Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Sterling is Redmond, Redmond is Sterling!

Sterling doesn''t have a clue what to do with the ball, most of the England attacks finished with him.

Even non Norwich supporters would prefer Redmond and I think this will happen as soon as he moves on.

The England defence is so inexperienced and is going to panic when put under pressure. Russia were awful and if Woy is happy with that performance it will be the usual exit in the group stages.

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]What exactly does Lallana do to be on the pitch?

IMO there are too many players in the team who are there because they were good a few years ago - and usually for their previous team, such as Lallana and Sterling.

Also, what is Milner for, apart from giving the ball away?[/quote]I''d normally agree with you but last night I thought Lallana had a good game. Sterling was full of pace, but that pace was too quick for himself and other players.Milner was a poor sub. Should have brought on someone like Vardy that would have kept their team busier in their own half.

Lallana did have a good game. Probably only bettered by Rooney.

In the first half Lallana, Sterling and Ali linked up pretty well. Lallana always fades in the second half though- ask Liverpool fans.

Biggest surprise for me was how good Walker was.

Walker has come on a lot. Although Russia started to get wise to him.

Yeah, I also think as Lallana tired it meant there was less space for him to exploit.

I''ve always viewed Walker as a poor defender whose pace can bail him out when he gets caught out of position. However last night he managed to balance out his defensive and attacking duties well.

Sterling looked like he didnt want to be there at times

i am sure vardy would have had more end product

thought rooney played well sees things other players dont range of passing is class

Thought Sterling done well in using his pace to bring us up the pitch but his inability to cross or finish is a bit of a problem.

Agree with the general opinion. Just like Redmond looks a bit pacey and difficult to handle but on most occasions no end product. On the basis he was transferred for 46m odd, Redmond with no full international caps must be worth a min 20m. That is if any manager has money to throw away at that level. In common with similar players i.e. Lennon, Wright-Phillips and Sterling these lads are quick and clever with the ball but do not seem to have the real football ability to move on.

Sterling played well when he was at Liverpool in a side where Suarez was scoring goals for fun and Sturridge was not injured, and most players would look good having someone like that putting the ball in the back of the net, then when he went to Man City he cant even get in the side over Navas and when he has played he has not looked very good and he is worth £50 million.

That makes Redmond worth loads he has bags of potential thta has never been delivered the way we play football Southampton are interested and i can see why Mane is being linked with other teams for around £30 million and Redmond is a cheap replacement, when Redmond plays for the U21''s he is a different player and i expect another manager to get more out of him, he should be going for around the £20 million mark but will actually go for between 8-12 million, even when as a club we talk about not having to sell players we do and also as he has not signed a new deal because he wants to move on, with the whisperings that are coming from the club then who can blame him.

England were poor after Rooney and Sterling went off. I wouldn''t have Milner anywhere near our national squad.

Vardy would have been the obvious replacement as an outlet. Bad substitutions, bad decision making.

To be fair to Sterling I thought he put in one hell of a shift. Lacking in quality yes, but up and down the pitch all game. Rose was nowhere near assured once Sterling left the pitch and had Milner in front of him.