Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Adel gafaiti tweets. Read this

Adel Gafati is a little disappointed because he failed to make the cut, and he has resorted to social media to express that disappointment. He is only harming himself as prospective clubs will see his immaturity. Hence why his tweets have been deleted. I hope he finds a new club, I really do, he is young and from what I hear had some talent. He is gone. He is the least of our worries. End Of.

Who knows Purple, only Adel......

But off the back of relegation, the changes since January and uncertainty going into this summer it''s not the sort of negative read we need, he''s aimed it to the supporters not criticised the club!

Morty it might just be that, but then again, he''s a 4 year pro who''s now heading elsewhere, why bother? Not the first player to criticise the club after leaving recently is he?

We have known what the lad has said to be true for a number of years now , just look at the mess the club was before Mcnally arrived League 1 reappointment of Gunn even after he had proved he didnt have a clue . People who think we have the best owners going should open their eyes we are run by amateurs and without Mcnally would probably be kicking around in League 1 still .

[quote user="Indy"]Who knows Purple, only Adel......

But off the back of relegation, the changes since January and uncertainty going into this summer it''s not the sort of negative read we need, he''s aimed it to the supporters not criticised the club!

Morty it might just be that, but then again, he''s a 4 year pro who''s now heading elsewhere, why bother? Not the first player to criticise the club after leaving recently is he?[/quote]That wasn''t my point. Which was that this specific attack on the "non football guys" at the club somehow here got re-interpreted as an attack on the football staff.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="hogesar"]Pessimistic Hogesar say''s this is a potential indication of youngsters being disillusioned at our football club, which is hardly a position we want to be in.[/quote]Yes, a bit of a worry since Cameron McGeehan was also not too complementary when he left.I hope post-McNally that things are fixable and Alex Neil gives a bit more of a chance to our youth, without being in fear for his job as a consequence. We need to have our best youth filling in here and there instead of paying an experienced pro £1000''s/week to keep his 4r$e warm on the bench.[/quote]
Yeah the McGeehan comments is what I instantly thought of. 
I agree with the giving chance to youth without being in fear for his job but is that ever going to be the case? We''re in what is, on the face of it a good position - one of the top championship teams with relevant Premier League experience. 
The downside is when we''re in the Championship the expectation is an instant return. When we''re in the Premier League it''s fighting for survival. I can see why it''s hard for us to get youth into the team when for the last few years we''ve been in either / or situation.[/quote]I get the ''have to be good enough'' argument, but consider that (imho) McGeehan looked good enough for the Championship, and Chris Martin before him looked to be able to do a job in the Premier League (we were relegated a year after he left for Derby).If those two were under-used, then it doesn''t hold much hope both for the club and any other youth player who''s capable of doing a job.I think keeping anyone similar to McGeehan at Carrow Road in order to develop, train with the first team and sit on the bench might be a bit more productive than sending them out on loan. Especially so if we should find ourselves playing in the Championship.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Adel Gafati is a little disappointed because he failed to make the cut, and he has resorted to social media to express that disappointment. He is only harming himself as prospective clubs will see his immaturity. Hence why his tweets have been deleted. I hope he finds a new club, I really do, he is young and from what I hear had some talent. He is gone. He is the least of our worries. End Of.[/quote]

He already has a two year deal with a club with a 40,000 crowd and which plays in the top league of the respective country.

I imagine by ''non football'' he means someone who is not directly involved in the team ''on pitch'' management but involved in some other form of team management. Just a musing.

"Non-Football guys" surely would be these dodgy agencies we''ve hired to sell off our best assets, no? Probably didn''t think they''d get enough of a cut from selling Gafaiti to be worth the effort, so they ''advised'' the club to release him on a free...

Whatever has gone on this dates back a long way. Adel despite being a contracted player has played only once in 18 months & was not shown as an under 21 on the website last season.

I know this thread isn''t about Cameron McGeehan, but as he''s been mentioned and has made some negative comments here goes.

