Sign in to follow this  
unique

Nelson Oliveira

[quote user="iron_stan"]he wont score 20 goals this season

we need a 20 goal striker

wasted money

[/quote]How many goals will he score then? Also could you give me the next three Grand National winners as well?

iff im wrong ill present match of the day in my pants

he wont score 20 goals, hes not shown the ability to do that at any point of his career, i predict hell replace lafferty as a bench warmer

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="iron_stan"]he wont score 20 goals this season

we need a 20 goal striker

wasted money

[/quote]How many goals will he score then? Also could you give me the next three Grand National winners as well?

[/quote]I think what dear old Stanley is trying to say is that he''s still sulking because we didn''t pay an ambitious amount of money to sign 30-year-old Ross McCormack, who will not score 20 goals for Villa this season.WAAAAAAAH! [:''(]

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]Of course you''re right, other than the Forrest fans rate him highly. He has 15 senior caps for the current European champions and has been capped at every youth level. He has Champions League experience. He''s strong and looks to be able to hold the ball up well. He has a fair bit of pace and will trouble defences with it. He is good with both feet. He looks to have a shot from distance. At 25 he will be coming into his prime. Manchester United, Machester City and Real Madrid have all been linked with him over the last 5 years. He has played plenty of Championship football. He suits our style of play under Neil. But other than that, you''re right, there''s nothing positive to say.

[/quote]so was ricky van wolfwinkle ;)and we all know how that panned out

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]I think what dear old Stanley is trying to say is that he''s still sulking because we didn''t pay an ambitious amount of money to sign 30-year-old Ross McCormack, who will not score 20 goals for Villa this season.WAAAAAAAH! [:''(][/quote]

i didnt want mccormack either, far too old for the price

oliviera as a squad player/cover is ok, but jerome is a better shout, so its no improvement

rhodes or assombalonga, proven championship scorers, club needs to spend big if we want to compete at the top of this league

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Feedthewolf"]I think what dear old Stanley is trying to say is that he''s still sulking because we didn''t pay an ambitious amount of money to sign 30-year-old Ross McCormack, who will not score 20 goals for Villa this season.WAAAAAAAH! [:''(][/quote]

i didnt want mccormack either, far too old for the price

oliviera as a squad player/cover is ok, but jerome is a better shout, so its no improvement

rhodes or assombalonga, proven championship scorers, club needs to spend big if we want to compete at the top of this league[/quote]Okay Stan, fair enough. But what do you KNOW about Oliveira? Be honest, you don''t know anything about the guy, so how do you know he''s no better than Jerome? Only time will tell. Also, you don''t even know if he''s going to be our number 9.And you don''t HAVE to spend big to compete. It''s perfectly possible to be successful in this league without spending tons of money, if you have good enough tactics and management... and the jury''s out on that.And I''d love Assombalonga or Rhodes, for the record.

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"]Of course you''re right, other than the Forrest fans rate him highly. He has 15 senior caps for the current European champions and has been capped at every youth level. He has Champions League experience. He''s strong and looks to be able to hold the ball up well. He has a fair bit of pace and will trouble defences with it. He is good with both feet. He looks to have a shot from distance. At 25 he will be coming into his prime. Manchester United, Machester City and Real Madrid have all been linked with him over the last 5 years. He has played plenty of Championship football. He suits our style of play under Neil. But other than that, you''re right, there''s nothing positive to say.

[/quote]so was ricky van wolfwinkle ;)and we all know how that panned out[/quote]And Grant Holt had only scored goals for Shrewsbury and Rochdale. And we all know how that panned out.

If he was any good he wouldnt have been at bottom half of the Champs Forest last season , we need a quality goalscorer but once again just like always we get the cheap option nobody else is interested in .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]If he was any good he wouldnt have been at bottom half of the Champs Forest last season[/quote]Same club as Assombalonga, who everyone is desperate to sign. Why are you so retarded?

