Sign in to follow this  
unique

Nelson Oliveira

Seems a good buy to me at 5 Million. He''s still a few years away from his peak as a striker as well and looks a decent footballer.

A promising young striker on loan or a gamble from League 1 as well as this and we should be well set.

After AN has got him ''up to speed'' we''ll probably see him come off the bench v Forest in a few games time.

It''ll be interesting to see what happens to Lafferty now. AN looked really pleased when he scored on Tuesday and tbh, I really don''t see why he doesn''t fit our style of play, even if he isn''t that good

[quote user="The young canary"]This will be the most under whelming signing that we have made in years if it comes off[/quote]Thanks waveney

Nelson Oliveira is a good back up / sub ( better than we have now ) but he has hardly set the goalscoring records alight in any club he has been at including the championship

so to come in here and start scoring 15 + goals would be nice and you never know how a player performs until he gets here aka Holt but oliveria needs to improve on what he has scored before

still would like a player who has found the net more in his career than Oliveria and jerome

i would take a gamble on a fast pacey striker who has scored goals at a lower league as dean ashton said when he joined us hitting the corner of the net is the same no matter what league you are in

but oliveria is a good start but i hope he is not our main striker

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Nelson Oliveira is a good back up / sub ( better than we have now ) but he has hardly set the goalscoring records alight in any club he has been at including the championship

so to come in here and start scoring 15 + goals would be nice and you never know how a player performs until he gets here aka Holt but oliveria needs to improve on what he has scored before

still would like a player who has found the net more in his career than Oliveria and jerome

i would take a gamble on a fast pacey striker who has scored goals at a lower league as dean ashton said when he joined us hitting the corner of the net is the same no matter what league you are in

but oliveria is a good start but i hope he is not our main striker[/quote]

Wouldn''t like to disagree with Deano as he actually knows his stuff but seems a funny thing to say - the corner of the net maybe the same shape and size, but surely the man who scores 30 goals a season in the Jewson Wessex League isn''t a better striker than the man who scores 10 in the Premier League?!

Really think we''re getting the best we can for our money, and any bloke who plays alongside, and has the respect of, bleedin'' Ronaldo is good enough for me!. If we sign him I''ll be very pleased, the more Pinto''s/Canos''s/Oliveira''s we have, hopefully the easier it''ll be to attract their compatriots in future 👍

If £5m fee forget it we don''t have the money. Benfica want rid evidently likely to be more like £2m perhaps maybe too rich for our stingy benefactors. Balls get your hand in your pocket however you like spending other peoples money don''t you.

Cannot understand any negativity about this.

1. He''s a Portuguese international striker

2. He''s played in and scored goals in the Champs

3. He''s young and hungry

4. Alex Neil thinks he''s a good fit for his system and squad

5. We desperately need a new striker!

My question is WHEN WILL WE ACTUALLY CONFIRM THE SIGNING?!

You''d imagine that if, as the rumours suggest, he has passed the medical we''ll want to rush it through so he can be in the squad if he''s fit enough to be.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Cannot understand any negativity about this.

1. He''s a Portuguese international striker

2. He''s played in and scored goals in the Champs

3. He''s young and hungry

4. Alex Neil thinks he''s a good fit for his system and squad

5. We desperately need a new striker!

My question is WHEN WILL WE ACTUALLY CONFIRM THE SIGNING?![/quote]

👍

[quote user="pete"]If £5m fee forget it we don''t have the money. Benfica want rid evidently likely to be more like £2m perhaps maybe too rich for our stingy benefactors. Balls get your hand in your pocket however you like spending other peoples money don''t you.[/quote]

You''ll be the first to complain if we didn''t sign a striker before deadline day so give it a rest. Your constant bitching and sniping of all things NCFC is absolutely tedious - can understand real fans who moan about some things, but tellingly they''re also BALANCED in that they do also have positive things to say re our wonderful football club, you on the other hand are something else - based on that, I don''t think it''s unreasonable to think you''re an old binner who''s here purely on a wind up.

So Alex I take it you are delighted with how the striker situation has developed so far over the summer?

The club deserve heavy criticism after 2 summer transfer windows where they have screwed up big style

[quote user="The young canary"]So Alex I take it you are delighted with how the striker situation has developed so far over the summer?

The club deserve heavy criticism after 2 summer transfer windows where they have screwed up big style[/quote]I''ll judge the transfer window when it''s finished, Waveney. If we get the right people before it closes, it will have been a success. If we don''t, the criticism will follow and will be fully justified.

I guarantee all the people saying we should spunk money left right and centre on every striker going haven''t got a pot to piss in!

If you''d been burnt by an 8 million donkey you''d certainly keep your cash in your pocket.

The club is in its most stable period of its existence and our purchases this window in Pritchard, Canos and especially Maddison have been absolutely fantastic business for a club of our stature.

The team has enough goals in it as it is in my opinion, another striker would be icing on the cake.

I''d laugh if I was Delia reading how trolls reckon I should spunk the budget!

[quote user="The young canary"]So Alex I take it you are delighted with how the striker situation has developed so far over the summer?

The club deserve heavy criticism after 2 summer transfer windows where they have screwed up big style[/quote]

Nope, I''m not one of the hysterical''s Young Canary, you''re correct. 2 wins, 2 draws, and comfortably through in the cup with much talent at our disposal. Very happy with the additions of Canos and Pritchard etc. Not signing a striker or 2 on the first day of the transfer window hasn''t warrented histrionics as far as I''m concerned for the above reasons - I''m happy to assess the striker situation when the window is closed and we''ve got one or two in, which we will - I trust the club that means everything to me, you should try it 👍

All but confirmed in AN''s presser today ahead of Birmingham. Not likely in time for this weekend but with 2 weeks now to get fit and ready, I don''t mind that.

