Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Adel gafaiti tweets. Read this

lets see where he is in 5 years timemy prediction is cambridge or luton

we havnt developed any genuine first team players for years, i hope the murphys get a chance, but might as well abandon the academy/youth team

I get confused. I thought the club was Delia''s dollies house where she''d appoint a manager who out of his depth, the club fails and then McNally steps in and appoints a proper manager. Then the cycle is repeated. This belief meant all successful appointments were down to McNally and the unsuccessful ones were down to Delia. This load of nonsense fitted many agendas and has been repeated on here for years. Now it appears that McNally was the evil dictator appointing yes men so perhaps Delia was responsible for the successful ones?

I''d just like to say that during McNally''s tenure anybody suggesting things where far from rosey was put down and most likely called a Binner. I find it interesting now that he has gone there are more and more stories (for want of a better word) of how actually it was and his general unpopularity within the club.

Ron,

It can be observed that when a senior figure (or sometimes even not so senior) leaves an organisation a remarkably high percentage of that organisations endemic or current failings are immediately attributed to the departing individual.

Parma

True Parma, but I making the point that when this was brought up during his tenure it and the poster was ridiculed!!

Thats fine Ron. But as you know I don''t get involved in all this gossip and tittle tattle. There may be some truth in some of it or even most of it. However, as with my example, the gossip and tittle tattle very often contradicts itself.

Nutty, I didn''t mention you and please understand that whilst we have had discussions about him my comments were in no way aimed at your fine self!

I didnt take them to be Ron :)

I was making a general point about the gossip and tittle tattle that gets repeated on here buddy.

[quote user="capricorn1"]I know this thread isn''t about Cameron McGeehan, but as he''s been mentioned and has made some negative comments here goes.

So, he did extremely well for us int he Youth Cup and the club and fans should be very proud of that achievement. But since then, he went out on Luton who were then non-league and consequently signed for them as he saw no future at Norwich. He''s got a couple of seasons under his belt now at Luton, were he''s very well regarded. But so far, no "bigger" clubs playing at a higher level have come in for him. Maybe that tells us all we need to know? He''s found his level and the club knew that when they released him?

I do wish him well for the future, but maybe it''s sour grapes as he felt he was a shoe-in to the first team but just didn''t cut the mustard?[/quote]Give the lad a chance! He has just turned 21 and has only had one full season at Luton. From what I''ve seen of him it''s a sure bet that he''ll eventually play at a higher level imho.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]For those questioning the identity of The Man From Mulbarton our Football Board was made up of two people who have never played the game at a professional level plus the Head of Recruitment and our manager. One of those four has recently left so i am sure it can therefore be worked out. Coaching badges do not count for much unlike you can put it into practise and command the respect of all around you in the game. The football world is full of great players who although have coaching qualifications failed miserably as managers and coaches.Some succeed, many do not so because the man in question may have the qualifications it does not mean is is respected by the players at Colney.[/quote]That won''t do. You said there were people plural on the football staff who were non-football. You have in some roundabout nudge-nudge way I don''t see the need for mentioned one, who plainly is a football person, having been in the professional game for many years now, including leading the academy to Category One status. Whether he is respected or not is another matter, but not what you were claiming. And I notice the lack of any other names.[/quote]I did not say football staff when in fact i said Football Board which was/is McNally, Martin, AN and Lee Darnbrough who i assume is now replaced by Tony Spearing. Two of those have not played professional football and surely i do not have to spell it out who those two are Purple ?

least spearing has played the game and been at some clubs in the PL as scout / head of European recruitment

so he can be ruled out ;-)

I''d suggest he''s talking about 1 of 2 parties:

1. Ricky Martin...... The guy allegedly has such a bad reputation at youth level. I know people who have worked under him and have described him in exactly the same way!

2. Less likely in my mind but possibly Foulger or Delia but shouldn''t think he''s too exposed to them.

I suspect he''s talking about Martin though, he allegedly isn''t constructive with advice, gives players that he doesn''t fancy the cold shoulder with no explanation and has no interest in their future.

