Sign in to follow this  
unique

Nelson Oliveira

Linked with Norwich....

Jeez....this is scraping the barrel.

One goal every six games.....one assist every twenty-nine games.

Please, no.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/24/gb-norwich-eye-nelson-oliveira-deal/?utm_medium=share%2Bbutton&utm_campaign=social%2Bmedia&utm_content=/en-gb/2016/08/24/gb-norwich-eye-nelson-oliveira-deal/

Lafferty can also be a handful and few of us want him kept on.

Some of these rumours seem to be ssing us take a step down that ladder. From £15m McCormack, talk of Wells and even Rhodes to this chap.

The Dame might not be too bad an input, but we would need another versatile poacher (probably like Wells or even Lewis Grabban)in addition.

He''s a good player.

Forest''s top scorer last season, .4 goals per 90 (the same rate as Rhodes last season). Was highly rated by fans who wanted to see him signed on a permanent deal.

He loves a shot from outside the box, which would be really useful in the current Norwich team who can sometimes get a little over intricate. He''s resonably quick and can also win headers and hold the ball up.

Overall, I''d say that it would be a good signing. Potentially a bargain as well.

HITC Sport claim Norwich have agreed a deal with Benfica.

We need a ''goal scorer'' and not a ''handful''.

Your praise of him BYG got me onto Wiki.

As usual it put me right.

He could well do a job. A Portuguese international with a decent scoring rate. He didn''t do too well during his loan at Swansea but seems usefuk at Chumps level.

[quote user="unique"]HITC Sport claim Norwich have agreed a deal with Benfica.

We need a ''goal scorer'' and not a ''handful''.[/quote]

He is a goalscorer you t**t

This would be a good starting point- big, reasonably powerful, seems like a solid alternative to Jerome. Still think we''d need one more though.

Feels like any port in a storm, must sign someone. Oliveira could be a good addition, yes from me.

[quote user="ec-p"]Feels like any port in a storm, must sign someone.[/quote]

Trust me, come deadline day, that''ll be the next complaint 😉

1 in 6 is not my definition of a good goal-scoring CF.

Norwich should be looking for a 20+goals-a-season striker, which is slightly better than 1 in 3.

Norwich would be just as well-off throwing Lafferty into the fray, rather than trawling agents''lists in dire desperation.

[quote user="unique"]1 in 6 is not my definition of a good goal-scoring CF.[/quote]No it''s not.But 1 in 3 in the Championship last year is - and is pretty much just as good as Ross McCormick has done in his career in the same league.Like others have said - providing there is another plan B signing as well, I think this could have a good bit of business.

I''m loving the Nelson/Norfolk connection, so a definite yes from me.

Nelson also said "Desperate affairs require desperate remedies."

Oliveira scored a non-penalty goal once every 230 mins last season.

Jordan Rhodes scored a non-penalty goal once every 257 last season. When you consider Rhodes spent 1000 of his 3000 mins last season at 2nd placed Boro then Oliveira doesn''t look too awful. Or Jordan Rhodes is looking less good.

We can probably put this in the same basket as "loan deal agreed for N''Doye" and "Norwich in talks with Rhodes" or "McCormak to sign for Norwich this week"

I''ll be waiting until we actually announcing something as I''ve given up with everything else!

While I''d be happy with Oliveira, Rhodes has scored consistently in the Championship over many seasons- bit pointless just looking at the most recent season.

He sustained a record of better than one in two in the league for Blackburn across 3 and a half seasons which is quite incredible really.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]I''m loving the Nelson/Norfolk connection, so a definite yes from me.

Nelson also said "Desperate affairs require desperate remedies."[/quote]

With the admiral leading the charge what could go wrong?

I''ll wait and see what happens - he''s used to Champ football, so should fit in quickly, but I hope that AN is justified in expecting another striker. If it''s Rhodes and Oliveira on loan, I would be happy with that.

His career goal scoring stats won''t get any pulses racing but I think he could offer us the movement and pace (alongside physical/aerial presence) we''re lacking up front. 1in3 in the Championship isn''t bad if he''s able to work the opposition back line to create space and opportunities for the offensive trio behind him.

If the deal was reasonably priced it would appear to make sense, hopefully alongside another.

If his career goal-scoring stats won''t get any pulses racing, then his assist record will have you positively comatose......1 in 29.

I bet he gets booked more often than that.......

[quote user="Stone"]His career goal scoring stats won''t get any pulses racing but I think he could offer us the movement and pace (alongside physical/aerial presence) we''re lacking up front. 1in3 in the Championship isn''t bad if he''s able to work the opposition back line to create space and opportunities for the offensive trio behind him.

If the deal was reasonably priced it would appear to make sense, hopefully alongside another.[/quote]

Agree with this. Of his 27 appearances, how many were starts ? Not sure where to look to find this information.

23 goals in 50 starts, which is a decent return. But with 65 sub appearances, I''d wonder why he doesn''t start more regularly. Albeit half of his 50 career starts were last season for Forest, so I guess that''s something.

Not a bad signing. Not a replacement for Jerome, but certainly worthwhile competition.