If AN picks a "young" team able to move the ball quickly and also to shoot from distance, (Maddison has gone of course), then I''ll go for 3-0. Otherwise if its the slow, slow cross-field passing set then I''ll go for 1-0 or 2-1.

I think wigan will have a tough season but will cause an upset or two along the way.

Just two starting changes for me, Pritchard in for a rested for Sat Wes and Olsson in for Brady, who is protected on the bench, pointless risking both getting a reoccurence given no cover at left back. Bennett back on the bench, with Canos, whittaker & Oliveira replacing lafferty, bassong and mulumbu.

I predict that AN will shout too much. This will result in upsetting all the players, Wigan will Nick a 1-0 and there will be a loud chorus of boos at the end.

Wigan have so far managed to score in every away game, including a thrilling 4-3 away at forest which was only decided in the 93rd min.
There will be plenty of goals tonight I feel for both teams and I''m going for a 2-2 draw, our attack is potent but our defence is sloppy to say the least.

Playing Whitakker and failing to get a win will begin again neil doesn''t know what he''s doing. Learn''t his lesson with Naismith. Prichard must start for jaded Wes. Jacob and Canos to start on flanks , Howson to start behind Prichard not wasted wide right. Bennet to start at CB. But this Alex Neil selecting the team so expect tinkering.

It seems whenever we have two home games that should on paper seem relative bankers we manage to c0ck one up. With that in mind 1-1 for me, Wigan to score first.😔

3-0

For 76 minutes, then 2 quick goals for Wigan and wet knickers for everyone for the last 10 minutes before a wondergoal from Martin.

4-2 full time.