Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Now The Transfer Window Is Closed What League Position Will We FInish ?

Last season at this time i said 18th 33 points, and i repeated it at halfway stage when we had 23 points. City got 19th 34 points so close enough.Already said in early after end of season this time 8th to 12th, 65-70 points, transfer window has not changed my opinion, so stick with this.Sadly see no evidence of Alex''s first 6 months influence when he had City fired up for the thrilling run to Wembley, A season in the Prem has just ground him away to an uninspiring manager. Dont honestly know if he will last the season, much depends on how hard or softly the fans turn on him, and if the Board can withstand any sizeable calls for his head, and see him  continue to build his own long term tean building If still here come January, and if City in top half of table, he must at all costs get in a recognised striker with a decent goal scoring record, he will have no room for failure that time around.

4th. I think we were the signing of a quality striker at this level away from a comfortable top 2 finish

Second. Really don''t rate anyone who didn''t go up last year and think we''re still in a better position than villa or new look wolves who are as likely to come 7th than 2nd. But we could have made it much, much easier.

Mid table as I thought before season start. It''s a feel thing football. I''ve not been happy with changes at the top for a while, there isn''t the spark of urgency or positive thinking somehow from the club. It just wasn''t there. Even Neil said after the Blackburn game that the game got it out of their system. Well there were another 45 games to go in an incredibly competitive league. Agree there are the rich 3 or 4 clubs but reckon there are at least 18 -20 that can give us a real game.

The transfer deadline was underwhelming as we simply didn''t do what we said we would...really strengthen the attack. Like we didn''t strengthen the defence in the Prem. And then the tactics have disappointed. As have team selections. I''m not a happy bunny about it all....but you have to trust the manager and I''m now on the fence with him but I like him and believe he is a genuine bloke. Which is good enough for me for now.

.....there is more to life than Norwich City isn''t there?!

The club just has a sense of malaise and negative momentum.

Blackburn was a huge glimmer of hope. There is talent in the team. But will the exciting players bought get played enough? Maddison move was a huge disappointment. And do people think like me that we actually have some of the best younger prospects at the club than at any time in our history? Yet somehow you sense as if there could be 1 or even 2 years from most getting into a first eleven. And that other teams will benefit. I really want to see 3 being played at least now and others to be dropped. Why give them the loan experience elsewhere? I realise people won''t agree here.

The next 6/7 games or so are hugely instrumental of course. Where we are 23rd or 30th November is where we will be about at season end. With a few exceptions it has ever been thus.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="king canary"]8th or 9th,similar to the season after we got relegated with Worthy - never out of the playoff hunt but never really leading it either.[/quote]
Fine, but then you must be able to name 8 teams better than our squad in this league? I can''t.
[/quote]

Crazy post. There probably isn''t on paper but when was football ever played on paper?

Unfortunately I think Alex Neil is too determined to try & force his way/tactics going forward, regardless of if they work or not. We cant take games by the scruff of the neck & we start games on the back foot by picking teams to match our opponents (Ipswich)

I want to see us set up to take the game to our opponents but just dont see it happening with Neil. This is a man who still doesnt have any idea on who his best XI is

I think we''ll get promoted, hopefully Oliveira will get the warm welcome at Carrow Rd for the Cardiff game that will give him that extra buzz to really hit the ground running, and we''ll be away. Alex Pritchard starting will get most onside prior to kick off I''d have thought, and that could be crucial 👍

A manager who isn''t up to it. An incompetent board. A squad consisting of players who don''t really want to be here / aren''t wanted here / don''t have the hunger for a promotion push / are too used to failure. As many have said you can just tell this is the start of another downward spiral at the club. Such a shame as it could and should have been so different. If Alex Neil is here for the duration I can''t see anything other than a bottom half finish.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]A manager who isn''t up to it. An incompetent board. A squad consisting of players who don''t really want to be here / aren''t wanted here / don''t have the hunger for a promotion push / are too used to failure. As many have said you can just tell this is the start of another downward spiral at the club. Such a shame as it could and should have been so different. If Alex Neil is here for the duration I can''t see anything other than a bottom half finish.[/quote]Name just one thing you like about the club. Go on, just one thing....

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Keith Scott"]A manager who isn''t up to it. An incompetent board. A squad consisting of players who don''t really want to be here / aren''t wanted here / don''t have the hunger for a promotion push / are too used to failure. As many have said you can just tell this is the start of another downward spiral at the club. Such a shame as it could and should have been so different. If Alex Neil is here for the duration I can''t see anything other than a bottom half finish.[/quote]Name just one thing you like about the club. Go on, just one thing....[/quote]I bet he even hates the colour yellow.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Keith Scott"]A manager who isn''t up to it. An incompetent board. A squad consisting of players who don''t really want to be here / aren''t wanted here / don''t have the hunger for a promotion push / are too used to failure. As many have said you can just tell this is the start of another downward spiral at the club. Such a shame as it could and should have been so different. If Alex Neil is here for the duration I can''t see anything other than a bottom half finish.[/quote]Name just one thing you like about the club. Go on, just one thing....[/quote]

He probably likes the last 4 letters of our name but would like the first 3 to be I,P & S.

