Sign in to follow this  
morty

Mick Dennis article.

Crafty Canary wrote the following post at 2016-09-13 2:18 AM:

Another article from the Supreme and Great Leaders'' PR guru.

Exactly this CC. A retired sports reporter who used to write for the Sun, Mirror, and Express, as well as report for Sky TV. Need anyone say any more!!!!

There''s no denying that Everton are a more attractive proposition but Kenwright and smith, as owners are cut from the same cloth.

Similar values, both at clubs with a lot of involvement in the community, "poor" millionaires.....

Kenwright has realised that he was unable to compete with the oligarcs and Chinese. It was a huge burden for to let it go. But he has. Same with Jenkins.

"City 2nd"

Crafty Canary wrote the following post at 2016-09-13 2:18 AM:

Another article from the Supreme and Great Leaders'' PR guru.

Exactly this CC. A retired sports reporter who used to write for the Sun, Mirror, and Express, as well as report for Sky TV. Need anyone say any more!!!!

He was a professional journalist. What''s your point?

Not sure why some of you are getting so irate

All this was public knowledge pretty much?

I''d be intrigued to see which bits you think he''s lied about and how significant they are

This is all utterly laughable.

I mean if you don''t agree with Mick has said then say why.

"Because he is close to the club." Doesn''t disprove anything he has said, it may suggest that he has an opionion but it doesn''t prevent the facts he presents from being true.

As Nutty and Purple have already said - these imaginary investors they have rebuffed - if a formal offer had been made it would more or less had to have been made public due to informing shareholders. That''s not happened.

More or less everything else he talks about can be referenced by archant articles reporting information at the time or the clubs annual financial report.

It baffles me that in these days of technology and ease of access to such documents that people refuse to reference them and insist on holding to an opinion without any weight to it. And are prepared to insult oothers for providing supporting evidence.

No wonder our country is going to pot, politics and opinions based upon the out-shouting/insulting someone like the Daily Mail rather than people actually asking what the facts are to make an informed decision seems to be something of the past.

Dick Mennis is to Delia and MWJ what Alistair Campbell was to Tony Blair I.e. Very able at spinning the issues and dissembling details that confuse and obscure. Hence me stating that it is not a matter of right or wrong although Morty seems to want to ignore this.

I find it quite sad that some people have such a chip on their shoulder about the majority shareholders.  Unable to accept obvious truths and trying to find any way to denigrate the ownership of the club.   It can only be because they are jealous of them for some reason.  Some people hate anyone that has a bit of money and power.   As for Mick Dennis, he actually seems quite reasonable for a journalist that used to write for tabloids.  Could it be he is actually being honest?   [:O]

If he wasn''t such an actual fan of the club (attending home and away games) then words from a journo, could be viewed with a shot of cynicism, but he has more knowledge than anyone on here, and can , rightly, be questioned, but NOBODY is coming up with counter reasons.

You get the impression, that if Delia came on here, and passed comment on finances etc, that she would be disbelieved.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Dick Mennis is to Delia and MWJ what Alistair Campbell was to Tony Blair I.e. Very able at spinning the issues and dissembling details that confuse and obscure. Hence me stating that it is not a matter of right or wrong although Morty seems to want to ignore this.[/quote]Which details has he dissembled? How has he obscured anything? Which bits are confusing. Which bits has he spun?These and other questions raised by Crafty Canary should be answered, but by whom?

There''s not really anything new in what he says. 
Personally? Not a fan of the bloke but essentially all he''s doing here is repeating facts (as far as we can be sure based on information thats been in the public domain for the last 10 years) that seemingly some had forgotten. When similar stuff was reported at the time of the events people seemed relatively happy to believe it then?

I don''t know Mick Dennis so can''t comment about his honesty/dishonesty like many of you. But it would help to know what he is supposed to have fabricated in this article, or indeed previous ones, in order for me to decide.

Oh you poor dears. I prefer independent assessments not those from the assessed''s PR people. If you''re happy to take the PR assessment as totally unbiased then good luck to you all. I don''t and am not going to justify that any further to the ar$e shiners on here.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Oh you poor dears. I prefer independent assessments not those from the assessed''s PR people. If you''re happy to take the PR assessment as totally unbiased then good luck to you all. I don''t and am not going to justify that any further to the ar$e shiners on here.[/quote]

How do you know that the assessments are independent?

[quote user="morty"]Starting to feel like Delia outers just tripping over their bottom lips, NN......[/quote]

What exactly is a ''Delia Outer''

As for Mick Dennis, who else can remember his stanch defense of Glenn Roeder in the days before and after his sacking?

I''m sure its been raised on here multiple times in the past

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="morty"]Starting to feel like Delia outers just tripping over their bottom lips, NN......[/quote]

What exactly is a ''Delia Outer''

As for Mick Dennis, who else can remember his stanch defense of Glenn Roeder in the days before and after his sacking?

I''m sure its been raised on here multiple times in the past[/quote]Listen carefully, I''ll explain.Its someone who wants Delia out.Hope this helps[Y]

Morty/nutty

The point of all of this is that the Stowmarket 2 got the club into a position where it nearly went bust. They struck it lucky with Lambert to get theM out of the hole.

That said having to pay off the huge debt they built up has hindered the club ever since

All roads lead to their poor ownership. It''s sad but it''s the truth

So you are grouping everybody who doesn''t agree with your opinion together?

So your deliberately trying to divide fans?

I''m glad its as simple as being a case of wanting Delia in or out in your eyes...

I think I have got the hang of this now. If Mick Dennis writes something that fits in with Crafty''s view of what happened, or his opinions, and particularly if it takes credit away from Smth and Jones and gives it to pretty much anyone else, such as the notion that it was Bowkett who negotiated the deal with our lenders, then that is totally reliable and can be taken as absolute confirmation of whatever it was Crafty claimed.* Anything else Dennis says, particularly if it even remotely shows Smith and Jones in a good light, is biased PR spin and can safely be dismissed as such.*See page four of this thread.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]So you are grouping everybody who doesn''t agree with your opinion together?

So your deliberately trying to divide fans?

I''m glad its as simple as being a case of wanting Delia in or out in your eyes...[/quote]Try and analyse Crafty''s stance here, and tell me what you think drives it.