Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

How long do you give Alex Neil?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Never mind the manager, I think the question we all want answered is - are you the real Glenn Medeiros?[/quote]The real question we all want answered is - when will he change his name - again.........[/quote]Who was he before?[/quote]Can''t find this one. One of several I''ve missed. [:(]

Sure we won, and sit in a healthy league postion. But we''ve had a relatively easy start, we''ve not played a top side yet.

I am concerned. If we picked our strongest 11 and stuck to it I feel we have more than enough to dominate this league, but either AN is reluctant to do it, or simply can''t work it out.

Brady, Pritchard and Wes need to be playing week in week out.

How many of the teams in this league are "top" sides though?Newcastle if they maintain the momentum they seem to be building and...I don''t see anyone else who we should be afraid of or worry if we''ll get a result against them. Some good sides, of course-but ''top'' ones? Not that many, surely?

Personally would like to see him go now, especially if we can get Bruce in. Another poor performance tonight against another terrible championship side. We won''t keep scraping results. Have no confidence in Neil getting the best out of this squad, he has seemed lost now for a long time. Despite our decent league position i don''t think the players are really playing for him. Still get the impression something isn''t right in the dressing room. Unfortunately I can see a few more Birmingham style thumpings around the corner.

Dreadful tonight. Deserved to lose and should have done. If there were any scruples in football we''d contact the FA and give the points to Wigan.

Another defeat on Saturday and he''s got to go.

I really do wish some of our fans would go and watch another sport that they actually understand! 4th place, early in the season and people want Neil gone - ridiculous!!!!

As I said on another post, performances will come, it''s about pacing yourself, peaking at the right time during the season. Have some bloody patience given our results please!!! Some fans would ruin this club if they were in charge!?

Old Shuck wrote the following post at 2016-09-11 2:25 PM:

So you''d add to that financial burden by sacking the Manager and paying up his, Frankie Mac and probably Irvines cotracts in full as a result of that as well as possibly paying out compensation to another club for his replacement? Because if entertaining football is your remit, you won''t want Bruce.

Well, would you term what AN''s team is entertaining in any way shape or form. Wigan are/were woeful, as their league position suggests and yet they dominated possession and play for long periods, and were unlucky in the end to leave without points. There is no balance to the sides that AN picks, it''s a case of square pegs in round holes once again - and as for Pritchard, what has happened. Another promising player looking already ruined! And I don''t think the club will be paying Irvine off. Neil and his sidekick yes, but I would suggest Irvine will be the next manager of our woeful club, because although winning, they were shocking, just as they have been for weeks.

Old Shuck wrote the following post at 2016-09-14 2:15 AM:

How many of the teams in this league are "top" sides though?

Newcastle if they maintain the momentum they seem to be building and...I don''t see anyone else who we should be afraid of or worry if we''ll get a result against them. Some good sides, of course-but ''top'' ones? Not that many, surely?

Birmingham! Are they a top side? No. And look what they did to us!!

Playing as we are at the moment there are going to be many more Birminghams coming along , we are scraping by at home against the lesser sides but you can just see whats coming when this defence comes under constant pressure away .Neil should go he is a very weak link and not this great young manager in the making , any manager who thought Jerome was enough firepower to mount a promtion challenge deserves to be out of work .

It''s scary how little some people know about football - thank god the people that want Alex Neil gone (a man who got us promoted from this league at Wembley and has us currently sitting in 4th) have no influence at our club!

P.S. Jerome''s fire power is one of the reasons we were promoted last time.

It''s all very well saying"Birmingham aren''t a top club". But we''re both in the same division -so what does that say about us?

If Stoke or Watford fans had said that we "weren''t a top club" last season, we''d have been moaning about how arrogant they were.

As for entertaining football. Yes, I''d like to see it. But winning surpasses it and comes first, for me, everytime. There are not many teams that can play and win like Barcelona. And even they slip up from time to time in the league.

And asking for entertaining football and established mid table Premier League membership whilst also clamouring, as some are, for Steve Bruce to be manager....

Winning with our defence is not to be sneezed at. Similarly, scoring with our lack of depth in attack is also impressive. Now is the moment therefore to upgrade the management team. Let''s have greater ambition than mid-table championship football.

Its not really about entertainment though is it, its about seeing some pretty clear basics flaws in our game at present and wondering why they cannot be addressed and people worrying that if they are not addressed soon then we will not get the results we need against the better teams in this league. Yes, we are fortunate that there are not many "better" teams and we are also fortunate that we have individual quality players who will get us out of jail at times but the way that the "team" is functioning just seems below par.

Injuries have not helped but its pretty much the same set of players we had towards the end of last season in the prem and yet the performance levels and general cohesiveness of the team seems a lot worse than say against Arsenal at the Emirates or Watford at home when we played pretty well. I don''t think anyone could rally claim we''ve settled on our best starting 11 yet and the levels of performance of certain players (most notably Howson in my book) is well down on last season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Its not really about entertainment though is it, its about seeing some pretty clear basics flaws in our game at present and wondering why they cannot be addressed and people worrying that if they are not addressed soon then we will not get the results we need against the better teams in this league. Yes, we are fortunate that there are not many "better" teams and we are also fortunate that we have individual quality players who will get us out of jail at times but the way that the "team" is functioning just seems below par.

Injuries have not helped but its pretty much the same set of players we had towards the end of last season in the prem and yet the performance levels and general cohesiveness of the team seems a lot worse than say against Arsenal at the Emirates or Watford at home when we played pretty well. I don''t think anyone could rally claim we''ve settled on our best starting 11 yet and the levels of performance of certain players (most notably Howson in my book) is well down on last season.[/quote]

No it''s about results - and we''ve only lost once and are two points off top place.  Pretty good, I would say.  Start worrying only when we don''t play that well and start losing, not before.......It may never happen and we could start playing better!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]As long as we are top 6 he is safe even if it is mixed bag. If we drop down the table the outcome may be different. If we sneaked up we will not survive with him at the helm[/quote]

Great! Let''s get Guardiola! Neil to date has proven he gets results at this level. Our aim is to get promoted, his record in this division suggests he has a very good chance of doing that.

First season he played a different more attacking style and had far more effective forward players at his disposal. He continued it in the pl until the Newcastle game which was a freak result but seemed to knock the confidence of players and management alike. True we have a good points tally but it has been hard work and only one really good performance v Blackburn. Also 3 of our 4 wins have come against bottom 6 sides. The next 3 fixtures should give a good clue as to where we really are.

As long as we keep winning, for ever.

If we have a long losing streak he''ll be packing his bag.

So basically the question is how are we going to do this season, my answer to that would be top 6, just.

I am not a fan of AN

i would have sacked him in the summer

BUT he is winning games this season so deserves to stay

i think it is because no matter how well he does this season my thoughts are he will be exactly the same in the EPL as last season