Impossible to say obviously. Before the season started I''d have said 2nd to 4th. Now I think between 6th and 10th. Based purely off our signings performances so far and the attitude in the squad.

AN will probably do an adequate if muddled and inconsistent job and have us competative, but I''m sure I''m not the only one thinking he''s definitely lost his midas touch and momentum.

I just can''t work out whether he''s just a one division higher Karl Robinson or if we have an inconsistent, slightly thick, fearful group of players now

I thought maybe the play offs before the transfer window and my trip to Birmingham, but sadly to say unless that was a one off I can only see about 8th - 10th. The manager does not seem able to inspire these players but whether he goes before January or not it looks like an uphill struggle this year.

I get there''s other factors, but generally speaking, in the history of footballer, the team with the best footballers has been at the top end of their respective leagues.
Yet in 44 posts no-one has dared to try and name 8 teams stronger than us despite expecting a midtable or below finish.

[quote user="hogesar"]I get there''s other factors, but generally speaking, in the history of footballer, the team with the best footballers has been at the top end of their respective leagues.
Yet in 44 posts no-one has dared to try and name 8 teams stronger than us despite expecting a midtable or below finish.
[/quote]

There is no point as has been pointed out

On last Saturday''s showing Birmingham are better than us

@Hogesar

On paper I don''t think there are eight better squads. However we seem to playing as less than the sum of our parts right now.

The Manager & the players quickly need to regain a confident, positive and confident attitude and a winning mentality. Might be difficult because most of our players have tasted relegation from the PL at least once and several have experienced it twice. Very hard to push yourself to get into the PL again when you know deep down that if you do then (a) you''re probably not good enough for it or (b) you won''t be wanted at NCFC.Our current position seems about right. We''ve had one good performance, albeit against probably the worst team in the league, 3 average efforts and a complete no show.As things stand we could go either way, up the league or down it.Taking all that into account I think our most likely finishing position will be between 7th & 12th.

[quote user="Making Plans"]The Manager & the players quickly need to regain a confident, positive and confident attitude and a winning mentality. Might be difficult because most of our players have tasted relegation from the PL at least once and several have experienced it twice. Very hard to push yourself to get into the PL again when you know deep down that if you do then (a) you''re probably not good enough for it or (b) you won''t be wanted at NCFC.Our current position seems about right. We''ve had one good performance, albeit against probably the worst team in the league, 3 average efforts and a complete no show.As things stand we could go either way, up the league or down it.Taking all that into account I think our most likely finishing position will be between 7th & 12th.[/quote]

You and others on here should get yourselves to the bookies. You can if you shop around get as good as 8/1 on Norwich finishing outside the top 8. The bookmakers also only consider 3 teams to be battling it out, us Newcastle and Brighton.

But lets not let the facts get in the way - most of our bench would get into Championship teams that finish in the play offs

We''ll be back

Not sure what you mean about facts, bookmakers deal in probabilities and often get it wrong, remind me what price Leicester were last year.

Where can I get the 8/1

[quote user="city4eva"]We''ll be back

Not sure what you mean about facts, bookmakers deal in probabilities and often get it wrong, remind me what price Leicester were last year.

Where can I get the 8/1[/quote]And the moon is made of cream cheese ! Bookmakers deal in bets, and adjust their odds to reflect those bets. That is why they always get it right.... and why they are called bookmakers. Amazing that this hoary old myth about bookmakers guessing what the result of some activity is going to be is still doing the rounds.Only a couple or so predicting us to finish top two.... and no one for us to finish top (other than me).

I thought he''d tired of us all and flounced a while back. What were the odds on him coming back?

No, that''s you just making up stuff ....... again (and I''ve been here since August, do keep up)

Yes quite a few called it right or near miss.

The optimists amongst us, myself included were sadly wrong.

[quote user="hogesar"]I get there''s other factors, but generally speaking, in the history of footballer, the team with the best footballers has been at the top end of their respective leagues.
[/quote]
Here you go hogesar, unfortunately could only name 7 teams though... [;)]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/54kFmB0.png[/img]

Question is, I suppose, is our squad that far off that we''re the 8th best, or were we mis-managed to that position?

I still believe our squad is better than Readings, Fulhams, Hudders, and Leeds.