Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Underlying Problems Not Addressed

The fact of the matter is the performance on Saturday was poor. Had Norwich played a better side, the opponent would have wrapped it all up by half-time.

The underlying problems with this team have not been addressed from the Board down.

Too many chances are not converted into goals because there is not enough quality up front. Same as last season.

The defenders make too many mistakes. Same as last 3 seasons at least.

Where is the proper scrutiny at this football club? What do these people on the Board actually do? No action is ever taken to address recurrent problems.

For instance, when did Norwich last sign a proper defensive right back? It must have been the boy Edworthy about a decade ago!

Board must go no question...........

Well said VinceToo many folk such as yourself are just given an increased dosage and left to wander around the city centre muttering to themselves.Maybe if you were to tell us where the naughty man touched you we could begin to understand your underlying problem(s).

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Is this aimed at the Board of directors or the Football Board ?[/quote]

You see this is the mistake fans keep making over and over again. They look to blame any person or persons at the club except the Stowmarket Two. But when you have recurrent problems that are never addressed the blame has to be fairly and squarely at the feet of the owners. They and the rest of the Board have failed to provide proper scrutiny over what goes on underneath them.

The so-called football board is just another layer of human shield to attempt to deflect blame away from the Stowmarket Two. It just doesn''t wash with Big Vince.

OP is clearly either someone with learning difficulties or a binner troll. Either way, can we stop humouring him?

Just ignore the thread guys, it''s not hard.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I agree, the underlying problem hasn''t been addressed - namely, you''re still posting this drivel...[/quote]

You read my mind Indy.

Although I do quite like the idea that we should all talk about ourselves in the third person. For example: ''Nuff Said thinks Big Vince is an irritating and unoriginal troll''.

I echo Indy''s comments - the underlying problem is fans moaning, expecting us to play like Madrid and walk the league and generally slating a club in a good position in the league!

[quote user="Cobain18"]I echo Indy''s comments - the underlying problem is fans moaning, expecting us to play like Madrid and walk the league and generally slating a club in a good position in the league![/quote]

After last night''s performance, the OP is proved correct. Too many chances not converted into goals. Defenders making too many mistakes and caught napping. And now a new revelation.............the players are not even fit. Klose and Martin on the floor at the end. Whole team was hanging on in the second half.

So, if the players are not even fit, how can the Board be fit to continue in office? I come back to my original point. What do the board members actually do? Which board member has oversight over the fitness coaches at the club?

Player fitness should be an absolute given at this level so for the fitness levels to be absent, is a gross dereliction of duty. Wigan were fit to last 90 minutes so what is going wrong at Colney and whose job is it to find out?

Board is a joke and must go no question.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Big Vince is a joke and must go no question.[/quote]Fixed that one for you Pig Mince [url=http://www.desismileys.com/][img]http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_6666.gif[/img][/url]

There seem to be three main problems:P

1) Failing to convert chances, and put us out of sight of opponents. Clearly Jerome is the main offender but most blazed high and not handsome on Tuesday and before. I think that there may be a little improvement here, but not much. I would have to exempt the Murphy lads.

Some very good approach work is spoiled by hasty shooting and missed headers. We have to be ruthless and efficient.

2) Defenders seem to lose concentration and get out of position, or are too slow in anticipation. Nobody closed down the Wigan scorer.

3) Mental resolution seems to break down too easily and be replaced by panic. There seems to be an on-field leadership deficiency.

It may be that the tiredness problem and lack of game fitness is an element in one or more of these.

Currently we are scoring almost enough, but defensive frailty makes us concede goals which we shouldn''t. AN seems to admit this game after game.

[quote user="Salopian"]There seem to be three main problems:P

1) Failing to convert chances, and put us out of sight of opponents. Clearly Jerome is the main offender but most blazed high and not handsome on Tuesday and before. I think that there may be a little improvement here, but not much. I would have to exempt the Murphy lads.

Some very good approach work is spoiled by hasty shooting and missed headers. We have to be ruthless and efficient.

2) Defenders seem to lose concentration and get out of position, or are too slow in anticipation. Nobody closed down the Wigan scorer.

3) Mental resolution seems to break down too easily and be replaced by panic. There seems to be an on-field leadership deficiency.

It may be that the tiredness problem and lack of game fitness is an element in one or more of these.

