Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Neil needs to go.

This whole thread is full of posters gleeful that we''ve lost a game so they can claim the manager is rubbish and declaring our season over. Delighted that they''ve somehow been proven right. AFTER FIVE GAMES. Rest assured that few of you will be posting on the site when we go on a good run. Simply embarrassing stuff.

FWIW, with the injured players coming back and probably another couple of strikers on our books, we''ll be a completely different outfit and settle into a winning rythm. Still think we''ll go up. The promoted teams are the best teams over 46 games and not 5. It''s a shame so many Norwich fans give up on the team after one defeat. Awful support.

I am not sure anyone with any credibility on this board is now supportive of Neil staying

Today was the straw that broke the camels back and there is know way back I just hope he has the self respect to go and go quickly

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Guide us to promotion? On today''s display we will be lucky to stay out of the bottom three.[/quote]Probably true.But thankfully, most people are rational enough not to extrapolate one single performance and use it to chart a trajectory over 46 games.

Quite ammusing that all the binners on here are suggesting Neil should be sacked when his likely replacement would be Steve Bruce who is altogether a better manager and more likely to get us promoted.

Over the years i have seen us suffer big defeats away from home under various managers up and down the divisions and believe me today was up there amongst the worst. It was an unimpressive display against the Scum last week and i thought that would maybe be just an odd blip to be repeated on a not too often basis throughout this season but two weeks on the trot has got me wondering if we have a problem not just confined to the individuals on the pitch.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Quite ammusing that all the binners on here are suggesting Neil should be sacked when his likely replacement would be Steve Bruce who is altogether a better manager and more likely to get us promoted.[/quote]Good to see that anybody questioning the manager,players,selection, tactics and performance are of course Binners.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Alex crafty has spent good money and time going to the game today did you go ?

i think his words are worth listening to as he was there[/quote]

Don''t worry, my first loss watching us is coming up soon 😉. I had the fun of going to 12 games last season which isn''t bad at all for an exile out in the sticks and guess what, I didn''t see us win ONCE so believe me, I know exactly what it feels like! But... Whatever the performance, I''ve not changed my mind on my thoughts since the start of the season in that we WILL lose a few this season (of course!) but I think AN''s got enough about himself in this league and will judge later this Autumn once we''ve played enough to gauge what''s what 👍

Have praised Alex for the players hes brought to the club, including Naismith, but we can look at that guy as a barometer for whats happening  where it really matters, on the pitch at matchdays. This is not the Naismith that played so wonderfully well at Everton, it smacks of something else, of a manager who is simply not good enough in to many ways to manage a team well enough on the field of play.Today had been coming, i was not surprised at all by it, that is a sad thing to say as a heartfelt fan of City. Was nothing to do with us losing, was how we lost, having Whitts at RB when its been clear far to long hes just no good now, was not starting with Laffs, our last recognised striker, comic schoolboy stuff indeed. For me ive  been concerned since our away game at Southampton nearly a year ago, today is a year on and Alex has  not improved his learning curve on team formations, picking right players for right positions, picking right players in general,  weak substitutions and probably most telling of all, players who have no momentum, lacking motivation, looking and playing  much worse than they really  should be, as in SN above. We are indeed going backwards, we are indeed backward of where we were when Alex first arrived.So for me, ive given him a year and i say we need a new manager, someone who can take our mostly wonderful talented squad of guys, to manage them in the right way, get them playing to their potentials. Some on here say give him another 5, or 10 games, or until Christmas, likely our Board will give him that and more, but honestly, do it  once the transfer windows shut, because AN is not learning at all.

Some comments on here are astonishing. To say Klose is now performing at a shadow is incredulous. Apart from yesterday, I understand he''s looks his usual class act.

Naysmith has been nothing short of woeful since we signed him.

And to say Bruce should come here. Have always liked Bruce and think he''d be a great manager, but would he. It''s the same as hypothesising whether strikers will come here. Didn''t Bruce just walk away from Hull over Board issues and lack of funds etc. Would he really want to come here then????

AN needs to be big enough to drop Naysmith who''s massively underperforming as he''s got better players to select. Hopefully Pinto or Martin will be available in 2 weeks, and hopefully the Board will have sorted out the striker mess.

If we get back to winning ways things will change quickly, but AN, you are losing fans faith in selections like this (& perseveering with cr*ap like Naysmith) and performances like this

It''s a difficult situation for the CEO or the Board to hold him to account when they themselves have failed to support him during the window, so far at least. Pot and Kettle comes to mind, no wonder the players don''t appear to be giving of their best.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]This whole thread is full of posters gleeful that we''ve lost a game so they can claim the manager is rubbish and declaring our season over. Delighted that they''ve somehow been proven right. AFTER FIVE GAMES. Rest assured that few of you will be posting on the site when we go on a good run. Simply embarrassing stuff.