That''s my take on it anyway.

[quote user="Cobain18"]I''d suggest he''s talking about 1 of 2 parties:

1. Ricky Martin...... The guy allegedly has such a bad reputation at youth level. I know people who have worked under him and have described him in exactly the same way!

I suspect he''s talking about Martin though, he allegedly isn''t constructive with advice, gives players that he doesn''t fancy the cold shoulder with no explanation and has no interest in their future.

That''s my take on it anyway.[/quote]Huzzah ! as someone would say.

" ......... isn''t constructive with advice, gives players that he doesn''t fancy the cold shoulder with no explanation and has no interest in their future."
Blow me, I thought this must be a thread about the Messiah who, if you talk to those on the receiving end, was allegedly viewed in much the same way. It takes all sorts as they say.  In any walk of life, if you listen to people with grievances you are likely to get a one-sided story. 
Also, like bad versus good news, positive feelings don''t make headlines. Haven''t noticed anyone quoting Cameron Jerome rather than Adel Gefaiti/Cameron McGeehan: 
“It’s nice to get this deal over the line early on so I can come back fully focused ready for next season,” he said. “Within a couple of weeks of joining I realised what a good club this was. It’s a good set of players and the manager is really enthusiastic and wants to help the lads improve."

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]" ......... isn''t constructive with advice, gives players that he doesn''t fancy the cold shoulder with no explanation and has no interest in their future."
Blow me, I thought this must be a thread about the Messiah who, if you talk to those on the receiving end, was allegedly viewed in much the same way. It takes all sorts as they say.  In any walk of life, if you listen to people with grievances you are likely to get a one-sided story. 
Also, like bad versus good news, positive feelings don''t make headlines. Haven''t noticed anyone quoting Cameron Jerome rather than Adel Gefaiti/Cameron McGeehan: 
“It’s nice to get this deal over the line early on so I can come back fully focused ready for next season,” he said. “Within a couple of weeks of joining I realised what a good club this was. It’s a good set of players and the manager is really enthusiastic and wants to help the lads improve."
[/quote][Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]For those questioning the identity of The Man From Mulbarton our Football Board was made up of two people who have never played the game at a professional level plus the Head of Recruitment and our manager. One of those four has recently left so i am sure it can therefore be worked out. Coaching badges do not count for much unlike you can put it into practise and command the respect of all around you in the game. The football world is full of great players who although have coaching qualifications failed miserably as managers and coaches.Some succeed, many do not so because the man in question may have the qualifications it does not mean is is respected by the players at Colney.[/quote]That won''t do. You said there were people plural on the football staff who were non-football. You have in some roundabout nudge-nudge way I don''t see the need for mentioned one, who plainly is a football person, having been in the professional game for many years now, including leading the academy to Category One status. Whether he is respected or not is another matter, but not what you were claiming. And I notice the lack of any other names.[/quote]I did not say football staff when in fact i said Football Board which was/is McNally, Martin, AN and Lee Darnbrough who i assume is now replaced by Tony Spearing. Two of those have not played professional football and surely i do not have to spell it out who those two are Purple ? [/quote]Oh dear. Were you gambling I would be too stupid to know what you''d posted or wouldn''t be bothered to check? What you posted was this:You do know that there are " non football guys " at Colney who are

members of the football staff
and have never played the game at a level

where more than one man and his dog watches from the sidelines on a

village green Purple ?And are you seriously trying to suggest that this player is somehow blaming his stalled career on the fact that the football board has on it the CEO, who pretty much has to be there to make sure the transfer dealings fit in with the budget? Of course he isn''t.

Why are so many trying to make more of this than it actually is.

Every summer up and down the country at all levels, non league included, young players are told "sorry, you are simply not good enough", no matter how its dressed up that''s what it means, 99% take it on the chin and try elsewhere, they find there level. The other 1% (or the parents) blame the club, the training etc, get over it, its life.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Why are so many trying to make more of this than it actually is.

