Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

How long do you give Alex Neil?

3 points today but a really really poor performance

Players are not playing to their potential and clearly not playing for him

I think a change of Manager some fresh ideas and impetus and we will fly

I would sack and replace with a Lambert/culverhouse combination

For me he is nowhere near being the manager that lambert was. I think you could close your eyes and watch performances under Neil and hughton and not notice any difference. Neither are bad managers but neither are top drawer either. Neil is doing enough to keep himself in a job but for me he does not give me confidence that he will return us to the premiership

We''re back up to 4th (until Newcastle moved above us)

won 3, drawn 2, and lost 1. It''s not his fault the club doesn''t have money. It''s not his fault the club didn''t secure his transfer targets.

He''s made some bold decisions after poor Birmingham result (e..g Naismith) got a good rsult (would be more comfortable not for our sloppy defending) and still people aren''t happy!

We''d be an absolute laughing stock to sack a manager who has only lost one game ths season. Sure there are things that worry me alittle about his management, but I''ve felt that about most managers bar Lambert and Walker over the years, even Stringer used to have a bad habit of falling out with players.

until we are out of the promotion picture. he has got us up before when we looked dead and buried and I have faith in him again. it could be a hell of a lot worse!

If I was in a position to be able to make that call (ie the chief exec and co rather than a supporter), I''d be considering it after numerous losses with a fully fit full strength team.

But all things considered, inc league cup, that''s 4 wins, 2 draws and just 1 loss now. So the obvious answer is to be a silly little child and carrying on trying to destabilise Alex Neil 👍

I accept many of your points his record is ok but it''s not good or great this Calander year

The club is stretching itself keeping this squad together and the gamble has to end in promotion or we will have financial issues.

My point is he is ok but we can and should do better especially when there are better candidates that are available now and free

The football is boring ala hughton.

I hear what you''re saying Waveney, but I''d be prepared to give Alex a little leeway for his first attempt at such a young age in the Premier League, we literally missed out on staying up by a game or 2, much like a fair few clubs only stayed up by a game or 2 with far more experienced managers. As far as we''re concerned, regarding this season, it''s his record in this league that counts as that''s what we''re in - and Alex''s record in that respect is very decent to be fair 👍

100% agree with this now.

Think he''s a really top bloke and like what he stands for but I''ve lost faith that he''s the man to take club forward.

We''ve not been playing well for a long time, there seems to be no style implemented by the team anymore, no tactical nouse shall we say. Our football is really poor. Luckily we have a few good individuals that save the day here n there. It''s been like it for a long while to.

It''s annoying because i really want him to succeed but just being completely honest i can''t see it happening.

The second a good team turns up here we''re in trouble. Or just a team with half a clue like Birmingham other week.

Not being a moaner just honest. Obviously we won''t sack him whilst we''re in the mix and i guess u can argue rightly so. Sorry to say but yea I''ve lost the faith.

So you''d add to that financial burden by sacking the Manager and paying up his, Frankie Mac and probably Irvines cotracts in full as a result of that as well as possibly paying out compensation to another club for his replacement? Because if entertaining football is your remit, you won''t want Bruce.

We''re playing exactly the same way as we did last time we went up.

If we go out to simply outplay the opposition what you get at this level is a Birmingham away result. In this league you have to fight for every ball, win your scraps, fight for possession and grind the opposition down and let your quality shine through over the course of the 90.

The reason for our poorer looking performances have been because we have been scrapping and doing the dirty stuff. We''re trying to win every game, not play pretty football. This approach worked last time and it''s working so far again.

This core of players are good enough to get us promoted but as we''re all aware they''re brittle, inconsistent, prone to errors, complacency and simply can''t defend against pace and high balls. There''s nothing AN can do about that now, we didn''t have the funds to overhaul the squad so we''re making do.

I think he''s probably about on par with Hughton as a manager but he has a few more tricks up his sleeve and usually gets us playing good football against the poorer teams, something Hughton rarely ever did.

I''ve lost a lot of faith in him I admit, but he''s definitely done enough so far to not warrant too many debates like this. He''s not a great manager yet, he may become one or he may get stuck in his ways and stagnate, who knows, but at the moment he''s a good club manager, a fair matchday one and a solid bet to get us back up.

Oh and on the football being like Hughtons...probably doesn''t help that every team has realised countering us is the best way to beat us so this year and plenty of times last year we were trying to play through packed defences. If we try and move the ball forward quicker we''d end up losing it more often than not. The slow, sideways approach isn''t entertaining, but looking at the table, you have to say it''s working so far

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Never mind the manager, I think the question we all want answered is - are you the real Glenn Medeiros?[/quote]

Of course he isn''t, he''s got the lyrics to the song wrong.

I can''t disagree with most of your points Ricky. Of course in this league it''s a constant scrap u could say and if you don''t do that first you''ll be getting nothing.

I''m just a bit worried about our performances and quality on the ball. Against the better sides i think we''re really up against it unless we up our game.

We saw how flat we look against such a side during the sheff weds game. Barely got near their goal. I appreciate teams come here and sit but we keep hearing about this great squad etc and he should have the ability to change it up to accommodate. Not sure he has that.

I just hope it picks up. Especially these home games. Cardiff are piss poor and i feel we should be imposing our quality against these sort of sides a lot more than we did.

In no way am i starting an Alex Neil out campaign or anything, at the end of the day we are grinding results out for now which is a big positive.

I''ll fully support him and team whilst he''s here and like i say hopefully the performances start picking up now.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Never mind the manager, I think the question we all want answered is - are you the real Glenn Medeiros?[/quote]The real question we all want answered is - when will he change his name - again.........[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Never mind the manager, I think the question we all want answered is - are you the real Glenn Medeiros?[/quote]The real question we all want answered is - when will he change his name - again.........[;)][/quote]Who was he before?[:D]

Look at the Chelseas etc of this world. The trick is to win when its not pretty or you''re not playing well.

As i and others have said, it''s a decent start to season. We''ve kept nucleus of squad together, transfers in haven''t been great, but we''ve got Canos and Pritchard, both very exciting prospects. We''ve also got Olive yet to start.

Gell them into the team and we''ve got a lot to be hopeful about. Give it and AN time. He''s getting results, despite the performances