Sign in to follow this  
unique

Nelson Oliveira

Unfortunately for Forest Nelson has already signed contract, and paperwork is in, the hold up is just the registration etc!!.

Chill your bones guys

Would imagine its far to late for Forest to be able to hijack Nelson, thou with only injury prone Assambalonga their only striker left after Burke went, Forest are as in dire need, maybe even more so, than us, for another striker.Can for sure see them going in for Rhodes or Austin loan, so maybe thats where they may clash with us...presuming that is we are in for one of those two also.

Dont see Austin getting loaned out he started for Saints at the weekend , as for Forest i think they will lose Assombalonga too , looks like he could be the next target for Villa .

[quote user="Angry man"]Unfortunately for Forest Nelson has already signed contract, and paperwork is in, the hold up is just the registration etc!!.

Chill your bones guys[/quote]Cannot accept that the registration is holding up the announcement. Plenty of players have been announced as signed on the dotted line but have been unable to play the next game as they were not registered in time.

[quote user="Ian"]What''s that phrase? Hoisted by one''s own petard?[/quote]

Actually Ian, no, it''s not. It''s "hoist by one''s own petard". Not hoisted.

Hoist in this instance is the past participle of the verb ''to hoise'', which means to raise aloft or lift up, so very similar to hoist, which is probably why hoist remains in common usage whereas hoise does not...

Unfortunately for Forest Nelson has already signed contract, and paperwork is in, the hold up is just the registration etc!!.

Well if he has signed a contract that he is our player and signed !!

registration is so we can play him in the league

So you would have thought neil would of said all signed sealed BUT not registered in time for the game vs birmingham

Signed contract is a lot more than 75 % its 99.9 %

[quote user="Angry man"]Wait and see people!!![/quote]

Again another embarrassing transfer saga it perplex'' me why it is always to time consuming and difficult for our board and no one else

I''m hoping this guy is what we are looking forWe''ve missed a leader upfront since Grant Holt unfortunately, I read somewhere that the forest fans thought he was a great player

he is not what you would call a goal scorer his stats tell you that !!

but strikers change from club to club different styles etc

so hopefully his goals are going to flow here happy to wait till he has played in our team to judge him

i am also happy a perm transfer if he does come good least we profit

i hate the club loaning players cost to much for little return

if they are youngsters they are stopping our young players progressing

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="ron obvious"]Looking a bit serious:

"Nelson Oliveira has completed his Norwich medical ahead of his switch from Benfica, according to Maisfutebol."[/quote]Will be confirmed tomorrow and he''s not on loan.[/quote]Posted above way back on page six of this thread, yet still you dunderheads deemed it necessary to fill it up with doubts of Oliveira signing on a permanent [:$]

Glad to get this one through the door. Seems a shrewd signing and one that means the attacking mid will continue to thrive in the scoring department. Looks like he''ll lead the line well. Hopefully we aren''t done yet and we get one more striker through the door but I''d say it''s crisis averted and I''m looking forward to seeing him play. Permanent too which is way better than another bloody loan!

I had wanted a ''marquee'' and a ''promising.''

Established name in the McCormack, Assembongala, Rhodes mould ... expensive but with a reasonable degree of success in the scoring department guaranteed.

Young up-and-coming striker from the lower leagues who has been making a name for himself and shown potential.

This signing is neither one thing nor the other in this respect but it still satisfies me quite a lot.

Oliveira has some pedigree, an international, decent write-ups and the (essential) YouTube clips are positive. His goal ratio is fair only but he is exactly the right age to benefit from his past and kick on with his career to the benefit of all at Carrow Road.

To say that we might have unearthed a gem is stretching it a bit but there seems every fair wind suggesting that that he might now be embarking upon the best period of his career so far.

Got a good feeling but we should definitely strive for 1 more even if it''s a loan

Will be tense as all hell before the end of the window!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I just love all these angry posters over something we have absolutely no control. I reckon 3 or 4 will be on valium before they get pinched and punched...

Anyway, I was in Cromer today and the word on the crabline is for Matt Ritchie''s brother Meborlsah.[/quote]This deserves a very belated [:D]