Every summer up and down the country at all levels, non league included, young players are told "sorry, you are simply not good enough", no matter how its dressed up that''s what it means, 99% take it on the chin and try elsewhere, they find there level. The other 1% (or the parents) blame the club, the training etc, get over it, its life.[/quote]Absolutely. There seems to be some kind of agenda I don''t understand against one person at Colney whose name cannot be mentioned for reasons I also do not understand. Doubly baffling.

Cam jam''s quote " the manager is really enthusiastic and wants to help the lads improve. "

there lies a problem AN might well be enthusiastic as you would expect

but i see little evidence he has improved any player !

in fact when players come from other teams brady for example seems his early good form was coached out of him

redmond has not improved since AN has been here maybe hit his level or has he stalled ?

players not holding form and not improving or playing to the top of their ability lies firmly at the managers and coaching staffs door

this is my main gripe with AN does he get the best performances out of the player and team ?

he did in the first season he was here in the championship

saw little bits in EPL

be interesting this season how we see players improve or not i guess first 10 games will tell us which is the real AN

Yes, but Jerome didn''t say how much he likes the "non-footballing" people, so it''s obvious we have massive problems behind the scenes.

:-D

On Feb 23 Adel Gafaiti retweeted a post that says:''If someone has something bad to say about you, it''s because they have nothing good to say about themselves''This seems somewhat ironic in light of what he went on to post about the club.

Apologies to Purple with regard to my '' football staff  '' and ''football board '' mix up. You are plainly correct in saying i said '' staff '' and my denial was because i thought i had posted '' board '' which was in intention therefore a typo error. There were two non football guys on the Football Board which has now become one.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Apologies to Purple with regard to my '' football staff  '' and ''football board '' mix up. You are plainly correct in saying i said '' staff '' and my denial was because i thought i had posted '' board '' which was in intention therefore a typo error. There were two non football guys on the Football Board which has now become one.[/quote]Thanks. Let us move on.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]" ......... isn''t constructive with advice, gives players that he doesn''t fancy the cold shoulder with no explanation and has no interest in their future."
[/quote]

Not sure what ''the messiah'' as you describe him has to do with this post. He fell out with someone else entirely for completely different reasons.

You don''t know who I''ve talked to and I wouldn''t tell you as it wouldn''t be fair or sensible to do so (unlike Gaffiti) they''ve not shared their identity on social media.

Your quote is vaguely irrelevant in respect of the structure of the club - Cameron Jerome wouldn''t deal with Ricky Martin on a day to day basis but don''t let that bother you.

Take my post as reliable or disregard as you please, just not sure how a lot of your post is at all relevant.

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="westcoastcanary"]" ......... isn''t constructive with advice, gives players that he doesn''t fancy the cold shoulder with no explanation and has no interest in their future."
[/quote]

Not sure what ''the messiah'' as you describe him has to do with this post. He fell out with someone else entirely for completely different reasons.

You don''t know who I''ve talked to and I wouldn''t tell you as it wouldn''t be fair or sensible to do so (unlike Gaffiti) they''ve not shared their identity on social media.

Your quote is vaguely irrelevant in respect of the structure of the club - Cameron Jerome wouldn''t deal with Ricky Martin on a day to day basis but don''t let that bother you.

Take my post as reliable or disregard as you please, just not sure how a lot of your post is at all relevant.[/quote]The ''messiah'' had played at a much higher level than the Jewson League and is the owner of winners medals in two different top flight division, plus the European Cup. Meaning he is held in much higher regard in the wider footballing community than he-who-must-not-be-named, and as such his opinion, rightly so, carries more weight.As for keeping your sources confidential Cobain, I can totally agree as I did something similar whilst being accused of libel (still waiting for a phone call from their lawyer by the way). If we have different sources, which I very much expect that they are from the very little you''ve given away about your source, that would be three people (yours, mine and Adel) saying very similar things about the same man. Three separate witnesses saying the same thing would start to make a very strong case for any prosecution in a court in England. Just saying.