Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Brady in the shop window

As much as I''d like us to hang on to Brady for next season he''s likeley to be in demand (and is supposedly on our for sale list - but so was Jerome who''s just signed another 3 year deal). If he has a decent tournament it will hopefully push up his transfer value which we can spend on the areas that really need strengthening.

Brady had a mixed season for me, and it is never wise to buy a player on the back of a tournament performance.

So, you just never know.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]As much as I''d like us to hang on to Brady for next season he''s likeley to be in demand (and is supposedly on our for sale list - but so was Jerome who''s just signed another 3 year deal). If he has a decent tournament it will hopefully push up his transfer value which we can spend on the areas that really need strengthening.[/quote]Does the same apply to Wes?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Haggerdoo"]As much as I''d like us to hang on to Brady for next season he''s likeley to be in demand (and is supposedly on our for sale list - but so was Jerome who''s just signed another 3 year deal). If he has a decent tournament it will hopefully push up his transfer value which we can spend on the areas that really need strengthening.[/quote]Does the same apply to Wes?[/quote]Possibly Wes too - but his age may go against him (and he is not on the supposed selling list like Brady) - wouldn''t want to lose both of them to be honest - would be a big chunk of our creativity gone.

Phew. Would hate to think there was another list for people to panic about 😉

Brady is a good, developing young player. I''m sure he won''t be too disheartened at a year of Championship football as long as we''re in the top lot all season. If we''re not challenging come January then I can understand players like him and Redmond wanting to leave. For now though, I''d like to think they want to stay. That said, if someone comes in with a really ridiculous offer and pay top dollar then they can have him at the right price.

It''s certainly good for any prospective fee we might get. I do have concerns about players in the Euros getting a decent rest before the season starts in August - this goes for players we have/might sell as well as those we might look to buy.

Can I be the first to say;

''Why doesn''t he do that for City?''👅

He is having a great game and why, because he is playing in his best position - left back. Tailed off last season when he was played in midfield. Needs that extra space and room to go forward which a full back enjoys.

By the way also noticed that Wes has just scored using his best foot !!!

Exactly Fuzzar! If Brady was used solely at LB, how could we choose between him and Olsson? Both are class and need to be in the starting 11.