Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Louis Thompson

Where was he today?

Is he injured, unfit, or does Neil just not rate him?

We had three defenders on the bench, none of whom can play anywhere but defence but no central midfielders. I don''t expect him to be starting but if we''d rather have no central midfielders and three defenders on the bench than put him on there then what is the point of him being here?

If you would have said Maddison, then there would be more of a question, Tettey, Howson & Mulumbu did ok today, Wes was outstanding again, but Maddison off the bench last 10 minutes might have been a good call.

I''m not saying he should have played- I''m just curious as to why he wasn''t on the bench. It strikes me as odd that with Howson, Mulumbu and Tettey all starting and Dorrans injured that we''d rather put three defenders on the bench over him.

If AN doesn''t think he is even worth a place on the bench when nobody else in his position is on there then surely we should be loaning him out?

Well I would imagine Tuesday night will be a chance the fringe players can impress and show the manager what they can do. Thompson, Maddison, Canos etc.

I would imagine we''ll still name a pretty strong side on Tuesday. Our squad needs to gel and get a winning momentum going.

I''m sure Maddison will get a chance though, highly rated and has been missing for a couple of games now including the Dev Squad fixture - I assume he''s either ill or injured.

When asked if he would let LT go om loan Neil refused saying he was definitely in his plans. For what seems uncertain year to go on his contract will be gone soon. Wasted money yet again. Cannot afford costly mistakes however relatively small keep doing this and young players will not want to come here.

A superb performance by Thompson tonight. He was also impressive in the previous round against Coventry. And he made his League debut off the bench on Saturday.

Seems that Neil was bang on when he said Thompson was definitely in his plans. Seems too that Thompson wasn''t a costly mistake either.

Maybe, just maybe we''ve handled his development just right.

I''m sure we have. The club have always rated him. We have a helluva squad now and so many youngsters. It hasn''t happened by chance but through forward thinking by the football club over the last few seasons. So many clubs totally waste the PL riches. We are building something special.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m sure we have. The club have always rated him. We have a helluva squad now and so many youngsters. It hasn''t happened by chance but through forward thinking by the football club over the last few seasons. So many clubs totally waste the PL riches. We are building something special.[/quote][Y]It takes time but I''m very happy with the way we''re doing it. Bodes well for the long term future of the club. I wonder if Pete agrees?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m sure we have. The club have always rated him. We have a helluva squad now and so many youngsters. It hasn''t happened by chance but through forward thinking by the football club over the last few seasons. So many clubs totally waste the PL riches. We are building something special.[/quote][Y]In the latest issue of city360 Alex Neil seems even a bit taken aback as to how many of them have stepped up.

Agree NN. Something good may be unfolding. Morris, Maddison, Toffolo, the two Murphy''s, Thompson, Canos, Godfrey, plus Matthews. Almost a team

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Ebou Adams and McGrandles also.[/quote]Where is McGrandles in his recovery?

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]A superb performance by Thompson tonight. He was also impressive in the previous round against Coventry. And he made his League debut off the bench on Saturday.

Seems that Neil was bang on when he said Thompson was definitely in his plans. Seems too that Thompson wasn''t a costly mistake either.

Maybe, just maybe we''ve handled his development just right.[/quote]

Earlier this season i read a post on this website saying he played well and stayed in front of the defence. Thats what a good disciplined defensive midfield player should do - protect the defence. Unlike the glory hunting Johnson who would charge upfield looking for a goal and leave a big space in front of the centre backs.

Well done Louis.

His contract runs out next summer, give him a new contract.

[quote user="morty"]Where is McGrandles in his recovery?[/quote]Not heard anything official about it, but if we assume approx 6 months for the leg to basically heal, and another 3-6 months for rehab, we likely won''t see him back playing again until around Feb I''d guess.I don''t think the club will be rushing him back either, so could easily be March/April time or even later depending on how the rehab goes.