Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Lafferty lovers gone a little quiet

Not a great 45 from the big man.

And before anyone says, the service is no excuse. He would have had little or no service in the PL too, which Mbokani and Jerome had to live off last season.

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"]Not a great 45 from the big man.

And before anyone says, the service is no excuse. He would have had little or no service in the PL too, which Mbokani and Jerome had to live off last season.[/quote]And they were both prolific, weren''t they [:D]

I''m far from Lafferty''s biggest fan, but to be fair to him what exactly is any striker for N ireland meant to do in a game played like that. They''ve had so little controlled possession.

No a fan but he has only had one pass to his feet all game and everything else in the air with nobody supporting, bit harsh to criticise him.

NI are clearly not set up to get the ball to Lafferty as quickly as possible. Im not sure what their game plan is other than defend for 80 mins then try and smash and grab in the last ten. Either that or they are just being totally outclassed by a supirior Poland. And there is the goal!!

I think if you look at the first half stats it''ll show Poland had 2/3 of the possession.

I''m not Psychic or anything but that might be a sign why he had a quiet 45 mins!

[quote user="Please Stay Timm Klose"]Not a great 45 from the big man.

And before anyone says, the service is no excuse. He would have had little or no service in the PL too, which Mbokani and Jerome had to live off last season.[/quote]

Timm I bet if I had you round you''d criticise how I mow my lawn, or prepare my beans on toast! Good grief!

As he is still our player, and could feasibly be in our team next season, I presume you will be letting him know your feelings when he pulls the shirt on?

As a Norwich City player, I just presumed we were all fans of any player that plays in the great shirt?

Had few chances - but teams like N Ireland never will create many against big teams. I still wager he''ll score at least one goal in this tournament though, he''s just that kind of player.

A decent, solid performance from the touchline...you cannot deny the man is consistent.

They''ll be keeping him on ice for the World Cup qualifiers vs. San Marino and Azerbaijan.

Apples