Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

New 3 year deal for Jerome

Makes sense I suppoe - we know he can deliver at Champs level and if we do get back up at the first attempt we can get a decent fee for him if we want to offload with 2 years left on his contract

Makes that article talking about us hiring outside people as we were desperate to offload Brady, Jerome etc a load of bull.

[quote user="hogesar"]Makes that article talking about us hiring outside people as we were desperate to offload Brady, Jerome etc a load of bull.[/quote]

Not really, as I''m pretty sure deals have been offered to players with a season to go and if they decide against it then these agents will look to broker the best deals for player sales.

Still great to get a proven championship striker signed on long term. Without Jerome we have no striker.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="hogesar"]Makes that article talking about us hiring outside people as we were desperate to offload Brady, Jerome etc a load of bull.[/quote]

Not really, as I''m pretty sure deals have been offered to players with a season to go and if they decide against it then these agents will look to broker the best deals for player sales.

Still great to get a proven championship striker signed on long term. Without Jerome we have no striker.[/quote]
But the article stated we were looking to sell Jerome.
He''s just signed a new contract.
We clearly weren''t looking to sell Jerome.
Thus, yes, it was rubbish.

Like all media a Hoge dress it up to look more than it actually is.

Thats last years crap defence and striker all in place for next season then , when Neil says we need a clearout and freshen up he sure does not mess around . Mid table next season and  maybe the first finishing below them down the road for a very long time .

Jerome looked very good at this level only a year ago, scoring 20+ to get us promoted. Given that he''s currently just about the only proven striker on our books you''d have to be a grade one fool not to see this as good news. It also sends a message out that we are continuing to do business, and the ''fire sale'' of our decent players is guff.

Huge player for us last time around in the champ, and whilst I don''t expect him to hit those highs again certainly an important contract to tie down whilst we only have him and Lafferty on our books (discounting RvW of course)

I have seen mention of this list of players for sale a few times now but I missed the original post/article it was based on. Does anybody have a link please?

This is good news, forget last season his general play was still good even last year and he''s more than proven in the champs. We just shouldnt have been in a position where he was a first choice striker at prem level.

I would imagine Jerome''s agent could name his price and length of contract as Norwich''s only forward option, if Jerome hadn''t signed, and ahead of any signings, would be RVW, perish the thought......

[quote user="unique"]I would imagine Jerome''s agent could name his price and length of contract as Norwich''s only forward option[/quote]Yep, sounds about right.Hate to think he was happy to agree terms at a club he was settled at, heaven forbid.[:S]

If he hadn''t signed today, then that would of only left 8 weeks before the start of the season to sign another striker or two. ''Phews'' all round I would wager.

That at least 15 goals taken care of for next season so now to find him a 20 goal partner.

Bor, did you ever drink that pint? 😜😜😜

[quote user="unique"]I would imagine Jerome''s agent could name his price and length of contract as Norwich''s only forward option, if Jerome hadn''t signed, and ahead of any signings, would be RVW, perish the thought......[/quote]

But there''s the minor fact that the club has a lot less money due to getting relegated, severely limiting how far he could "name his own price". 

Good news on both sides.  He''s a top championship striker.  And it certainly shows that story about us looking to sell him by appointing agents to do that was just rubbish.

as we are in the championship i see no problem with this he is proven at this level and should score goals again

like someone else said his general play last season was good

he runs the channels holds it up its just scoring in the PL is his trouble

so while we are in this league fine

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Bor, did you ever drink that pint? 😜😜😜[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Clint"]Have I missed something or are the goals bigger this season?[/quote]
You''ve missed something. It''s not about how big the goal is, it''s about how much bigger it looks to a striker with that little bit more time ...........

That''s a nonesense Westcoast, there was plenty of chances he had this season where he had plenty of time. I think you''d have been closer to the mark with '' how much bigger the goal looks to a striker in form''.

Jerome came to us as a fresh start, scored a tap in on his debut and it escalated from there. A confident Jerome is a very good player but I don''t see how someone who scored 3 goals in 35 games is now expected to be our saviour. Fair enough, it''s a different level but an out of form striker will not score goals. He''s also played approx 14 seasons of which only 3 has he hit anywhere like double figures.

If Jerome had scored 3 goals in 35 games for another team last season and given his previous stats, you''d be going nuts about him spearheading our attack!

I''ve always seen Jerome almost as a sprinter, instead of a footballer. He works best when you don''t have to do a lot of thinking to score; just be that little bit quicker and prod the ball home, or occasionally spank the thing from distance.

The trouble with this is that, in the league above, he''s finding defenders that are quicker and keepers that are more alert. Minus the goals where his athleticism played a key role (which of course is incredibly subjective) or were tap-ins he would currently be on 9 in two years for us.

Happy he''s been retained. He''s a reliable goal threat this year, then worry about the rest later.

Didn''t he score circa 20 goals for us last Championship season, and score in the Wembley Playoff Final?

Happy with this, a great option at this level. I also imagine people would be delighted if we''d signed one of the Championship top scorers from last season.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]The pinkun never ceases to amaze me.  So we''re debating whether a striker may find it easier to score goals in the championship than in the premiership.  I think I''ll pass.[/quote]
I''m now starting to doubt if its more difficult to score in the Prem than it is at the FDC 5 a sides in Bowthorpe. 
Saying that, even if that''s the case I still won''t make the grade.

Good news!I can''t help wondering if things would have been different if the Palace goal at the start of the season had stood. Confidence is a big thing for many players.