Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Rumours etc.

With all the rumours coming out re Brady and Redmond about to move I sincerely hope that in this transfer window we don''t end up like other windows where we leave everything to the last minute. No Iam not panicking and realise that there may be no movement until the Euro''s have finished, but just wondering ?

Not seen us even linked with anybody for weeks now , its certainly showing all the signs of being another disasterous summer , getting rid of the deadwood should have been done as soon as the season ended but we chose to give them all new contracts instead .

To be fair under McNally I felt we shook this tag off - he never left stuff last minute as far as I''m aware. The only last minute thing under McNally were Hughton''s repeated last minute substitutes. Just why?! Still irks me to this day!

I''d assume our incomings will depend on our outgoings. Therefore once we''ve sold Redmond we should be a bit more active.

[quote user="AJ"]To be fair under McNally I felt we shook this tag off - he never left stuff last minute as far as I''m aware. The only last minute thing under McNally were Hughton''s repeated last minute substitutes. Just why?! Still irks me to this day![/quote]

Still love Lambert''s substitutions.  If we were behind, come 60 minutes you''d have 2 subs.  You could set your watch by it.

Mind you there was the time when we were beating Sunderland  (I think) and he made his third sub about 85 minutes and Vaughan then went down injured and we finished with 10 men.  He didn''t make that mistake again.

I''ve never understood giving a striker 2 minutes to try to get an equalizer - everyone knows it can take time to get into the game.

One thing that currently does not look good is Alexs statement a few weeks ago about the age of his squad...well Alex, we see that Turner and Whitts, both over 30, are still with City, and Redmond and Brady, two of our youngest squad players, are likely on the move soon...the average age of our squad is fast increasing, not decreasing.I suppose it may stabilise if Maddison  becomes a 1st team regular, but we need  some of our Murphys and Toffolos to really  make any difference.

[quote user="EGGY "]With all the rumours coming out re Brady and Redmond about to move I sincerely hope that in this transfer window we don''t end up like other windows where we leave everything to the last minute. No Iam not panicking and realise that there may be no movement until the Euro''s have finished, but just wondering ?[/quote]

Back to the Worthington days - nobody does business now - much prefer the Lambert days I want it and I want it now.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Patience! How many players have Villa and Newcastle bought or been linked to?[/quote]Bournemouth have apparently accepted a £3M bid from Aston Villa for captain Tommy Elphick.Newcastle are to step up their search for a central

defender with Chancel Mbemba likely to miss a month of the new season

while away with the DR Congo at next year''s Africa Cup of Nations.

It is true to say that next to no one has done any business - other than doing the usual of releasing players and announcing the odd contract extensions. It''s hardly surprising given that the transfer window is not yet open and the euros are on.

Interesting to note that Jeromes agents appear to be the same lot we have allegedly appointed to handle our transfer business. Not sure what to make of that if the case. No doubt a tough negotiation!

We are in a tricky market with Villa & Newcastle with them being bigger propositions in the champ than us. We all know they will pay more money and bigger wages.

The xfer window doesn''t open for another two weeks. It''s already doom and gloom before its even started. Patience!

[quote user="Samwam27"]The xfer window doesn''t open for another two weeks. It''s already doom and gloom before its even started. Patience![/quote]So we must''nt line up any deals ''til then?

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Samwam27"]The xfer window doesn''t open for another two weeks. It''s already doom and gloom before its even started. Patience![/quote]So we must''nt line up any deals ''til then?[/quote]

Why announce them if we have and risk them falling through?

No chance of signing anyone decent with the state of Colney. Whar were Brady, Naismith and Klose thinking in joining a club with a dilapidated training ground.

We need two decent strikers and thats about all, and the squad would then be more than good enough to push for automatic promotion. Finding them though will be the key and failure to do so may be the difference between top 2 or top half

[quote user="AJ"]To be fair under McNally I felt we shook this tag off - he never left stuff last minute as far as I''m aware. The only last minute thing under McNally were Hughton''s repeated last minute substitutes. Just why?! Still irks me to this day![/quote]v

Strange last summer leaving things to the last minute was exactly what we were being accused of & as far as I''m aware McNally was still in charge. Assume the post was sarcastic.

Point is virtually all clubs want the business done &dusted early. However the agents/players don''t. Nearer the deadline more clubs desperate, more money in the contracts offers.

The last signing I got excited about was Julian Brellier! I thought he was just what we needed at the time.

Whoever we sign, the fact is you don''t know if it is a good or bad signing until they pull on that yellow jersey and start doing the business.

According to the PL website, the ''summer transfer window will soon open but some clubs have agreed deals for players already''. I imagine the PL knows it''s own rules, so it appears that Sky is, as is so often the case, wrong.

Indirectly made 3 new signings already , Maddison plus Murphy X 2. If the twins are ever going to make it at Norwich this is the season. Could be great, could be like the Jarvis boys. Who knows .

[quote user="Vanwink"]I''m expecting a disaster of a window like last summer.[/quote]
I''m just curious as to why you are specifically expecting a summer like the last one and not one like the year before, or the year before that, or the year before that, or...
?

It''s the most recent in my memory Chip, and I am still saddened by the result of our failings