Sign in to follow this  
Huh?!

Marouane Chamakh on a free

Marouane Chamakh will be signing on a free. Currently at Colney at I type this. Free agent after being released by Palace.

I''m sure Palace were using him as a number ten by the end of his time there...

But anyway, even though he wasn''t great in the Premier League, there are many players who have dropped down a league and been successful. Would Chamakh be one? Probably not, because he''s past his best.

As I said on another thread, I''d rather have a punt on Anichebe.

Bizarrely, despite his poor record, there were loads of Palace fans on Twitter saying they should sign him on a short term contract as they have injury issues last night.

Not 100% they weren''t taking the pi$$ but it didn''t seem like it.

Hardly the inspiring sort of signing we really wanted but it really can''t do us any harm to have another striker competing for a place, even if he never plays, at least the fact he is a fairly big name would keep Jerome and Oliviera on their toes. Think Anichebe is a bit similar to Jerome (although I won''t profess to be an Anichebe expert he seems to offer similar traits) and Chamakh is at least a different type of striker and would give us another option.

I''m not happy with it, but given the juncture we are at, he''s probably the best of a bad bunch of free agents for us.

[quote user="kick it off"]Bizarrely, despite his poor record, there were loads of Palace fans on Twitter saying they should sign him on a short term contract as they have injury issues last night.

Not 100% they weren''t taking the pi$$ but it didn''t seem like it.

Hardly the inspiring sort of signing we really wanted but it really can''t do us any harm to have another striker competing for a place, even if he never plays, at least the fact he is a fairly big name would keep Jerome and Oliviera on their toes. Think Anichebe is a bit similar to Jerome (although I won''t profess to be an Anichebe expert he seems to offer similar traits) and Chamakh is at least a different type of striker and would give us another option.

I''m not happy with it, but given the juncture we are at, he''s probably the best of a bad bunch of free agents for us.[/quote]

My thoughts when I posted about Macheda the other day - not every signing has to be a marquee, big money signing. Sometimes you need squad players, who may mainly sit on the bench but provide valuable experience when called upon. Lambert did the it with Wilbraham.

As we clearly have our main strikers but are extremely short past them, I don''t think it would be a disastrous signing, especially on a free & for a year or 2

Hardly a prolific goalscorer!

Has stupid footballer haircut!

He''s a free agent.

What more could we want?

Just watching some youtube of him, and tbf, he''s like a technically gifted Wilbraham. He''s slight, but he is strong, and has some real ability on the ball.

Another snippet for this is that Jerome played up front with Chamakh at Palace.

Jake Humphrey mentioned this last night so it seemed likely, no one seemed to pick up on it as too busy navel-gazing.

Maybe not the big signing we were after, but has spent his career at a higher level and can surely do a job for us in the Champs and is as good as many names mentioned.

Could be a whole new era of the Norwich City haircuts Apple. I remember the days when walking round the City you''d see about 1 in 3 blokes trying to pull off the "Huckerby" hairstyle.

Well short term why not. He shouldn''t cost much and tbf has never tried champs level before so could be an option. He''s been training with palace so general fitness shouldn''t be a problem. Fairly uninspiring though.

whilst this would be incredibly underwhelming, I wouldnt dissmiss the idea completely out of hand?

to my knowledge he hasn''t played in the Championship , so we just don''t know......remember the moans and groans when we signed Jerome, who too hadn''t played at this level for a number of years and ended up getting 20 odd goals.

beggars can''t be choosers now....have to be open to anything?

I quite like him, works all game long and gives centre backs a hard time  game.If we are playing two up and the choice was between him and Naismith, I would go with Chamakh.One a free, whats to lose

If free and wages are reasonable seems better than nothing. At least it would be another option up-front.

i just added up the 3 strikers matches played and goals scored if chamakh signs

so Jerome / Olive / Chamakh

played 1068 games scored 239 goals

that works out at one goal every 4.4 games if all played together that is a disgusting strike force / ratio

that will not fire us to the EPL

Out of the list of ''free agents'' i think I''d prefer Anichebe - a big unit for the likes of Hoolahan, Pritchard and co to feed off

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i just added up the 3 strikers matches played and goals scored if chamakh signs

so Jerome / Olive / Chamakh

played 1068 games scored 239 goals

that works out at one goal every 4.4 games if all played together that is a disgusting strike force / ratio

that will not fire us to the EPL[/quote]But how many of those games were at a higher level than the Championship?

What''s McCormack and Kodija''s ratio at Prem level?

We don''t need a striker that is going to score 30+ goals. We need a range of strikers that are all going to chip in. Jerome, Olivera and maybe Chamkh all have the ability to notch at least 10 each, and with the likes of Canos (10 last year for Brentford), Pritchard (12 for Brentford in 2015), Jacob Murphy, Howson, Naismith and Wes all capable of getting a few, I think we will score enough. Olivera has better players around him than Forest, and with Wes as one of the best no. 10s in the division, has the chance to better his Forest return.

We should definitely have got this guy in - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34997314

50 goals in 28 games! That would be 82 goals a season. Sack the board, what are they doing?

Our strikers have a champs strike rate of 69 goals in 227 games or 1 goal every 3.29 appearances.

Not fantastic, but then most of that is Jeromes early career which is years ago.

If you take Oli and Camerons most recent champs seasons it is 27 goals in 69 games. 1 goal in 2.56 games.

Not terrible.

well championship stats

jerome has scored 58 in 197 games = 1 in 3.3 games

Olive played 28 scored 9 = 1 goal in 3.1

chamakh has not played in this div ?

compare that with

ross mc played 303 scored 116 = 1 in 2.6 games

j rhodes 92 goals in 189 games = 1 in 2 games

Kodjia played 49 games scored 19 goals 1 = 2.5 games