So, he did extremely well for us int he Youth Cup and the club and fans should be very proud of that achievement. But since then, he went out on Luton who were then non-league and consequently signed for them as he saw no future at Norwich. He''s got a couple of seasons under his belt now at Luton, were he''s very well regarded. But so far, no "bigger" clubs playing at a higher level have come in for him. Maybe that tells us all we need to know? He''s found his level and the club knew that when they released him?

I do wish him well for the future, but maybe it''s sour grapes as he felt he was a shoe-in to the first team but just didn''t cut the mustard? Maybe part of the problem is our youth team are built up too much so all expect to be first team candidates? Unfortunately, very few are going to make the grade and there must be 1000s of ex-youth players out there from all clubs who thought they were going to be playing in the Premier League.

All the rumours I''ve heard is that AN and his team are well liked at Colney. We haven''t heard that he''s an inspiring leader or revamped the club like people were saying Lambert did but he seems to have the players respect.

For me this is either a case of many highly rated youth prospects have the club sold to them, that we''ll develop them for a few years and they''ll get a chance and so far none of them have. They could feel that the route to the first team is impossible because maybe there could be a coaching problem at youth level, the players could be unhappy about how their loans are handled, they could feel that they don''t get looked after and monitored like first team players, they could feel that some of the first team aren''t pulling their weight and are frustrated that they can''t make the team etc.

Or this is a contract thing, the players could feel whoever is in charge of paying out bonuses or clauses is stiffing the players in a way, they might find our current wage structure or demotion clauses unfair etc

It could be bloody anything, the tweet was cryptic, but from what I''ve read and the little bits and pieces of rumours you pick up from people in person or online that have a good track record seems to suggest to me he wasn''t referring to our coaching staff at least.

We''ll never know of course, but I''m gagging to know what he''s referring to. If we have aspirations of being a PL team, given the fact we haven''t got much money we absolutely have to get everything behind the scenes and at colney spot on and working. It''s worrying that there might be a morale problem going into such a crucial season for us

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Hence the nickname The Man From Mulbarton norfolkngood. It wasn''t me who called him that to start with as it came from within the club. You also have Fat Frankie nicknamed BBC because all he does is collect the balls,bibs and cones at training.[/quote]

There is always someone at a club who gets this name, the balls, bibs & cones don''t put themselves there.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]It''s worrying that there might be a morale problem going into such a crucial season for us[/quote]

There would be something wrong if there wasn''t a slight dip in morale at the club atm.  We''ve just had a very disappointing season and the relegation and subsequent soul searching is bound to have caused everyone - players and all staff - to think about their position and what their role was in contributing to that season.  Any dip in morale is a good thing because it will allow everyone to reflect and then regroup from the disappointment and prepare for the challenge ahead.  As for young players, they are just that - young.  They will have been as disappointed as anyone at our relegation - the whole club is relegated, not just the first team - but they have to take it on the chin, get on with it, pursue their careers as best they can and move on, if that is necessary.    Gafaiti should not be airing his views on twitter - he is a professional, or wants to be. There will always be clashes of personality and irritations in any

organisation, but as professionals, the players have to accept that. If as a player you start getting a reputation for complaining in public about your club, no-one will want to employ you. Keep it in your trousers son, then you won''t get it chopped off.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]Who knows Purple, only Adel......

Morty it might just be that, but then again, he''s a 4 year pro who''s now heading elsewhere, why bother? Not the first player to criticise the club after leaving recently is he?[/quote]That wasn''t my point. Which was that this specific attack on the "non football guys" at the club somehow here got re-interpreted as an attack on the football staff.[/quote]You do know that there are " non football guys " at Colney who are members of the football staff and have never played the game at a level where more than one man and his dog watches from the sidelines on a village green Purple ?

I agree that there should be a morale drop after relegation. This is their livelihoods and many of them have now failed to be what they''ve aspired to be (Regular PL footballers) for two non consecutive seasons in a row. I''d imagine the likes of Ruddy, Martin, Tettey, Howson etc basically all the regulars from our previous relegation must feel at the lowest point in their careers, hopefully it inspires them to work even harder, but you never know.

