Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Now The Transfer Window Is Closed What League Position Will We FInish ?

Now The Transfer Window Is Closed What Position Will We FInish ?

This was asked a few weeks ago and many said they would wait until the transfer window had closed thoughts now ?

my thoughts are still the same it will Mirror Neil Adams season

AN will have us around 10th to 8th around end of November he will then be replaced and we will then sneak into play offs

after that play offs a lottery

Predicted correctly after last summers'' fiasco, for what that''s worth, predict 5th for this season.

8th or 9th,similar to the season after we got relegated with Worthy - never out of the playoff hunt but never really leading it either.

In June, I was saying 8th, but a few weeks ago I upgraded to 5th/6th because I assumed we''d address the issues in the attack. Now I think we''ll do well to make the Playoffs.

As has been said, if we''re hovering around 10th at Christmas or just before, I guess we''d have to change coach for a shot in the arm, even though I''m very much pro-Neil. But the new coach would still have the same limited options in attack anyway.

I''ll say 8th.

If we stick with AN then I believe we''ll be lucky to make the play off''s.

I still think we need to be comfortably sitting in the play off area after 15 games otherwise AN should go!

[quote user="king canary"]8th or 9th,similar to the season after we got relegated with Worthy - never out of the playoff hunt but never really leading it either.[/quote]
Fine, but then you must be able to name 8 teams better than our squad in this league? I can''t.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="king canary"]8th or 9th,similar to the season after we got relegated with Worthy - never out of the playoff hunt but never really leading it either.[/quote]
Fine, but then you must be able to name 8 teams better than our squad in this league? I can''t.
[/quote]

That doesn''t mean everything. There weren''t 17 better squads than Newcastle in the Premier League last season, and Leicester sure as hell weren''t the best.

No, but it''s a pretty good measuring stick. And the most accurate one we can go by, rather than hypothetical rubbish.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="king canary"]8th or 9th,similar to the season after we got relegated with Worthy - never out of the playoff hunt but never really leading it either.[/quote]
[/quote]Squads dont have to be better just together , we have players who dont want to be here who will be regular starters they amble through games as if they are too good to even bother. Birminghams squad nowhere near as good but thrashed us , Ipswich squad so weak it could be in league 1 but they should have had more than a draw .Neil himself said squad needs freshening up and need strikers , he got neither 8th - 12th

10th or 11th. Too light up front for a 46 game season, and we have a group of players who aren''t a cohesive team. Some don''t even care about playing for the shirt. Looking forward to seeing the big Charlie''s leave and these hungry players take their place.

We have the players but it depends on how they play. If we''re as bad as against Birmingham, we will not get into the top half of the table. If we play a high pressing game and move the ball quicker we could walk away with the Championship.

Can''t believe how badly people here are predicting us to finish! Despite being a striker light we''ve still got a very strong championship team and I''ll be extremely disappointed if we don''t make the play-offs.

Yes we''ve played poorly in our recent couple of fixtures but look at our injury list!! Hopefully now the window is closed the team can get their heads down and once the injured are back up to speed I think we will really start to push on!

People against AN need to remember that he will be given a set amount of time to start showing we can compete at the top end of this league - 8 more games maybe? And if he can''t do that, with this squad, then he will be sacked (I would hope), it''s that simple.

Our players would have to massively underachieve to finish mid-table, and I think on the whole we have a pretty good attitude throughout the squad. I see plenty of players that care about the club so cannot imagine where a Newcastle-style downfall is coming from - and that''s the only way we could perform THAT badly this season IMO.

It''s obvious that the disappointment from yesterday is still fresh in peoples'' minds. We DO have the players to compete in this league! I''ll go for a 3rd/4th place finish.

Last year''s fiasco led to the easy prediction of 19th. I think we''ll finish in a comfortable mid-table position this year say 11th. With more goals in the team we might have just had enough for the playoffs but that''s gone now.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Last year''s fiasco led to the easy prediction of 19th. I think we''ll finish in a comfortable mid-table position this year say 11th. With more goals in the team we might have just had enough for the playoffs but that''s gone now.[/quote]
And the previous year you reckoned 14th. If you always predict doom and gloom you''ll be right sometimes. But if you''re blowing your own trumpet don''t leave out half the notes...
I''ll go top six as it stands.

Probably mid league - the positivity and togetherness we had, as a Club, with supporters and players has gone. That gone, it has once again been replaced with a fragmented and split fan base, all having a go at each other and therefore not helping the Club with it''s objectives. This will filter through to the players with boos at games (fans entitled to - yes)  which serve to unsettle players & create nervous performances with players afraid to express themselves and their talent, in case they make a mistake. This stifles the talent we have - which is still better than many clubs in this league.Clubs go through ups and downs, the ups are usually when everyone pulls together, and a certain set of circumstances need to exist for that to happen. We do not have that situation at the moment, so appear to be on a slightly downward spiral, until there are some positives to unite the Board, Fans and players once more.Whether that is results, changes in management, or the Board, remains to be seen.

This happened in 2014 but the players stuck together and when they started winning the fans came back on board. I think one or two maybe felt a bit like frauds at Wembley. But then again probably not[;)]

Hogesar wrote "name 8 better teams" I think last year there were 3 teams worse than us but we still went down. This season there are certainly many teams capable of frustrating / beating us, and teams who''ll do well in this league. If we continue to play like we have, I think 8th might be about right.