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="CanaryOne"]If he was any good he wouldnt have been at bottom half of the Champs Forest last season[/quote]Same club as Assombalonga, who everyone is desperate to sign. Why are you so retarded?[/quote]Me retarded you are an absolute fucking thick c u n t , Assombolonga is a youngster on his way up in football you dont see him loaned out to any shit team every year no doubt his big move will come this season or next .Grow the fuck up you are like a spoiled little kid as for football find another sport that does not make you look such a ignorant arsehole

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="CanaryOne"]If he was any good he wouldnt have been at bottom half of the Champs Forest last season[/quote]Same club as Assombalonga, who everyone is desperate to sign. Why are you so retarded?[/quote]Me retarded you are an absolute fucking thick c u n t , Assombolonga is a youngster on his way up in football you dont see him loaned out to any shit team every year no doubt his big move will come this season or next .Grow the fuck up you are like a spoiled little kid as for football find another sport that does not make you look such a ignorant arsehole [/quote]The point remains valid. Assombalonga (who I would like to see in a City shirt) does play for the same bottom half of the Champs Forrest. So if you are to remain consistent to your claim, he can''t be any good either.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="CanaryOne"]If he was any good he wouldnt have been at bottom half of the Champs Forest last season[/quote]Same club as Assombalonga, who everyone is desperate to sign. Why are you so retarded?[/quote]Me retarded you are an absolute fucking thick c u n t , Assombolonga is a youngster on his way up in football you dont see him loaned out to any shit team every year no doubt his big move will come this season or next .Grow the fuck up you are like a spoiled little kid as for football find another sport that does not make you look such a ignorant arsehole [/quote]Wonderful stuff.You said: "If he was any good he wouldnt have been at bottom half of the Champs Forest last season"This implies that anyone who is any good wouldn''t play for a team in the bottom half of the Championship, which is obviously complete nonsense.You are losing this argument, and losing at life. It''s quite embarrassing. I suggest taking an evening class in something, possibly anger management.

Oh please just f u ck off there is a complete difference between a player who has moved from Peterboro to Forest and waiting for the next move up to a player who is loaned out year after year , wonder why nobody wants him ? oh wait alog came Norwich .As for anger management funny its you on every thread blowing your top , take your own advice sunshine .

What''s that phrase? Hoisted by one''s own petard?

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Oh please just f u ck off there is a complete difference between a player who has moved from Peterboro to Forest and waiting for the next move up to a player who is loaned out year after year , wonder why nobody wants him ? oh wait alog came Norwich .As for anger management funny its you on every thread blowing your top , take your own advice sunshine .[/quote]I''m totally calm, I just understand the concept of rhetoric and catharsis. You''re funny.

How about we actually give him a chance?

Not every striker we sign from Europe is going to be the next RVW, not every striker that has been on loaned out by a champions league club is useless and not every striker who costs under £10m is rubbish.

Obviously we can''t guarantee he will be POTS or win the golden boot, but he comes with good reviews from Forest fans and most importantly it means we can actually start a bloody striker next time Jerome is injured.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]How about we actually give him a chance?

Not every striker we sign from Europe is going to be the next RVW, not every striker that has been on loaned out by a champions league club is useless and not every striker who costs under £10m is rubbish.

Obviously we can''t guarantee he will be POTS or win the golden boot, but he comes with good reviews from Forest fans and most importantly it means we can actually start a bloody striker next time Jerome is injured.[/quote]Far too rational, I''m afraid. We need to complain pre-emptively, as well as when he joins, on his debut, after he misses his first sitter and after he''s left.

Nah mates, signing a player who has 16 caps for the current intl. European Champions, and by all accounts excellent technical (and two-footed) abilities for a great price is so little old Norwich.

What we should have done is spunked 24 million quid (over 4 years) on a 30-year old chap with no top-level experience and 13 caps for Scotland, who has so far scored one pen in 5 games (?). That''s real ambition chaps, and Delia would do well to look up to Dr. Tony.

Oliveira is just what we need, that with Olsson and Pinto coming back into the side. Not to mention Pritchard. Would have been a totally different dynamic at Birmingham. That''s why I remain optimistic 👍

[quote user="Alex "]Oliveira is just what we need, that with Olsson and Pinto coming back into the side. Not to mention Pritchard. Would have been a totally different dynamic at Birmingham. That''s why I remain optimistic 👍[/quote]

Totally agree

After sleeping on it and calming down, I''m beginning to think the future is still bright esp if we get our players back fit.

Not sure about Nelson Olivera, I watched him a few times at Forrest last season (as I live here and take my sons) and he didn''t look great. The Forrest fans had a song for him:

''You''re flipping poo, you''re flipping poo!''

Will be a top signing for us though - optimism!!

Quite happy with this signing. If we could add Rhodes into the mix and shift Naismith out for anything near what we paid id be delighted

I think with AN only playing one striker, it will be Oliviera & one other probably on loan, with Laffs out the door by the end of the transfer window.

But always hope for more.