Sign in to follow this  
unique

Nelson Oliveira

[quote user="Ian"]Nah mates, signing a player who has 16 caps for the current intl. European Champions, and by all accounts excellent technical (and two-footed) abilities for a great price is so little old Norwich.

What we should have done is spunked 24 million quid (over 4 years) on a 30-year old chap with no top-level experience and 13 caps for Scotland, who has so far scored one pen in 5 games (?). That''s real ambition chaps, and Delia would do well to look up to Dr. Tony.[/quote]

24 million??......what''s with this including wages thing in the total price all of a sudden?

are we expecting players to play for nothing....or that McCormack is the only player who earns a wage??!?

City completed a permanent deal for Benfica striker Nelson Oliveira over the weekend, with the club poised to officially announce the deal in the next 24 hours

Says the opening paragraph of Steven Naismsiths not a scapegoat article!

No, everyone plays for free at NCFC. No ambition tin-pot club.

Or alternatively, McCormack is reportedly on an exceptionally high wage (45k a week), and commanded a huge transfer fee as well. Pretty sure this has been done to death and you''re just looking to have a moan at the club, but zero resale value and someone who scores a similar number of goals to Jerome, and only ever at this level, make them bat-shit crazy figures IMO.

Surely we realise transfer fees are not the only figure that matters when signing a player?

Just saw that DJC, surely this would be an article in its own right given how big deal is signing a forward actually is?

think I have spotted 4-5 of wavenys alter egos its funny to watch him use 3 of them to talk to himself in a thread

[quote user="Ian"]No, everyone plays for free at NCFC. No ambition tin-pot club.

Or alternatively, McCormack is reportedly on an exceptionally high wage (45k a week), and commanded a huge transfer fee as well. Pretty sure this has been done to death and you''re just looking to have a moan at the club, but zero resale value and someone who scores a similar number of goals to Jerome, and only ever at this level, make them bat-shit crazy figures IMO.

Surely we realise transfer fees are not the only figure that matters when signing a player?[/quote]

well thats fair enough, but if you''re going to talk in those terms for McCormack.....then consistently we would have to for everyone else?....why add the transfer fee + wages together for one player but nobody else?

rumours around this morning that following Forest''s sale of Burke they are looking to re-invest some of that money on signing Oliviera.

..that would just about put the tin lid on it, 36 hours after the Oliviera signing should be "done in the next 24 hours"....and still no announcment??

GLJ it says we completed the deal over the weekend so surely that''s job done, just not announced yet? Although that is all a bit odd!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]rumours around this morning that following Forest''s sale of Burke they are looking to re-invest some of that money on signing Oliviera.

..that would just about put the tin lid on it, 36 hours after the Oliviera signing should be "done in the next 24 hours"....and still no announcment??[/quote]

99.9% certain we''ve signed him - where on earth are these rumours GJL?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I''m loving the way Waveney is talking to himself[/quote]As far as Waveney is concerned you and others are way off the mark Frank. Believe me you are barking up the wrong tree.

If at the eleventh hour Nelson ''O'' signs for Forest.......I would be awfully annoyed and extremely upset.......I may even have a little blub......Boo Hoo........

I''m sure somebody will prove me wrong but I can''t actually remember the club announcing any signings on the weekend.That being said he probably saw the competition he''d face from Naismith and Lafferty and decided to move elsewhere.

No problem signing Nelson

little worried by lack of Goals in his Career but that can change from club to club

More worried about if the manager can get the best out of ANY player !

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]I''m sure somebody will prove me wrong but I can''t actually remember the club announcing any signings on the weekend.That being said he probably saw the competition he''d face from Naismith and Lafferty and decided to move elsewhere.[/quote]I may be wrong but wasn''t Huckerby shown to the crowd on a Boxing Day home game when he signed ?

Doubt it you will have to worry too much, by the time he is ***up to speed*** to quote our manager the season will be coming to an .

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]I''m sure somebody will prove me wrong but I can''t actually remember the club announcing any signings on the weekend.That being said he probably saw the competition he''d face from Naismith and Lafferty and decided to move elsewhere.[/quote]I may be wrong but wasn''t Huckerby shown to the crowd on a Boxing Day home game when he signed ?[/quote]

👍

yes he was Til

other clubs have been signing players all weekend so why are we different ?

why would you wait till a working day football is 24 /7 !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]yes he was Til

other clubs have been signing players all weekend so why are we different ?

why would you wait till a working day football is 24 /7 ![/quote]

This weekends transfers (ALL 7 OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):

28 August

English Football League

Achraf Lazaar [Palermo - Newcastle] Undisclosed

Daryl Murphy [Ipswich - Newcastle] Undisclosed

European

Oliver Burke [Nottingham Forest - Red Bull Leipzig] £13m

27 August

English Football League

Joe Bennett [Aston Villa - Cardiff] Undisclosed

Anton Ferdinand [Reading - Southend] Free

Jamie Paterson [Nottingham Forest - Bristol City] Undisclosed

Matej Vydra [Watford - Derby County] £8m

Don''t post here often. But my mate is a big Forest fan and works at the club. This morning he seems to think that they have come in last minute for Oliveira and that he would favour a move to them.

Typical if so :(

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Don''t post here often. But my mate is a big Forest fan and works at the club. This morning he seems to think that they have come in last minute for Oliveira and that he would favour a move to them.

Typical if so :([/quote]

we can''t even sign someone we don''t particularly want now !!!?!

well might only be 7 but proves you can do it over the weekend

football is not like a office where you say its 5 pm friday i am off home now i will complete the deal on tuesday when then office opens again !!

if you can sign a player with 10 mins to go before end of deadline day sometimes late in the night why wait over the weekend !

this is looking like Nelson maybe waiting over the weekend to see if Forest were going to make a bid to me

Well my mate basically is saying that Oliver Burke (in his mind the next Bale lol) was always going to go if the right money came in for him. They had already accepted a bid from 2 English clubs for him, so were already preparing for life without him, although obviously he has now moved to Germany. . Their chairman has promised 100% re-investment from the sale and apparently Forest will sign anything upto 5 players before end of window. They have already identified all their targets and all are still available.

Not that it matters, but this was his opinion on him when I first said we were interested in signing him.

''''I liked him. He goes missing though but decent for this level. Britt is the man though''''

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]I''m loving the way Waveney is talking to himself[/quote]As far as Waveney is concerned you and others are way off the mark Frank. Believe me you are barking up the wrong tree.[/quote]The young canary is definitely Waveney, pretty sure that young canary and juicy plams are the only Waveney accounts being used at the moment?