What I meant was players might be having problems with people at the club. You can''t create a professional, hard working ethic if the troops think those in command are incompetent. i''m stretching to conclusions here again, but this isn''t the first time we''ve heard something like this.

It''s not like we''re Gafaiti''s only club either. He was at Rangers when Ally McCoist was manager. That guy''s idea of a training exercise is literally (I sh*t you not) bearing his bare arse to his players if they weren''t concentrating and getting them to try to boot a ball at him. So Gafaiti has seen a poorly run club before, he''s found a club immediately so it''s not like we killed his career here, I think there might be something in what he''s saying

@Til

This is how I read it- non football people involved in the football side.

Out of interest can you say who you mean? I think I can guess but am not 100% sure...

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]Who knows Purple, only Adel......

Morty it might just be that, but then again, he''s a 4 year pro who''s now heading elsewhere, why bother? Not the first player to criticise the club after leaving recently is he?[/quote]That wasn''t my point. Which was that this specific attack on the "non football guys" at the club somehow here got re-interpreted as an attack on the football staff.[/quote]You do know that there are " non football guys " at Colney who are members of the football staff and have never played the game at a level where more than one man and his dog watches from the sidelines on a village green Purple ?[/quote]No, and I am always keen to be put right, so it would be helpful if you named then. I was going on the fact that the people who appear to be the  top five at Colney, Neil, Holt, McAvoy, Kiely and Martin (plus Adams in his roving role), all seem to have have rock-solid backgrounds in professional football, playing and/or management/coaching. Perhaps there are people below that level who lack those credentials?

All the rumours I''ve heard is that AN and his team are well liked at Colney

liked and respected are totally different !

we have a manager who is very lacking in experience

he has a bunch of players who have all played at a higher standard than what he played at

so for him to gain respect he is going to have to be a very good manager

people like wenger and jose were not great players but are great managers so players respect them

i think the coaches do not help

fat frankie is he respected ?

gary holt ?

what do you think Klose thinks when he is sharing football stories with rick martin at colney over a cup of tea ?

now ryan giggs walks in to colney he would command instant respect due to what he has achieved people would listen

does that make him a better manager than AN no

but proves a point what AN is up against

Now Ray, whilst I do respect your musings and know that you have/had good connections with the club, especially the youth side of it, I do feel you are being slightly naughty with your phraseology there. The team he has signed for, MC Oran, finished 10th in the Algerian 1st Division last year (a league that in 2014 was ranked as the 62nd strongest top league in the world, out of 125, behind such footballing powerhouses as Costa Rica, Northern Ireland, Guatemala and Mali). Also, according to Wikipedia their ground has a current capacity of 40,000, now whilst I can''t be bothered to do sufficient research to back this up (hence citing the 2014 rankings above), I would wager that unlike us, they do not sell out every week.

I do wish him well but I doubt this new club would mean that he isn''t lashing out in disappointment at not cutting it with us (apologies if you''re not).

I think what was said was out of frustration. Gafaiti could be a good player but nobody knows because he''s not getting games.

Loza scores 5 in an under 21 game but we get rid of him along with King who scored the other 2.

We are losing our resources and having to rely on the transfer market.New players take time to settle and damage is done in the meantime.

Mulumbu''s season was ruined because he was injured early on and could not catch up match fitness.

You can blame people within the club for what happened but if we had a bit of luck with decisions we would still be in the prem

For those questioning the identity of The Man From Mulbarton our Football Board was made up of two people who have never played the game at a professional level plus the Head of Recruitment and our manager. One of those four has recently left so i am sure it can therefore be worked out. Coaching badges do not count for much unlike you can put it into practise and command the respect of all around you in the game. The football world is full of great players who although have coaching qualifications failed miserably as managers and coaches.Some succeed, many do not so because the man in question may have the qualifications it does not mean is is respected by the players at Colney.