Currently we are scoring almost enough, but defensive frailty makes us concede goals which we shouldn''t. AN seems to admit this game after game.[/quote]

Norwich City don''t have on-field leaders because they don''t have off-field leaders either.

The defence is no good because it was not freshened up with new blood during the window. Too many of the back four having been trying and failing for too long. Clearout failed to materialise.

No one at the club ever seems to realise that a successful side has to be built from the back.

You say are defence is no good. Put I doubt there''s many better right backs in the league than Pinto, Olsson is the best left back in the division. Didn''t WBA want Klose & didn''t Boro want Bennett.

[quote user="Move Klose"]You say are defence is no good. Put I doubt there''s many better right backs in the league than Pinto, Olsson is the best left back in the division. Didn''t WBA want Klose & didn''t Boro want Bennett.[/quote]

Pinto might be a wing back but he is not a defender.

I am not convinced by Olsson as a defender.

Even Klose makes mistakes and Bennett is erratic at best and no good at all unless he plays alongside a better player. Bassong gifts too many chances.

Norwich City are missing that Watson-Bruce, Mackay-Fleming or Linighan-Butterscotch partnership at the back.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Move Klose"]You say are defence is no good. Put I doubt there''s many better right backs in the league than Pinto, Olsson is the best left back in the division. Didn''t WBA want Klose & didn''t Boro want Bennett.[/quote]

Pinto might be a wing back but he is not a defender.

I am not convinced by Olsson as a defender.

Even Klose makes mistakes and Bennett is erratic at best and no good at all unless he plays alongside a better player. Bassong gifts too many chances.

Norwich City are missing that Watson-Bruce, Mackay-Fleming or Linighan-Butterscotch partnership at the back.[/quote]

Lol this post just shows you are simply a wind up merchant or you did not see Klose, Olsson and Pinto on Tuesday. Mixed with Martin and then Tetty in front of them which one would not get into any other championship defence ?

Who cares about past defender partnerships? It''s the now and football has changed. I think we have a malleable defence, one that works as a ''static'' formal defence and one that can also attack down the flanks in Pinto and Olsson.

Given our budget the ideology of ''stripping back the dead wood'' and replacing them with shiny new, young, hungry blah blah models was unlikely to happen. Just be grateful we still have Klose, Benno, Martin and Olsson.

Also, don''t forget other teams have got to want these ''dead wood'' players before we can sanction a move and the players have got to want to go.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]If Mackey - Fleming were on field leaders then who were the off field leaders.

Perhaps that is this thread''s elephant...[/quote]

Was it the boy Rioch who brought Mackay to the club?

Certainly nothing to do with the cook or the Mulbartonshire estate.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Wasn''t "the boy" Rioch the cook''s first appointment as she dragged the club towards the 21st century....[/quote]

No, Mike Walker2 was her first appointment (1996) as she looked back on the 20th century..........

Vinny old boy. Your mask is slipping badly...

Geoffrey Watling and Martin Armstrong brought Walker back. The cook and her cohorts didn''t take the reigns until 1998 and appointed Rioch to bring the club into the 21st century with sports science....

Yes yes yes, good work Vince.

Never seen so many contradictions in one statement.

Even Farage would be proud.

And zzzzzzzz.

I tell you what''s poor - the quality of the constant droaning has gone markedly down hill.

God bless Wiz, I used to have my battles with him, but god at least he was colourful.

Even bloomin Smudger.

Bring back the days of imaginative hue rather than this dull, boring beige BS we keep getting served up by supposed fans who seem to have forgotten that we are meant to celebrate wins no matter how they come.

It''s like spoiled brats complaining about their holiday to Disney Land isn''t good enough because they expected more chocolate and milkshakes than they could wrap their tiny greedy hands around.

I shall just write to all of the clubs in the Champs and tell them to be a darn sight better than the lot we have played so far, because it is mightily disappointing that only one team has been good enough to put us to the sword, and they clearly didn''t do that well enough either. We are not entertained and wont be until or boys are given a jolly good kicking just so that Mr. V. At the back of the upper N&P can be right on one of the two times a day as per his quota.

Someone really aught to get him a battery for that. Or perhaps just a new watch.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Vinny old boy. Your mask is slipping badly...

Geoffrey Watling and Martin Armstrong brought Walker back. The cook and her cohorts didn''t take the reigns until 1998 and appointed Rioch to bring the club into the 21st century with sports science....[/quote]

Nonsense. The Stowmarket Two joined the Board in 1996.