Good signing.

Duncan Edwards wrote the following post at 24/08/2016 5:55 PM:

Wouldn''t be a signing to set the pulse racing but then neither would McCormack or Rhodes. Anyway, this year is surely all about short term goals and if he helps us achieve promotion we can offload him and replace with better if its an initial loan.

Agree with this, need the add in another young striker who we can hopefully develop.

I simply don''t understand wanting to sign this player. He''s 25 and has spent the vast majority of his time at Benfica being shipped out on loan. Why don''t they want to play him? At least Ricky van Wolfswinkel got games in the Portuguese league. His goals to games record is poor/mediocre. Don''t we want a proven goalscorer? I can''t believe we have waited all summer and several games into the start of the new season for a player like this to arrive. That said, Neil may see him slotting into the side perfectly and he has some experience in this league. Still, our transfer track record has been highly dubious the past few seasons so have little faith.

Young canary

So Alex I take it you are delighted with how the striker situation has developed so far over the summer?

The club deserve heavy criticism after 2 summer transfer windows where they have screwed up big style.

Hopefully young canary you are still young enough to take up another hobby ? why would you want to aim "heavy criticiscm at the club you supposedly support ?

[quote user="Mason 47"]All but confirmed in AN''s presser today ahead of Birmingham. Not likely in time for this weekend but with 2 weeks now to get fit and ready, I don''t mind that.

Good signing.[/quote]

Great news Mason, and after the McCormack nonsense plus knowing about some folk getting impatient then I don''t think he''d have said what he''s said if it wasn''t a done deal - will be very happy with this one 👍

[quote user="Mason 47"]All but confirmed in AN''s presser today ahead of Birmingham. Not likely in time for this weekend but with 2 weeks now to get fit and ready, I don''t mind that.

Good signing.[/quote]Michael Bailey saying it''s a permanent deal, good stuff.Now wait for all the people who were saying "we won''t sign a striker, all we will get is a last-minute loan deal" change their tune and start saying "he''s a donkey, why are we wasting our money on cr@p players like this?" [:D]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Mason 47"]All but confirmed in AN''s presser today ahead of Birmingham. Not likely in time for this weekend but with 2 weeks now to get fit and ready, I don''t mind that.

Good signing.[/quote]Michael Bailey saying it''s a permanent deal, good stuff.Now wait for all the people who were saying "we won''t sign a striker, all we will get is a last-minute loan deal" change their tune and start saying "he''s a donkey, why are we wasting our money on cr@p players like this?" [:D][/quote]Oh, it''s started already. Congratulations Sir Blobfish, you were the quickest whinger off the mark!

It''ll be both inevitable and hilarious, Feedthewolf 😂

We can look forward to the next striker who arrives before the end of the window too 👍

[quote user="Alex "]It''ll be both inevitable and hilarious, Feedthewolf 😂

We can look forward to the next striker who arrives before the end of the window too 👍[/quote]We won''t sign anyone else, and even if we do it''ll be a disappointing loan deal. Olsson and Brady will both be sold on the last day of the window, Whittaker will get another contract extension, and Naismith will be frozen out of the first team for having a nap near the corner flag away to Rotherham.

75% done, probably a permanent not loan deal and completed after the weekend - apparently the boy has magic in his feet and is a modern day no 9. Good to hear the manager excited about him.

And just as crucially confirmed that he wanted to get another striker in too.

Hopefully should calm the weak and over full bladdered...

I would be pretty sure that the next striker will be on loan.

Now if we can persuade onguene to sign too then this will have been a great window...

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Mason 47"]All but confirmed in AN''s presser today ahead of Birmingham. Not likely in time for this weekend but with 2 weeks now to get fit and ready, I don''t mind that.

Good signing.[/quote]Michael Bailey saying it''s a permanent deal, good stuff.Now wait for all the people who were saying "we won''t sign a striker, all we will get is a last-minute loan deal" change their tune and start saying "he''s a donkey, why are we wasting our money on cr@p players like this?" [:D][/quote]Oh, it''s started already. Congratulations Sir Blobfish, you were the quickest whinger off the mark![/quote]A tough award to earn on this forum, I know. You''re kidding yourself if you think this an ambitious signing for a side that''s trying to bounce straight back into the prem. We know our current weakness is up front (Jerome, Lafferty, Morris). Hope he does well if signed but I want to see a second striker coming in before the window, as Neil suggested before.

Looking at some Oliveira videos and stats he actually looks a little like McCormack.

Likes to move away from central areas, likes the ball played to feet, decent at setting up chances and loves a long shot.

He scored once every 230 mins for Forest last season, which is a better scoring rate than Rhodes had while at Blackburn. Conversion rate of 10% isn''t great, but if you only look at shots and goals from inside the box it jumps to 17% which is pretty good.

Get the ball to him in dangerous areas and he will score by the looks of things. He''ll also add a threat from range which Norwich really lack at the moment, not many Norwich players like having a pop from range so hopefully he''ll draw defences out a little.

He lacks a real turn of pace and there is a threat of him also dropping into an already crowded area just outside the box. Also be a question mark over his fitness as not involved at Benfica, may take a few weeks to get up to speed.

The fact no one else was linked to him probably tells you all you need to know about his quality

I just hope the other striker is a 20 goal a season player or we are screwed

Excellent news, and thanks Bethnal for a little information on how he plays as can''t say I''m very familiar with him. Look forward to the signing being confirmed and seeing what he can bring to the table.

With this signing and news that we actually had an offer accepted for McCormack it should piss on a few trolls bonfires. One more striker, keep hold of Brady and Olsson then we will have a very strong looking squad to challenge for the top 2.