Sign in to follow this  
morty

Mick Dennis article.

Thanks for that Morty, superb.

Absolutely right Fuzzar :)

Best bit of that (well the bit that made me snigger the most) was golden boy Matt Holland................

As you said Morty, Very interesting.

Sometimes we need to see our situation broken down like that to fully understand what is happening. Granted - this is just one mans story, but Mick Dennis is widely regarded as reliable, so I have no reason to doubt him.

A note of interest, though - that when speaking of people coming to buy the club, he makes no mention of Tony Fernandes - the owner of QPR who many thought wanted to come to Norwich before them

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"]As you said Morty, Very interesting.

Sometimes we need to see our situation broken down like that to fully understand what is happening. Granted - this is just one mans story, but Mick Dennis is widely regarded as reliable, so I have no reason to doubt him.

A note of interest, though - that when speaking of people coming to buy the club, he makes no mention of Tony Fernandes - the owner of QPR who many thought wanted to come to Norwich before them[/quote]I''m guessing he never made a formal bid. Or maybe people made more of his interest than there actually was.

Unfortunately for Mick, as can be seen in a couple of his replies, is that he is seen as too close to the hierarchy and he is automatically pooh-poohed. Shame really as his stuff is normally inteesting to read.

[quote user="Herman"]Unfortunately for Mick, as can be seen in a couple of his replies, is that he is seen as too close to the hierarchy and he is automatically pooh-poohed. Shame really as his stuff is normally inteesting to read.[/quote]

seems to me that the (two?) chris characters commenting just come across as people who want to be able to moan.

I agree with most of what he writes. But the investor bit rankles me, so quick to dismiss the lack of interest as "people learning that football is a bottomless money pit" and yet plenty of clubs other than ours are getting wealthy owners. We can''t rely on Delia forever so what IS the long term plan?

[quote user="Herman"]Unfortunately for Mick, as can be seen in a couple of his replies, is that he is seen as too close to the hierarchy and he is automatically pooh-poohed. Shame really as his stuff is normally inteesting to read.[/quote]That''s the problem when you''re well in with the owners. I''ve never known him write anything remotely critical about how things are conducted at Carrow Rd.He''s a decent enough bloke but there''s always that conflict of interest when you''re good friends with someone and have to toe the line all the time

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I agree with most of what he writes. But the investor bit rankles me, so quick to dismiss the lack of interest as "people learning that football is a bottomless money pit" and yet plenty of clubs other than ours are getting wealthy owners. We can''t rely on Delia forever so what IS the long term plan?[/quote]Investors don''t want a well run club, they want a club desperate for money, or desperate to get rid of existing debt, so they can drive a harder bargain in buying their way in.This is especially true if the prospective buyer has no connections, or love for the club.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I agree with most of what he writes. But the investor bit rankles me, so quick to dismiss the lack of interest as "people learning that football is a bottomless money pit" and yet plenty of clubs other than ours are getting wealthy owners. We can''t rely on Delia forever so what IS the long term plan?[/quote]If there isn''t an outside investor suitable, then presumably the long term plan is as it is now - to stay solvent, live within our means and carry on.  If the top forty clubs all end up with big investors and we don''t, we live in the world we live in and do the best we can.  There are precious few clubs that live within their means - but it is something to be proud of and long may it continue.

Interesting, but I would contend the following statement:

"We are not as well-placed as we were when we were relegated in May 14."

We now have much more value in the squad than then.

Snodgrass, Fer and Surman were our main sales, whilst Redmond was later to fetch £10m (and Johnson a fluked £6m.) This time the combined value of Brady, Klose and dare I say Naismith amongst others would amount to far more than the 2014 squad and probably £25m+. whilst the likes of Olsson and Howson will now likely be worth a lot more and a few youngsters are riper.

Even raking into account inflated prices this single fact is highly significant in the context of the whole article.

Whilst it is an opinion piece, there are also facts there.So do people think he''s lying, just because he knows our club''s owners on a social level?

i remember after QPR ??? game once he said something on twitter but something completely different in the paper since that day ? take it all with a pinch of salt

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i remember after QPR ??? game once he said something on twitter but something completely different in the paper since that day ? take it all with a pinch of salt[/quote]

can someone run this through google translate for me please?

The part about not having a choice about paying our debts and how basically a star-aligning miracle took place to save our football club is something that should be made far more public.

McNally, bowkett those guys and basically saved the football club and while we deal with the decisions made we are a far far stronger football club and still poised for greatness in my eyes.

I think its a well written article which answers a lot of questions that people have had recently.

Just because he knows the owners that doesn''t make the information any less credible and I''m sure that some of that info is available online anyway if people wanted to research it.

The suggestion that the money was owed, and paid back , to the Banks is a curious one. And for one so independent on the one hand, to then be attempting to broker a deal with Sullivan is equally odd.

Has obviously forgotten about the great Finidi George too.....

NEWSFLASH!!!! Shock as Delia''s mate says "she''s doing a great job"!In other News Pyongyang declare Kim Jong Un as "Greatest world leader of all time"!

[quote] user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"]

The suggestion that the money was owed, and paid back , to the Banks is a curious one. And for one so independent on the one hand, to then be attempting to broker a deal with Sullivan is equally odd.

Has obviously forgotten about the great Finidi George too.....

[/quote]

Not that curious, it was known when we were promoted. I posted this yesterday on another thread.TIL 1010 wroteBefore the

line that i am gloating and enjoying this is trotted out nothing could

be further from the truth as it is tragic that our finances are not as

rosy as some assumed with four out of the last five years spent in the

footballing land of milk and honey.

A Load of Squit wroteNot

that tragic when you consider that the first two years were used to pay

back the loans that were renegotiated when we went into L1.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]NEWSFLASH!!!! Shock as Delia''s mate says "she''s doing a great job"!In other News Pyongyang declare Kim Jong Un as "Greatest world leader of all time"!

[/quote]What parts do you disagree with?Do you have any facts to counter with at all?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Fernandes was indeed interested but you cannot buy what isn''t for sale.

Been some more interest recently . But the door is firmly shut.[/quote]As a fan, would you sell Norwich City, if you owned it?