Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

Well done to the job share Murphys

Yes - I was going to post something similar Curious and you beat me to it.

Great cross from Jacob for the first and a good corner for the second. And a superb goal from Josh.

Good to see them making a mark. I think they will continue to be great assets this season

Or indeed have we switched them at half-time without anyone realising.

When they''re on the pitch

We don''t know which is which...

:)

Are there really two of them? Has anyone seen them both on the pitch at once?

excellent progress from the boys

Alex may get a lot of abuse but he has handled them well since he has been manager

and if they carry on for the rest of the season like this your talking 10m+ players going by the new market inflation

[quote user="Paul101"]excellent progress from the boys

Alex may get a lot of abuse but he has handled them well since he has been manager

and if they carry on for the rest of the season like this your talking 10m+ players going by the new market inflation[/quote]

Try telling that to Reading!

Both progressing well, didn''t realise they we''re as flexible. With Ja being right winger and Jo left sided. Jo crossed from the left for opener and Ja scored with his right for winner. Hope Ja cameo gives him confidence that seemed missing from earlier performances and both befome firm fixtures.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Although they both had good games, let''s not forget they probably lost the ball more then any other player. [/quote]

Which is fair enough, they''re young lads learning their trade - they will only get better and better with our support and encouragement. Delighted for the pair of them 👍

This is one thing i agree with AN on, they will make mistakes but they need our support and encouragement if we want them to develop and progress. Giving them a hard time when they get it wrong is counterproductive.

They''re attacking players who take on opponents and try for goal, rather than doing the safe pass across or back.  That''s a higher risk of losing possession but it''s also how you score.  Experience is how they''ll get better at it and both have made a really impressive start to the season.

It''s got to be tempting to swap them at half-time without saying anything though...

I love the Murphy boys, both are progressing nicely, Jacob had a good game and what a goal from Josh, plus they are two of our own.

No adverse comments from anyone sitting near me in the South Stand, on the contrary, everyone was getting behind them.

[quote user="Diane"]I love the Murphy boys, both are progressing nicely, Jacob had a good game and what a goal from Josh, plus they are two of our own.

No adverse comments from anyone sitting near me in the South Stand, on the contrary, everyone was getting behind them.[/quote]The story on the pinkun today surprised me a bit, I haven''t heard people getting on their backs either.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Diane"]I love the Murphy boys, both are progressing nicely, Jacob had a good game and what a goal from Josh, plus they are two of our own.

No adverse comments from anyone sitting near me in the South Stand, on the contrary, everyone was getting behind them.[/quote]The story on the pinkun today surprised me a bit, I haven''t heard people getting on their backs either.[/quote]You can''t have been to many matches this season then.  The Sheff Wed and Bristol city matches there was quite a bit of moaning and groaning at Josh. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Diane"]I love the Murphy boys, both are progressing nicely, Jacob had a good game and what a goal from Josh, plus they are two of our own.

No adverse comments from anyone sitting near me in the South Stand, on the contrary, everyone was getting behind them.[/quote]The story on the pinkun today surprised me a bit, I haven''t heard people getting on their backs either.[/quote]You can''t have been to many matches this season then.  The Sheff Wed and Bristol city matches there was quite a bit of moaning and groaning at Josh. 

[/quote]I wish I was as great a fan as you[:(]

Both Murphy''s have displayed poor ball retention & a lack of awareness as to what needs to happen in general play. Hardly surprising as they''re still learning the game. I have tutted, but never any more. In any case, look at their goal contribution - they both like to hit the back of the net which given our lack of strikers is rather useful right now. As AN points out, they are going to be special players - with our support, that process can be accelerated...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Diane"]I love the Murphy boys, both are progressing nicely, Jacob had a good game and what a goal from Josh, plus they are two of our own.

No adverse comments from anyone sitting near me in the South Stand, on the contrary, everyone was getting behind them.[/quote]The story on the pinkun today surprised me a bit, I haven''t heard people getting on their backs either.[/quote]You can''t have been to many matches this season then.  The Sheff Wed and Bristol city matches there was quite a bit of moaning and groaning at Josh.  [/quote]I wish I was as great a fan as you[:(][/quote]I wish...no,let''s not go there.

No job share tonight - just two more goals for Jacob.

Also really good to see that he had to grit his teeth and battle through when he looked to be injured/suffering from cramp in the second half. All very good experience!!