You can blame people within the club for what happened but if we had a bit of luck with decisions we would still be in the prem

nothing to do with manager or coaches then all about decisions ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]For those questioning the identity of The Man From Mulbarton our Football Board was made up of two people who have never played the game at a professional level plus the Head of Recruitment and our manager. One of those four has recently left so i am sure it can therefore be worked out. Coaching badges do not count for much unlike you can put it into practise and command the respect of all around you in the game. The football world is full of great players who although have coaching qualifications failed miserably as managers and coaches.Some succeed, many do not so because the man in question may have the qualifications it does not mean is is respected by the players at Colney.[/quote]That won''t do. You said there were people plural on the football staff who were non-football. You have in some roundabout nudge-nudge way I don''t see the need for mentioned one, who plainly is a football person, having been in the professional game for many years now, including leading the academy to Category One status. Whether he is respected or not is another matter, but not what you were claiming. And I notice the lack of any other names.

Cornish Sam,

I wasn''t going to mention the club because at the time I knew about it, it wasn''t public, I understand it is now. The point of saying he had re-signed elsewhere was to let posters know that he probably wasn''t simply ''having a go'' because he was ''out of work''. I do believe there may be other more systemic issues.

Re the ground, as far as I am aware they do get very close to selling out every week, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Supporters_du_MC_Oran_(Stade_Ahmed_Zabana)_02.jpg This is the only reference I can find but it looks pretty full to me.

Yes 10th, but only 8 points behind 2nd, having dropped 10 out of the last 15 points available, maybe this is why they''ve signed him??

There are a few Algerian players playing at a decent level around Europe, particularly France as you may expect, plus of course Leicester''s Mahrez.

So, I fully accept as a league it may not be the strongest, it hopefully will be a stepping stone for him to ''make it'' in a bigger league.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]You can blame people within the club for what happened but if we had a bit of luck with decisions we would still be in the prem

nothing to do with manager or coaches then all about decisions ?[/quote]

Don''t know where you got that from.

Ha ha so essentially an apprentice has said it''s not right behind the scenes and so begins another conspiracy. I can''t imagine Adel Gafaiti was privy to what goes on in the corridors of power.

Also not sure a lack of top end professional playing experience is really am argument for someone being incapable to work in a footballing capacity. Ask Wenger, Mourinho and Arrigo Sacchi whether it hindered them.

Fair enough Ray, I didn''t realise that there was an embargo or anything in place on that knowledge, I just looked him up on Wikipedia out of curiosity to see where you were referring to and it was there.

Perhaps it''s just in catching up on what happened on the forum over the last few days there is so much negativity and club bashing I read your post in the wrong way. There may be more systemic issues in place (And from a Youth team players perspective there almost certainly are due to the lack of progression and retention that they are seeing) but I would say the fact that he had been signed by another club would make it more likely that he was simply ''having a go'' as he knew that he already had something lined up.

I agree that there are a few Algerian players playing at a high standard, the thing with most of them though is that they are actually products of the French academy systems as opposed to homegrown Algerians (As you allude to there is a huge Algerian diaspora in the south of France) so I''m afraid I don''t have much optimism for this being a short term step down to get back up, though I hope for him that I''m wrong.

Sour grapes perhaps, we shall never know. All I do know is that AN and his team are highly liked and respected throughout the club from top to bottom. If things were as bad as Gafaiti is trying to make out then players like Jerome and Whittaker would not be committed to stay, simple as that.

Mr Gafaiti can say what he likes, he''s entitled to his opinion. Of course I''d imagine it was aimed at something specific and was something to do with the fact he didn''t take getting the boot very well. That said, if he''s as good as he thinks he is he won''t find it too hard to find another club.

I take the fact that he says these "non football guys" or guy is involved with the first team and youth team means he''s not talking about someone on the admin side of things but rather someone who has involvement up at Colney.

Thing is with dictators and control freaks they like to surround themselves with yes men and those willing to act as their eyes and ears, and perhaps, just perhaps those people do not end up being very popular at Colney and are not trusted by others. I very much hope that when the new CEO comes in he (or she) is able to delegate and puts in place an effective team.

AJ,

It may be worth reading all the posts before you post because he has found himself another club and I suspect whilst our ex-CEO may have left a legacy, the club will do all it can to change things, as per Jim''s post after yours.