FWIW, with the injured players coming back and probably another couple of strikers on our books, we''ll be a completely different outfit and settle into a winning rythm. Still think we''ll go up. The promoted teams are the best teams over 46 games and not 5. It''s a shame so many Norwich fans give up on the team after one defeat. Awful support.[/quote]

Its not just 5 games though is it....this is off the back of relegation last season when Neil was found out tactically.

Many were prepared to overlook that as part of his "learning curve".

But if the signs are that he hasn''t / isn''t learning then inevitably questions over his position will be raised.

It is not the result that has everyone groaning it is:

1) Consistently frustrating team selections

2) Bonkers formations- wingers but no forward?

3) Tinkering where it doesnt help

4) Refusing to drop favourite non performers

5) Stubborn refusal to use two forwards ever

6) Poor transfer dealing

7) Inability to get best out of players

8) Playing several creative attackers in same team

All these issues are long standing not just five games worth.

Samwam 27 - Martin was available yesterday, and in fact warmed the bench the whole game, whilst the clown Whittaker, not good enough all last season because the manager said so, gave away two goals, the penalty a huge huge po-po!

And the looks on Martins face during his warm down suggested that all was not well!

And you suggest IF we get back to winning ways things will change quickly - did they last season? And didn''t Naysmith underperform las season, didn''t many of the squad, and yet here will still are, lamenting the same stuff, the same arguments. AN did a good job taking us up, no doubt, but that is history, last season''s poor form has cost the club millions, it''s continued into this season. It''s not just about losing yesterday, is it?

Well City 2nd, it is hard to disagree with all that you say there. I still hold out hope that returning players and a new striker might pull things around, but as each game passes we seem to be getting further and further away from it.

I am starting to fear that Blackburn away was the exception rather than the rule. Finding positives aside from that result is becoming more and more difficult.

Much like at Ipswich last week, the opposition players battled harder and wanted it more. A dire performance, as bad, if not worse, as the no show at Villa last season. It''s time to go and get Bruce. Although history tells us our response, however, will be too little too late.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Do we have to demand the head of the manager every time we lose? Boring pr1cks.[/quote]Of course not PJ, but it''s not just the results, it''s the manner of the results that''s causing concern.AN looked completely out of his depth tactically yesterday, with bizarre player selections and an approach that was doomed to fail before a ball was kicked in anger, and it''s not the first time we''ve seen this sort of debacle either.It may not be AN''s fault that the board haven''t been able to secure the strikers he clearly desperately wants, but it IS his fault when he keeps picking random team line-ups, stubbornly refuses to change tactics or drop underperforming players and seems to have totally lost the ability to motivate the players under his stewardship.It''s getting VERY close to the time when we should be looking to make a change, because AN is showing ZERO sign of learning or adapting from his mistakes, and we just cannot afford to have the season pi$$ed away just to try to help him actually learn and get the required experience...

His first 6 months here were great, but so was Roeders. Since then he has been woefully out of his depth and we are having the same discussions and debates month in month out. I would not risk him with any more transfer money and even if the club did would he play the players or play them in the right place. He is an honorable up front and articulate individual. If he got the sack his future would be Scotland or league 1 or 2. Even if he somehow got his act together and got us promoted then no way is he good enough for the premiership anyway. Yet again we have started a season with a manager with a big question mark, allowed the summer and transfer window to go so if and when he gets the chop in the next few months someone will have to make the best of what squad we have

@Indy

I''d agree with all of that.

I like AN and want him to succeed but he seems to be making the same mistakes he was making 6-9 months ago.

Your point about motivating the players is the biggest worry for me though. Last season there were some really worrying ''no-shows'' in key games (Bournemouth, Villa and Palace away all spring to mind) and that raises more red flags than any poor result or tactical hiccup.

Well it''s 10 games for me but....Steve Bruce knows the Championship and definitely how to get out of it. If he wanted to come back and finish a job somehow with Norwich then I''d take him like a shot.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So we persevered with him and manager of the month was the result. :)[/quote]We''d have a new manager each month if some people on here had their way.

Nutty missing the point as always.

We''re lucky - LUCKY - to be where we are now. We''ve been comprehensively out thought and outplayed for most of the season. The cracks continue to be papered over and the longer it carries on the more that those with the tinted specs and no ambition feel vindicated.

Bruce will go to Villa and in a few months time we''ll be left scrabbling around for someone to reinvigorate our season.

Big, ambitious clubs like Villa, Cardiff and Leeds take the tough decisions early. They''ll reap the benefits. We''ll stay exactly where the Stowmarket Two want us. In the palm of their hand and cost neutral.

Oh for some ambition.

Duncan is right. Villa and Fulham, Cardiff and Leeds will all be up there come May as they reap the rewards of early and ruthless decisions.

But that''s not the Little Old Norwich way.

We will bumble along from defeat to defeat with the odd victory to keep the dissent from boiling over, and the happy clappers will put down any much needed revolt with their typical forelock tugging, scraping and bowing.

"Prudence with Ambition."

The death of hope.